Imperial Decree - DBDC

Dajobo

"This one alliance is so powerful they can beat us all up really easily, obvs the game is broken I mean come on guys"

I don't understand why you're having trouble understanding why in a game of ~10k having 20 people control everything in a range greater than 170k NS might be an issue.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why if we all recognize the game is broken why we all have to pretend it's not.

That imo makes the forums inhospitable to the intelligent.

Tbh, a game mechanic that any alliance could use (even MI6) does not make the game broken, I mean, this is a nation simulator, and there will always be those huge nations at the top no matter what you do.

And also, none of the 100k> NS nations really have to listen to DBDC. I mean, DBDC 'controls' about 1000 nations in the world; I would hardly call that world domination.

Edited by Saxplayer

I don't understand why you're having trouble understanding why in a game of ~10k having 20 people control everything in a range greater than 170k NS might be an issue.

Oh I understand what your problem is. I just disagree with the very clear method you're trying to go about changing it. I mean whining for the god to come save you all? Yeah, keep it up, maybe he'll listen one day.

Or, alternatively, he'll realise the only motivations behind any suggestions you make are political, can be solved via other means and won't actually improve the world as we know it in any meaningful way.

If Polar's side thought there was a problem for so long, maybe they should have actually come up with a real strategy to handle it before 11:59 on the day before they get hit by a large coalition. Over the past few months they have been systematically outplayed at every turn by their opponents, finding themselves more and more isolated in an FA community that is holding onto grudges and ill-feelings from the past two wars. 

As has been said before, this is a last ditch effort to double down on a losing hand. 

If Polar's side thought there was a problem for so long, maybe they should have actually come up with a real strategy to handle it before 11:59 on the day before they get hit by a large coalition. Over the past few months they have been systematically outplayed at every turn by their opponents, finding themselves more and more isolated in an FA community that is holding onto grudges and ill-feelings from the past two wars. 

As has been said before, this is a last ditch effort to double down on a losing hand.

Yeah people were saying we would be rolled last night, keep that propaganda flowing. Or you can just attack.

Oh I understand what your problem is. I just disagree with the very clear method you're trying to go about changing it. I mean whining for the god to come save you all? Yeah, keep it up, maybe he'll listen one day.

Hopefully, otherwise I don't know why we're all here.

I would refer that question to Polar's Ministry of Peace which stands constantly alert against the threats presented by barbarians and the chaotic forces hell bent on destroying the civilized world.

What about your own threats against DBDC's tech suppliers? When will you fulfill those threats?

http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_aid.asp?ID=10449

But hitting single nations without a valid declaration of war on their alliance is a violation of alliance sovereignty, only something the very worst of barbarians would entertain! This is making a complete farce of True Francoist Principles!

If a target comes up hell yeah I want to be the first one in!

Found you one:

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=541754

He's in range and aiding DBDC, after all.

Have fun putting your pixels where your mouth is. Lemme know how it works out for you. Edited by Axel3200

20 people don't "control" the other 230. They are just able to engage in a few calculated wars with a minority within that group because the majority has little incentive or reason to intervene.

So let us just look at this tactic from a practical stand point. Polar attacks nations sending tech to DBDC after the tech has been sent of course. Then the Polar nations doing the attacking are triple teamed by members of that alliance its allies, allies of allies etc. How is that going to stop tech trading with DBDC? Polar nations in anarchy can not attack again, tech continues to flow. If DBDC were isolated and without allies and alliances were willing to make very long term commitments then this might have some effect down the road. As a tactic now, it is silly.   
Edited by The Big Bad

I'll make you a deal Prodigal.  If polar declares war on everyone who aids DBDC and then doesnt agree to stop when Polar does diplomacy with them.... doesn't apologize or whatever... I will do whatever you want.  Go to the OWF making an announcement that you are a genius and I an unworthy worm.  Literally eat my hat on video and post it.  Send you 1,000 tech. Never post on the OWF again (who am I kidding, that would be a plus). Whatever you want.

And if Polar *DOESNT* do that, all I expect in return is for you to admit this was a lame PR stunt and not a stand on actual principle.

Like I said, I think Dajobo is a bit smarter than to automatically declare war on every nation the instant they send aid to DBDC without starting with diplomacy and escalating as necessary. But in general, yes, I fully agree: if this turns out to be a hollow statement and not an actual policy of going after DBDC tech sellers - using a range of approaches up to and including war until we get our desired result - I'll be the first to admit it. Likewise, if we follow through with this plan, I'll be happy to simply bring your predictions up again and let them speak for themselves.

Do us a favor and make it something everyone doesn't already know about you.  Like, Prodigal is a genius and you wear your grandmother's panties.

Implying that my genius isn't also well known already :psyduck:

Maybe, Prodigal Moon, it's time you pay less attention to world politics, and more attention to your nukes disappearing. Nightmerica has plenty to lose and I am happy to take it.

You mean like the one I lost yesterday right before the huge explosion in Lander Clan? Good point, where did that thing run off to? :awesome:

But seriously, living at the mercy of others - who happen to be pretty damn ruthless in this case - isn't much to cling to. Rather die on my feet than live on my knees and all that.

But hitting single nations without a valid declaration of war on their alliance is a violation of alliance sovereignty, only something the very worst of barbarians would entertain! This is making a complete farce of True Francoist Principles!

Sarcasm aside, you can execute this if you are prepared to face the consequences.  DBDC is built without a tail end, so there is nothing to grab and drag down.  There is no other alliance constructed the way DBDC are and I doubt very strongly other AA's can try to imitate that and live to tell about it.

So let us just look at this tactic from a practical stand point. Polar attacks nations sending tech to DBDC after the tech has been sent of course. Then the Polar nations doing the attacking are triple teamed by members of that alliance its allies, allies of allies etc. How is that going to stop tech trading with DBDC? Polar nations in anarchy can not attack again, tech continues to flow. If DBDC were isolated and without allies and alliances were willing to make very long term commitments then this might have some effect down the road. As a tactic now, it is silly.   

If the point was to get some so-so PR from people already well-disposed toward Polaris, then it's been slightly successful, but not terribly so.

If the point was to frighten anyone, it's definitely not working. (I note that the nations that have supplied tech to DBDC since this announcement remain untouched.)

If the point was to provide a means to keep the NpO in a perpetual state of war even after the current conflict has concluded, then it's mission accomplished. (The logic goes something like this: If one of my alliance's members is doing something we consider licit but that you consider to be an act of war, the sensible thing is to attack you pre-emptively before you attack our member.)

The Emperor of the New Polar Order has constructed a paper tiger of a policy that only the most committed fanboys can possibly worship. When this policy is publicly repudiated -- and it will either be repudiated or applied so selectively as to be meaningless -- I assume that will be followed by the resignation of the idiot who announced it in the first place.