Imperial Decree - DBDC

Dajobo

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the point was to get some so-so PR from people already well-disposed toward Polaris, then it's been slightly successful, but not terribly so.

If the point was to frighten anyone, it's definitely not working. (I note that the nations that have supplied tech to DBDC since this announcement remain untouched.)

If the point was to provide a means to keep the NpO in a perpetual state of war even after the current conflict has concluded, then it's mission accomplished. (The logic goes something like this: If one of my alliance's members is doing something we consider licit but that you consider to be an act of war, the sensible thing is to attack you pre-emptively before you attack our member.)

The Emperor of the New Polar Order has constructed a paper tiger of a policy that only the most committed fanboys can possibly worship. When this policy is publicly repudiated -- and it will either be repudiated or applied so selectively as to be meaningless -- I assume that will be followed by the resignation of the idiot who announced it in the first place.

implying that the people currently aiding DBDC aren't DBDC "family members"

If the point was to get some so-so PR from people already well-disposed toward Polaris, then it's been slightly successful, but not terribly so.

If the point was to frighten anyone, it's definitely not working. (I note that the nations that have supplied tech to DBDC since this announcement remain untouched.)

If the point was to provide a means to keep the NpO in a perpetual state of war even after the current conflict has concluded, then it's mission accomplished. (The logic goes something like this: If one of my alliance's members is doing something we consider licit but that you consider to be an act of war, the sensible thing is to attack you pre-emptively before you attack our member.)

The Emperor of the New Polar Order has constructed a paper tiger of a policy that only the most committed fanboys can possibly worship. When this policy is publicly repudiated -- and it will either be repudiated or applied so selectively as to be meaningless -- I assume that will be followed by the resignation of the idiot who announced it in the first place.

What do you propose, then? We've been hit by nations we can't even counter what, 3 times now? They have hit about 20 alliances without any justification, and no consequences.

Their allies sit by, and continue to support. So, what exactly is the problem with Polar saying we will hit nations who support them? You'll support DBDC hitting nations for fun, but attack Polar for defending themselves in the only way possible? Yeah, you make no sense.

Edited by Starfox101

This is some of the most stretched logic you will see ITT and reeks of schattenman rage speech. Not only do I see this as a desperate play, one that will be absolute hell to keep up, but you're essentially cementing the current political state of CN against you (Polaris) over what is by all accounts a well-timed preemptive strike by DBDC.

You are more than welcome to take whatever approach you think is warranted, but don't be surprised if this is your ultimate undoing. I have no doubt that our allies will see this for what it is, a back door approach to a problem you were more than capable of solving along with the rest of our detractors. You're basically doubling down on a losing hand and I commend your bravery.

DBDC hereby recognizes your recognition of attacks and does you one better. Until a second agreement is reached, DBDC will consider itself at war with every current and future ally of Polaris and might just hit anyone who send tech there too, if it pleases the casualty gods. If you wish to trade the micro tier for all claim to the upper tier for the rest of your existence we gladly accept your challenge and volunteer as tribute for the 1v1 you so desperately seem to think NPO deserves.

We have been prepared for your decree of ineptitude and let me be the first to welcome you to big boy warfare. Godspeed Polaris, you will need it.

DBDC Delenda Est

What do you propose, then? We've been hit by nations we can't even counter what, 3 times now? They have hit about 20 alliances without any justification, and no consequences.

Their allies sit by, and continue to support. So, what exactly is the problem with Polar saying we will hit nations who support them? You'll support DBDC hitting nations for fun, but attack Polar for defending themselves in the only way possible? Yeah, you make no sense.

Let me be clear, Starfox.

You ask what my problem is "with Polar saying [you] will hit nations who support [DBDC]." I say I have absolutely no problem with this, but that is not what your Emperor has put forward.

You think nations are behaving aggressively? Hit them. Hit them as hard as you possibly can.

Don't say "We're going after nations, not alliances" as your foolish Emperor has. You hit one nation in an alliance, you hit all of them. That is how the world works; something your leader apparently forgot.

And for God's sake, don't announce that you're going to be selective about it. Hit none of them -- or be selective about it -- and your Emperor's statement is meaningless; a bit of fluff for consumption by those like yourself.

Am I clear now? I'm calling your Emperor someone who lacks the courage of his convictions and hides behind weasel words and threats that aren't really threats after all. That you and your alliance-mates have bought into this cowardly foolishness is mind-boggling.

But hey....Hail Polaris! Keep those strongly-worded letters coming!

EDIT: Now that's more like it! Enjoy your eternal war, I guess. (And you're still not hitting all of them, so my criticism stands.)

Edited by kingzog

You ask what my problem is "with Polar saying [you] will hit nations who support [DBDC]." I say I have absolutely no problem with this, but that is not what your Emperor has put forward.

You think nations are behaving aggressively? Hit them. Hit them as hard as you possibly can.

Don't say "We're going after nations, not alliances" as your foolish Emperor has. You hit one nation in an alliance, you hit all of them. That is how the world works; something your leader apparently forgot.

And for God's sake, don't announce that you're going to be selective about it. Hit none of them -- or be selective about it -- and your Emperor's statement is meaningless; a bit of fluff for consumption by those like yourself.

Am I clear now? I'm calling your Emperor someone who lacks the courage of his convictions and hides behind weasel words and threats that aren't really threats after all. That you and your alliance-mates have bought into this cowardly foolishness is mind-boggling.

EDIT: Now that's more like it! Enjoy your eternal war, I guess. (And you're still not hitting all of them, so my criticism stands.)

It works in both directions kingzog.  You aid one nation that is at war with Polar and you are not just aiding a war against an individual Polar nation, you are aiding a war and committing an act of war against all of Polar.  Now, as Emperor Dajobo stated, how alliances respond is their business.  

It works in both directions kingzog.  You aid one nation that is at war with Polar and you are not just aiding a war against an individual Polar nation, you are aiding a war and committing an act of war against all of Polar.  Now, as Emperor Dajobo stated, how alliances respond is their business.  

Dear God, you don't seem to get it, either. I can't type any more slowly, so let me try saying it one more time:

1. You don't get to selectively attack alliance members and not be at war with the alliance. To say otherwise is just stupid.

2. Announcing in advance that a policy will be selectively applied smacks of opportunism and cowardice. If the announcement had said "except our allies" or "this only applies to unaligned nations or alliances we don't like" then at least it would have been honest. No less ridiculous, but honest.

Dear God, you don't seem to get it, either. I can't type any more slowly, so let me try saying it one more time:

1. You don't get to selectively attack alliance members and not be at war with the alliance. To say otherwise is just stupid.

2. Announcing in advance that a policy will be selectively applied smacks of opportunism and cowardice. If the announcement had said "except our allies" or "this only applies to unaligned nations or alliances we don't like" then at least it would have been honest. No less ridiculous, but honest.

It has been about 24 hours since the Imperial Decree and you are making assumptions as to how it will be carried out.  Only we will dictate how, when, and against whom.  How alliances respond to it is their business.  That statement is clear in the Imperial Decree.  That statement covers your point.  If alliances view it as war on their entire alliance then so be it.  We do not view it that way, but if an alliance recognizes a state of war with us because we attacked one of their nations for aiding DBDC, then so be it.  

Edited by Joseph26

It has been about 24 hours since the Imperial Decree and you are making assumptions as to how it will be carried out.  Only we will dictate how, when, and against whom.  How alliances respond is to it is their business.  That statement is clear in the Imperial Decree.  That statement covers you point.  If alliances view it as war on their entire alliance then so be it.  We do not view it that way, but if an alliance recognizes a state of war with us because we attacked one of their nations for aiding DBDC, then so be it.  

More than likely people are going to recognize war with you for doing that js

Sarcasm aside, you can execute this if you are prepared to face the consequences.  DBDC is built without a tail end, so there is nothing to grab and drag down.  There is no other alliance constructed the way DBDC are and I doubt very strongly other AA's can try to imitate that and live to tell about it.

I think this is the part that people so vastly underestimate.  Knowning a little about how DBDC was constructed and your legwork you put in I definitely think people want to ignore that part.

What leaders have focused on is alliances, not individual nations.  Your unique approach on a more nation to nation level really made a huge difference.

Personally, I think Polaris is using this tactic you so despise to help TOP fulfill treaty obligations they made to the nations remaining on the Mushroom Kingdom AA. If those nations commit an 'act of war' then TOP rescinds its protection of said nation only. It was more of an issue when nations were going rogue and then jumping onto the Mushqueda AA. I assume it is still applicable and you know how dangerous assumptions can be.

It has been about 24 hours since the Imperial Decree and you are making assumptions as to how it will be carried out.  Only we will dictate how, when, and against whom.  How alliances respond to it is their business.  That statement is clear in the Imperial Decree.  That statement covers your point.  If alliances view it as war on their entire alliance then so be it.  We do not view it that way, but if an alliance recognizes a state of war with us because we attacked one of their nations for aiding DBDC, then so be it.

i can assure you that it will be considered an act of war against the entire alliance if you attacked a Nordreich nation for selling tech

Don't worry Zog, some of us appreciate the effort :v

He is making assumptions that are entirely correct. You can state that you intend to hit nations not alliances but no alliance bar possibly an unconnected micro is going to let that happen. Should Polar hit a nation in an established alliance you will be initiating an alliance war and your leadership knows it. Polar is in no position to undertake anything like that, thus making this apparently hardline fight back against DBDC more of a statement of wishful thinking.

P.S. I used to be like you and can understand the urge to keep arguing for your alliances position. But I'll tell you now there's very little mileage in it, especially regarding undefendable positions like this.

Getting the following alert repeatedly in a loud Aldaris voice: 

Aldaris_SC1_HeadAnim1.gif: "YOUR PROBES ARE UNDER ATTACK" 

However, cutting tech supplies to most of the rest would make DBDC more vulnerable long term.  

So how long did it take after eQ for something like this to finally happen?  

Valhalla has a "do not sell list" and has for a long time.  You are correct that more alliances should, particularly to alliances that condone rogue behavior by their members.

By "long time" do you mean since the Disorder War?    :(

Anyway, my nation will come out of being a Peaceful one soon  :)

Edited by King Cyan

Lots of blah blah blah and very little actual substance ITT.

Polaris will do whatever it wants to do, just as DBDC does whatever it wants to do.  We are just politely informing you in advance.  If you want to attack Polaris, then do so, the situation will be fairly much as it is now and this policy will have no impact on us at all. We are not going to roll over to the rabid dogs, being in an eternal war of our own making is far more preferable than being raided any time we stray too close to the magic line. 

DBDC is a powerhouse at the top of the tree but it appears they are unaccountable for anything they do, they raid whoever they feel like, take whatever they want and everyone stands around in awe.  Fear is a strong motivator on Bob, it appears many people are so prepared to allow DBDC to do whatever they like without any consequence.  So be it, your choice, however Polaris is apparently accountable for every little perceived slight, every bit of niggle since we rolled \m/, every failure to give a toss about the thugs and fools who populate the other side of the web.  We then so be that as well, but don't expect us to just roll over and play dead at the first sight of blood. 

Dajobo has made his statement, the war screens will make it clear who and what we intend to do about it and we will do so in our own time and with our own agenda, so the constant minute by minute on the handful of new tech sellers only serves to show you didn't understand what he said in the first place.  If you want updates on how the policy will be applied, tough luck.

As for the assertions that we are on the brink of being rolled again, that may be so, but do you think you might need to actually take another step before that comes to fruition?

Polar has been rolled so many times now that we know the drill, don't expect us to grab our ankles just yet.

I don't understand CN. When we were raided, we were cowards for not hitting their tech sellers. Now that we are, we are still cowards...? How exactly is carrying out an action that is certainly going to end up with us being at war with many alliances cowardly? We've been attacked 4 times by DBDC, and game mechanics prevent us from fighting back. The fight has to be taken somewhere, whether we win or lose - because we aren't going to sit back and get raided by these clowns forever. Sure, they will drop our upper tier nations. We are all well aware of this and have been for months.

From my personal interpretation, we will not be hitting every single individual seller. Will we hit the AA's who sell mass amounts? Yes. I don't even pay attention to anything around here and was able to come to this conclusion on my own using common sense.

Go on and keep supporting those who attack others for nothing - in the meantime we will stand up for ourselves. Your side of the web is already drawn, and arguing here changes nothing.

Getting the following alert repeatedly in a loud Aldaris voice: 

Aldaris_SC1_HeadAnim1.gif: "YOUR PROBES ARE UNDER ATTACK" 

So how long did it take after eQ for something like this to finally happen?  

By "long time" do you mean since the Disorder War?    :(

Anyway, my nation will come out of being a Peaceful one soon  :)

1. Too long.

2. Sorry, predates the Disorder War.  List is a pinned topic in the tech selling area of the Val forums.

Good. It's about time that NpO - DBDC leadership express exactly how they feel about each other in public. This has been boiling for far too long anyway.

Maybe, Prodigal Moon, it's time you pay less attention to world politics, and more attention to your nukes disappearing. Nightmerica has plenty to lose and I am happy to take it.

I remember you from the NONE/League of Free Nations days. (I was in The Guard). I have no idea what this war is about and do not really care, to be honest. It is a shame we find ourselves on opposite sides in this conflict, but very little makes sense in this "Planet Bob" world anymore. 

I will fight hard when needed and expect you to do the same. Best wishes.