A UCR Announcement

I said earlier that has been edited due to talks with UCR. SNX holds no treaty with UCR. Atlas does.

Holy cow, that's some epic side switching right there :D

What was the name of that AA that did something similar in the leadup to Grudge, they dropped their 2 treaties with SF and signed 2 with Mjolnir.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow, that's some epic side switching right there :D

What was the name of that AA that did something similar in the leadup to Grudge, they dropped their 2 treaties with SF and signed 2 with Mjolnir.

Legacy i think?

So has old Guard cut them free yet, I am out of town and not really following. But it seems they are not being talked about as holding a treaty where Atlas does?

Papa still needs land.

Alexio15 post on the 1st page of this announcement. OR had a separate treaty with UCR from die link and hasn't said if it were cancelled. So unless I missed something UCR still has Atlas and OG.

1) it's not an eternal clause. It just says you get attacked if you leave. You can still leave though.

2) UCR has been trying to leave DL waaaay before SNX got hit. It started when SWF fake surrendered when we hit DL and then went into full PM for the entirety of the war and let the rest of DL burn.

They've been in noncommittal feeler protectorate talks with SRA since redarmy (former DL) joined SRA. It just kinda died down when a bulk of their membership left and RALeader went inactive.

3) your dum.

1) it's not an eternal clause. It just says you get attacked if you leave. You can still leave though.

2) UCR has been trying to leave DL waaaay before SNX got hit. It started when SWF fake surrendered when we hit DL and then went into full PM for the entirety of the war and let the rest of DL burn.

They've been in noncommittal feeler protectorate talks with SRA since redarmy (former DL) joined SRA. It just kinda died down when a bulk of their membership left and RALeader went inactive.

3) your dum.

The DL treaty says nothing about anyone being attacked.

Alexio15 post on the 1st page of this announcement. OR had a separate treaty with UCR from die link and hasn't said if it were cancelled. So unless I missed something UCR still has Atlas and OG.

UCR is allied to us.

UCR is allied to us.

Right up until it's inconvenient for them, or it looks like they might be on the losing side of a war. Those are the kinds of allies you have.

I have a feeling that if someone decided to take advantage of the distraction caused by the war and the stupidity of this announcement tp attack UCR, nobody would lift a finger to help them.

This is all speculation, of course. But anyone rushing to UCR's aid would find themselves to be the subject of a comedic goldmine, and most alliances try to avoid that.

Right up until it's inconvenient for them, or it looks like they might be on the losing side of a war. Those are the kinds of allies you have.

I have a feeling that if someone decided to take advantage of the distraction caused by the war and the stupidity of this announcement tp attack UCR, nobody would lift a finger to help them.

This is all speculation, of course. But anyone rushing to UCR's aid would find themselves to be the subject of a comedic goldmine, and most alliances try to avoid that.

You do know that as much as I love comedy and trust me, I know the funny, it would be less than funny to point sharp things at our friends in the Union of Communist Republics. It would be much more fun to tell classic borscht belt jokes.

."What are three words a woman never wants to hear when she’s making love? ‘Honey, I’m home!’"

."What are three words a woman never wants to hear when she’s making love? ‘Honey, I’m home!’"

The Thunderbird Lodge of Mitchell, South Dakota proudly welcomes EEjack to the "Starlight Room", Ladies and Germs!  He's here until Tuesday -- tip your waitress and try the veal!

The Thunderbird Lodge of Mitchell, South Dakota proudly welcomes EEjack to the "Starlight Room", Ladies and Germs!  He's here until Tuesday -- tip your waitress and try the veal!

Glad to be here. You know, my wife loves to chat with me right after sex. Last night she called me from a motel room.

You do know that as much as I love comedy and trust me, I know the funny, it would be less than funny to point sharp things at our friends in the Union of Communist Republics. It would be much more fun to tell classic borscht belt jokes.

OG supports backstabbing cowards? Now THAT is funny.

We have talked about reforms for DL in various forms to improve it but nothing has ever come of these talks. We also talked about reducing it to a simple MDoAP bloc since thats what it acted like but again nothing happened. So we voted to leave at the same time LSF voted to offer support to SNX. And our leaving was not because of LSF's vote but from other internal matters we were fed up with, since we also did hold a vote to go to war and it failed with the majority not wanting to be put into the same position as the SL-Kaskus war where a lot of DL dropped into peace mode.

Canceling this treaty was due to internal problems related to DL's workings and that nothing was being done to resolve them

We have talked about reforms for DL in various forms to improve it but nothing has ever come of these talks. We also talked about reducing it to a simple MDoAP bloc since thats what it acted like but again nothing happened. So we voted to leave at the same time LSF voted to offer support to SNX. And our leaving was not because of LSF's vote but from other internal matters we were fed up with, since we also did hold a vote to go to war and it failed with the majority not wanting to be put into the same position as the SL-Kaskus war where a lot of DL dropped into peace mode.

Canceling this treaty was due to internal problems related to DL's workings and that nothing was being done to resolve them

important part in bold.  I'll also give you a bit of advice from one allinace leader to the other. You might want to give your allies the heads up you choose to use the optional part in a ODP. since you guys clearly value your pixles over friends even friends that stuck there necks out for you.

To be sure nobody misunderstands this, SRA is not protecting UCR.

In the end, who cares that they left. They were unhappy with where things were going so they left. Sure it looks suspicious, but I knew about UCR trying to leave DL a long time ago (before I even joined back in with Atlas), before this war was even close to starting. I'm sure the war sped the process up though. I mean, when you are unhappy with a bloc's direction don't you leave it when there is a lack of agreement on all parties behalf? Same with a treaty, am I wrong? Of course, the timing could have been better, there is no disputing that. Regardless, I'll stand by my allies in UCR. Some of you need to worry more about your alliances right now anyway besides worrying what caused DL to split. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for any of the parties involved. 

Edited by Sir Kiloist