Imperial Decree - DBDC

Dajobo

A interesting policy but have you really thought it out Dajobo? Can you really keep the tech sellers selling to DBDC? I honestly don't thinknow you can. I also think you know that you can't keep everyone from selling to DBDC. It's impossible for you to do, you can hit and hit and hit the sellers. But it won't do any good all you are doing is declarking war on their alliance's. I don't think anyone is going to let you bully who they sell tech to.

Edit: on a phone as at worK.

Edited by Alexio15

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... Polaris may be on the other side of me right now. But I've always had respect for them as an alliance (I put up with the last coalition). Dajobo is probably my favorite NpO emperor of all time and I've generally agreed with most of what he has done because I can see why he has done some of it. With that said I'm trying to figure out if I should just think of this as a well thought out response that has all bases covered or was this just done out of emotions and being tired of being raided by DBDC. This going to boil down to how long will you pursue who sells to them, do you war them one round or do you keep hitting them into ZI, and for how long do you pursue the ZI if you do just once or more than once? If you hit everyone who sells to them, what happens if your ally sells to them? Do you drop the treaty and proceed to roll their members or ask them to stop, say you do ask them to stop but they don't, do you roll their members? This can either work or fail miserably, but I personally think this won't change to much. 

Not reading pages I've missed to see if this has already been asked.

[b]DBDC hereby recognizes your recognition of attacks and does you one better. Until a second agreement is reached, DBDC will consider itself at war with every current and future ally of Polaris and might just hit anyone who send tech there too, if it pleases the casualty gods. If you wish to trade the micro tier for all claim to the upper tier for the rest of your existence we gladly accept your challenge and volunteer as tribute for the 1v1 you so desperately seem to think NPO deserves.

Talk about screwy logic. How exactly would we have any claim to the Top 250 if we continued to let you raid us and others without reprisal? I guess we could go the NPO route and become useful subjects in exchange for a thin slice of the pie, while you further consolidate your chokehold on the world. But that's not really living now is it? You've taken this thing so far that appeasement is no longer even tempting. And now with this declaration, only reinforced the idea that we need to bring you down or die trying. Personally, I try not to make enemies with people who have nothing to lose.

Talk about screwy logic. How exactly would we have any claim to the Top 250 if we continued to let you raid us and others without reprisal? I guess we could go the NPO route and become useful subjects in exchange for a thin slice of the pie, while you further consolidate your chokehold on the world. But that's not really living now is it? You've taken this thing so far that appeasement is no longer even tempting. And now with this declaration, only reinforced the idea that we need to bring you down or die trying. Personally, I try not to make enemies with people who have nothing to lose.

for not trying to make enemies with people that have nothing to lose I think your doing a great job with the announcement and the twisting rhetoric posts you have been making in all the threads

We will have to wait and see I guess.

Waiting is overrated.

DBDC declared war on TOP just as much as Polaris just declared war on DT, MK, and DS.   

Edited by Bob

I really don't understand all the fuss about it, since the first days of cyberverse the act of send aid to a nation at war is considered an act of war and an indisputable casus belli, what the OP said was just state the obvious.

It's only those suckling on the alliance in questions teat that are making all the fuss and outrage about this war policy. Edited by the rebel

Enemies don't just magically appear or evaporate and Polaris did itself no favors by sitting on its hands while whistling to a delusional tune.

Enemies don't just magically appear or evaporate and Polaris did itself no favors by sitting on its hands while whistling to a delusional tune.

Maybe I should've said I try not to make my enemies think they have nothing to lose. Ah well. No arguments on the second part.

Waiting is overrated.

DBDC declared war on TOP just as much as Polaris just declared war on DT, MK, and DS.

i.e. Not at all.

The point of this is that Polaris reserves the right to attack, not that they will. And that is why this 'decree' is ultimately meaningless.

It's not even particularly good PR, since every time Polaris doesn't attack someone aiding DBDC they will expose themselves to charges of incompetence, cowardice and just plain being full of it.

For example, where is the war against the Limitless Nexus nation that aided DBDC after this announcement? Has Polaris just not noticed? Are they afraid? Or is this 'decree' merely a steaming pile?

I'm not in polar gov, so I can't presume to know exactly how Dajobo plans to implement this policy like you can. But I can't help but wonder if there could be some cases where we might halt someone from further aiding DBDC without automatically attacking them, and then feel glad we didn't claim we literally will attack every single person who ever aids DBDC. I guess time will tell.

I'll make you a deal Prodigal.  If polar declares war on everyone who aids DBDC and then doesnt agree to stop when Polar does diplomacy with them.... doesn't apologize or whatever... I will do whatever you want.  Go to the OWF making an announcement that you are a genius and I an unworthy worm.  Literally eat my hat on video and post it.  Send you 1,000 tech. Never post on the OWF again (who am I kidding, that would be a plus). Whatever you want.

And if Polar *DOESNT* do that, all I expect in return is for you to admit this was a lame PR stunt and not a stand on actual principle.

I have seen the future and there are corpses piled high on my doorstep, most of them mine.  DBDC are rabid dogs, they are off the leash and no one seems to care.  Since they have attacked us for a third time in circumstances that could hardly be engendered as a raid of any kind, we are at war.  We will accept their surrender at any time or enter into any sensible negotiation, but we are no longer standing idly by whilst every nation who strays into their backyard gets gunned down.

Enough is enough..... unless you are suggesting that DBDC are somehow involved in a strategy related to the Pacifican vs SnX fiasco.  Nah, still doesn't change anything.  We are not going to play by the ''rules'' if DBDC doesn't have to play by any common convention.   So what if we are at war forever and ever and ever, peace is a lie.  I am tired of the whole machinations of Bob, you do whatever it is you want to do, we will do likewise.

Peace is a lie? That's our line!

I'll make you a deal Prodigal.  If polar declares war on everyone who aids DBDC and then doesnt agree to stop when Polar does diplomacy with them.... doesn't apologize or whatever... I will do whatever you want.  Go to the OWF making an announcement that you are a genius and I an unworthy worm.  Literally eat my hat on video and post it.  Send you 1,000 tech. Never post on the OWF again (who am I kidding, that would be a plus). Whatever you want.

And if Polar *DOESNT* do that, all I expect in return is for you to admit this was a lame PR stunt and not a stand on actual principle.

What makes you think we won't do it?

This is some of the most stretched logic you will see ITT and reeks of schattenman rage speech. Not only do I see this as a desperate play, one that will be absolute hell to keep up, but you're essentially cementing the current political state of CN against you (Polaris) over what is by all accounts a well-timed preemptive strike by DBDC.
You are more than welcome to take whatever approach you think is warranted, but don't be surprised if this is your ultimate undoing. I have no doubt that our allies will see this for what it is, a back door approach to a problem you were more than capable of solving along with the rest of our detractors. You're basically doubling down on a losing hand and I commend your bravery. DBDC hereby recognizes your recognition of attacks and does you one better. Until a second agreement is reached, DBDC will consider itself at war with every current and future ally of Polaris and might just hit anyone who send tech there too, if it pleases the casualty gods. If you wish to trade the micro tier for all claim to the upper tier for the rest of your existence we gladly accept your challenge and volunteer as tribute for the 1v1 you so desperately seem to think NPO deserves.
We have been prepared for your decree of ineptitude and let me be the first to welcome you to big boy warfare. Godspeed Polaris, you will need it.

Xerxes_300.jpg

The God King has revealed a fatal flaw: Hubris.

What makes you think we won't do it?

Because it would be politically idiotic and there are very few alliances in this game that will take a purely principled stand and ignore political reality.  Polar doesnt seem like one.  And thats not an insult, 90% of the alliances on Bob arent.  Polar is a 'smart' alliance.   But they aren't the sort to shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly on principle.  And they DO have a habit of making up BS to try and appear more honorable.

Again the "may choose to" was the key clause that gave it away.   You didn't say 'those alliances who don't cease aiding or apologize will be at war with Polar.'  You said 'we MAY go to war.'   Whats going to determine that may?  Answer: How politically connected the alliance in question is, and how it fits in with Polars war plans.  If it was really that you felt aiding DBDC was wrong you had to right no matter the cost, you would simply systematically hit everyone who did it.

If someone aids DBDC and there would be political complications to it, I don't see polar doing jack.  If someone you WANT to roll that helps you strategically in this war does it?  Then sure a convenient 'cb' to avoid chaining via treaties or boost up morale when you hit.

And certainly even if DBDC raids you once this global war is settled, I doubt you will do squat cause you wouldnt want to be drawn into a potentially losing war.  Post war DBDC raids a polar member and IRON sends DBDC an aid package you expect me to believe Polar will DoW on IRON?  If so, I have a bridge to sell you.  And even if this is only meant to cover *during* the war the point still stands.

Do you really expect me to believe that if an AA that might sit this war out is aiding DBDC... or an AA with ties to your side of the web (where you might piss off someone on your 'side' if you hit them), or just well connected.... that you are going to DOW them?  Don't be ridiculous.  In other words this is a purely political move in the clothing of a principled stand.   I could name literally a dozen alliances that could aid DBDC to their hearts content and Polar wouldnt touch them. 

And if you WONT do that, then it isnt a principled stand.  Its a political calculation to drum up PR/morale on your side, and perhaps to make chaining a tad easier in the war.

Which is fine.  I'm not implying that Polar shouldn't be political or focusing on making smart plays.... that is... well... smart.   But don't hand me a real-politic move and call it a principled stand.  I'll roll my eyes.   If you want a way to skip treaty chaining if needed, or to drum up morale.  Awesome.  But to expect a savy player to take this serious is ridiculous.  Because no way Polar wants to be at war with every alliance that is going to ignore this and send DBDC aid.

Edited by OsRavan

A view from both sides:

People who like NpO are praising them for this war tactic and standing up to DBDC. #courage

People who like DBDC are thinking that NpO watched their friends burn when they needed help. #cowards

interesting

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

It is a principled stand to attack practical terrorist targets, please stop with your blathering OSravan.

It's principled to attack practical terrorist targets, and ignore the ones that are inconvenient for you? Huh.

A view from both sides:

People who like NPO are praising them for this war tactic and standing up to DBDC. #courage

People who like DBDC are thinking that NPO watched their friends burn when they needed help. #cowards

interesting

Please at least mind your p's. NPO != NpO. C'mon now.