Tuesday Tidbits on a Saturday

autosave36

Guess wars are started cause of one guy let's forget diplomacy. Good job guys

None of the people who made this decision were in any condition for diplomacy. Or war coordination, or even the most basic level of rational decision-making. That only one member of our government urinated on themselves on the way to this announcement more than merits the "good job guys", so I will heartily accept it. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the people who made this decision were in any condition for diplomacy. Or war coordination, or even the most basic level of rational decision-making. That only one member of our government urinated on themselves on the way to this announcement more than merits the "good job guys", so I will heartily accept it. 

Who didn't urinate on themselves? If that is true I demand we all return to the sacred government chambers until we all get this right. 

So an alliance with an ODP had 1 member who went crazy is more threat to there allies than the 6 other alliances that HAVE declared on there allied if they are worried about NPO maybe pick one of 6 that just declare on them.

Or, you know. Your alliances could learn to control their members.

I'm pretty ginned up myself, but can still fix this for you:

Or because one of theirs hit our ally. If it really was an honest mistake when they were countered someone would have tried to solve the issue right there instead of responding with more declares. Everyone wants a good CB, I suppose standing with your allies doesn't count as one these days.

Or because one of theirs hit our ally. Everyone wants a good CB, I suppose standing with your allies doesn't count as one these days.

Quite the contrary -- defending you allies when they get hit is a tremendous, honorable and worthy CB.

If it really was an honest mistake when they were countered someone would have tried to solve the issue right there instead of responding with more declares.

Well, actually if you check the war screen, TSC has exactly one offensive war against NPO -- the original one that triggered the Umbrella (and Sengoku) counter.  There are two other offensive wars, but those are against Umbrella (which is understandable).  So really, TSC has not responded with more declares, which leans toward the honest mistake as you indicate.

Not really sure one rogue nation can be considered a "hit" on ally worthy of two counters -- I've never seen it before, anyway. I don't see us in a couple years talking about "that time TSC hit NPO."  Seems more like a pre-empt against an ODP partner.  Not saying it wasn't a good tactical move, especially in light of the fact that TSC was considering getting involved.  However, to sell this as a defense of NPO seems a bit of a stretch, that's all.

Guess wars are started cause of one guy let's forget diplomacy. Good job guys

Agreed.  Shame that http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=485586 couldn't have tried to talk to NPO about his differences with them.  With any luck, it could have become a treaty.  Instead, he up and attacked.

I form my opinions based on what side of this war I think I'll be fighting in so good luck to the alliance on whatever "side i'm fighting on" and to the alliance on the "side i'm opposing": i want you to know that you're not only is your declaration invalid but that you are have a horrible CB/foresight/diplomatic skills/insert CN insult of choice. 

I form my opinions based on what side of this war I think I'll be fighting in so good luck to the alliance on whatever "side i'm fighting on" and to the alliance on the "side i'm opposing": i want you to know that you're not only is your declaration invalid but that you are have a horrible CB/foresight/diplomatic skills/insert CN insult of choice. 

Well, thank God no one here is saying that.  That would be as dumb as someone saying "I post my DoW's publically with a CB because I want people to know why I am fighting but people need to accept my reason without evidence or question because anyone who opposes me is invalid."  What kind of world would that be?  We wouldn't need to post a DoW at all, just something like this and be done with it:

StopTSC_zps9f127023.png

No sir, the OWF is made for civil discourse.  To that end:

A nation that has been on that AA for as long as the AA has existed hardly fits the profile of a "rogue". Dude's listed as a founder on their wiki.

That is a fair point, and one I had not considered.  

That said, as the nugget of truth that convinces me this is not ultimately a pre-empt, it doesn't quite pass muster.  However, it is what it is -- hope both parties enjoy the war.

Dammit, caught us. Last week and a half has all been an elaborate set up to get Sandstorm to declare a single war on NPO so we could preempt them.

Well I'd be an idiot to defend THAT position.  But I think Sengoku recognized an opportunity when it came and knocked on your door.