He who hides instead of fights lives to hide another day, right?

Charles you have a winning strategy yourself. Sell everything and declare on a bunch of brand new nations without a single wonder, then buy up. throw around some nukes and laugh. OOps, you go to high and someone that can fight your wonders hits you so you turtle and cry. and sell down and hide for a while. Then declare on guys that are under a month old when you can. etc.

Now I have a novel Idea. Granted I'm fighting two of MI6s good nations right now (along with someone who is probably unconscious) but how about you buy up and fight me.

This is me calling you out. Come fight me Charles. I'll even promise not to nuke for 24 hours :)

To the rest of MI6, I like you guys

He downdeclares its a problem. You do it, its ok? We had a war where downdeclared, you kicked the shit out of me. But I didnt complain (at least not to you). Downdeclares happen.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles you have a winning strategy yourself. Sell everything and declare on a bunch of brand new nations without a single wonder, then buy up. throw around some nukes and laugh. OOps, you go to high and someone that can fight your wonders hits you so you turtle and cry. and sell down and hide for a while. Then declare on guys that are under a month old when you can. etc.

Now I have a novel Idea. Granted I'm fighting two of MI6s good nations right now (along with someone who is probably unconscious) but how about you buy up and fight me.

This is me calling you out. Come fight me Charles. I'll even promise not to nuke for 24 hours :)

You can't knock the strategy when a ton of VE members are doing it. It makes sense, that's the whole point. Ask your MOD, he seems to be doing pretty well for himself. We have no problem with it, neither should you.

He who hides instead of fights lives to hide another day, right?Charles you have a winning strategy yourself. Sell everything and declare on a bunch of brand new nations without a single wonder, then buy up. throw around some nukes and laugh. OOps, you go to high and someone that can fight your wonders hits you so you turtle and cry. and sell down and hide for a while. Then declare on guys that are under a month old when you can. etc.Now I have a novel Idea. Granted I'm fighting two of MI6s good nations right now (along with someone who is probably unconscious) but how about you buy up and fight me.This is me calling you out. Come fight me Charles. I'll even promise not to nuke for 24 hours :)To the rest of MI6, I like you guys

When you consolidate the entire upper tier into the hands of a despot, you can expect to see once high nations taking refuge in the lower tier. The use of guerrilla warfare is nothing new, and it's not something that will go away either.

MarchesBeaters.jpg Edited by Tywin Lannister

You just called out someone that started this war with a quarter of your current NS. Achievement unlocked?

*disclaimer* Due to the use of profanity I cannot post this as a image, instead only warn parents to use caution before allowing children to open this link. Open at your own risk.

Thank you, and have a nice day :)

https://jaysolomon.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/regret.jpg

Let's be honest, downdeclares are one of the very few tactics which grant an advantage to the declaring nation: war is war, not a joust or a duel between knights in shining armor.

Most people fight to make their alliance win, not for some self-serving "honor" to be found on the battlefield: the hands of those who brought you in the mud are seldom clear of machination and scheming, be them on the losing or winning side. I never understood the "fair fight" concept so many like to trumpet around during wartime.

Let's be honest, downdeclares are one of the very few tactics which grant an advantage to the declaring nation: war is war, not a joust or a duel between knights in shining armor.

Most people fight to make their alliance win, not for some self-serving "honor" to be found on the battlefield: the hands of those who brought you in the mud are seldom clear of machination and scheming, be them on the losing or winning side. I never understood the "fair fight" concept so many like to trumpet around during wartime.

Gotta say I agree on this one.  If a war is "fair," then it's probably a good indication your pre-war planning sucked.

Except I have no nukes.

If you are referring to the war I had with baltus, I am sure he can confirm along with my own alliance mates that I was AFK for most of that round, was barely able to sneak a peak at our forums and wasn't on IRC at all due to various business matters I had going in RL.

Actually, never mind all that. Look at my current war slots and realise how foolish you have made yourself look. Matter of fact, I have one more defensive slot open right now, come pay a visit champ ;)

OOps, you go to high and someone that can fight your wonders hits you so you turtle and cry. and sell down and hide for a while

Additionally this never happened, baltus sold infra to down declare and attack me when I was busy working for a week on an important matter. I didn't sell any infra. Credit where credit is due, baltus nuked my infra and took a good 50m off my warchest. I came back to around 60 ingame messages and about 1.5k infra that baltus had nuked ( I think joe helped too?). I didn't complain, I didn't baw, I just got on with it when I came back because it's war, there is always a bigger fish at the end of the day just around the corner and it was my turn to take the beating.

At the end of the day though, war is war, it's just how it is. As I am sure you know, I have offered to at least 2 of your lower tier members allowing them peace immediately and that no one from MI6 will attack them as long as they don't enter the war after accepting peace. They can remain on the VE AA, don't have to surrender or anything. It's just war champ and nothing personal. I have actually gained a large amount of respect for VE's lower tier members who have constantly fought back, heck, a couple of them and myself (el commander) had a regular avenue of communication going on where I even gave them hints on how to combat nations like mine.

So yeah, good job on acting tough. Hopefully everyone else in VE isn't so "serious" though. :P

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Except I have no nukes.

If you are referring to the war I had with baltus, I am sure he can confirm along with my own alliance mates that I was AFK for most of that round, was barely able to sneak a peak at our forums and wasn't on IRC at all due to various business matters I had going in RL.

Actually, never mind all that. Look at my current war slots and realise how foolish you have made yourself look. Matter of fact, I have one more defensive slot open right now, come pay a visit champ ;)

Additionally this never happened, baltus sold infra to down declare and attack me when I was busy working for a week on an important matter. I didn't sell any infra. Credit where credit is due, baltus nuked my infra and took a good 50m off my warchest. I didn't complain, I didn't baw, I just got on with it when I came back because it's war, there is always a bigger fish at the end of the day just around the corner and it was my turn to take the beating.

At the end of the day though, war is war, it's just how it is. As I am sure you know, I have offered to at least 2 of your lower tier members allowing them peace immediately and that no one from MI6 will attack them as long as they don't enter the war after accepting peace. They can remain on the VE AA, don't have to surrender or anything. It's just war champ and nothing personal. I have actually gained a large amount of respect for VE's lower tier members who have constantly fought back, heck, a couple of them and myself (el commander) had a regular avenue of communication going on where I even gave them hints on how to combat nations like mine.

So yeah, good job on acting tough. Hopefully everyone else in VE isn't so "serious" though. :P

And I was so looking forward to our dance. Don't stand me up next time.  :P

And I was so looking forward to our dance. Don't stand me up next time.  :P

I actually looked at your nation when I was considering on who to attack next but I figured I should go help my allies who were being attacked by IRON. Saying that, I'm keen to book a tango session with you before this war ends :p Edited by Charles the Tyrant

That TOP screenie inexplicably repeats the top 10 nations. TOP hippy inflation?

Gotta say I agree on this one.  If a war is "fair," then it's probably a good indication your pre-war planning sucked.

Fair wars are so desired because the ones desiring them aren't planning on fighting in them, and wars with uncertain outcomes are by far the most fun to watch from the sidelines.

That TOP screenie inexplicably repeats the top 10 nations. TOP hippy inflation?

Fair wars are so desired because the ones desiring them aren't planning on fighting in them, and wars with uncertain outcomes are by far the most fun to watch from the sidelines.

The current TOP lineup has the first 39 in PM, then Vlad.

I must have misspoke.  I have no problem with down declares, it's the thing to do.  I have no problem with selling infra to get down to where the targets are.  In the top tier you can find yourself with no targets.  I don't even have any real problem with MI6 staying snuggly warm in PM.  I do have a problem with an experienced nation with wonders selling all of their infra and other assets to attack a nation that is less than a month old.  All I'm saying to him is:

Come at me bro 

Oh, yeah to the guy that said I hit him hard in war:  I seem to remember you doing a few hard hits yourself -- was a good war

Edited by WolfW

I must have misspoke.  I have no problem with down declares, it's the thing to do.  I have no problem with selling infra to get down to where the targets are.  In the top tier you can find yourself with no targets.  I don't even have any real problem with MI6 staying snuggly warm in PM.  I do have a problem with an experienced nation with wonders selling all of their infra and other assets to attack a nation that is less than a month old.  All I'm saying to him is:

Come at me bro 

Oh, yeah to the guy that said I hit him hard in war:  I seem to remember you doing a few hard hits yourself -- was a good war

So what you are saying is that it is okay to sell infra/assets to hit targets but it is not okay to sell infra/assets to hit targets... SRD sold off a lot of his infra to hit targets way underteched by him and that is okay but it is not okay for CS to sell some infra to hit targets outmatched by himself? hahahahahahahahaha

Hey keep me out of your squabbles.

also nice warchest Doch!

Side note: I like to war, and the only way I could continue to do so is to drop all my NS, since there is no one in TOP or MI6 in my range that I can hit.  Personally, I would rather not have to sell everything in my nation to declare wars either, but you guys don't leave me much choice.   Also I didn't sell some of my infra, I actually sold all of it, and my land, and my tanks, planes, all of my navy less my subs, and about 20 nukes, i have also been aiding people tech as well.  Its tough to keep up with you guys.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

Come at me bro 

Hey champ,

It looks like you have taken my actions a bit to heart so I am going to try explain a few things so you can feel better about it :)

The only thing I sold was infra, my nation before this war was selling tech and I think I sold my infra off back when invicta was first hit and we were ordered to peacemode. My chest was looking rather crappy since I had foolishly performed a complete rebuild after the kaskus war and sitting in PM for week after week losing 500k a day wasn't doing any favours for it. Coupled with the realisation that my nation had no nukes or tech and was going to end in the sub bottom tier anyway, I decided to sell most of my infra off and get to the tier I would be fighting at right away instead of waiting for round 2 or 3. That's the thing you aren't getting, my nation as a seller would have been down here in the sub lower tier fighting the same targets eventually anyway.

It is a bit harsh on totally new nations, I totally agree, and that's why I've offered repeatedly to a few VE nations stating that if they want out of the war all they have to do is send peace through and agree to not enter the war again. They wouldn't have to surrender or change to a PoW AA, they can just spend the rest of the war growing in peace since no other MI6 nations will attack them. If you really care about these lower tier nations you will take me up on my offer and I will be on IRC later if you want to discuss it. If you would rather have them continue fighting then sadly you are going to have to deal with nations like mine. It's war champ, it's just how it is.

Hey keep me out of your squabbles.

also nice warchest Doch!

Side note: I like to war, and the only way I could continue to do so is to drop all my NS, since there is no one in TOP or MI6 in my range that I can hit.  Personally, I would rather not have to sell everything in my nation to declare wars either, but you guys don't leave me much choice.   Also I didn't sell some of my infra, I actually sold all of it, and my land, and my tanks, planes, all of my navy less my subs, and about 20 nukes, i have also been aiding people tech as well.  Its tough to keep up with you guys.

Thanks brah! Nice of VE and IRON to keep me staggered :P 

Also, I only mentioned you because WolfW apparently does not know how war works or has a rather blatant hypocritical viewpoint. What you did was legit in my opinion and I take no issue with it at all. 

I agree with Wolf, but believe it or not I also agree with Charles.   To attack brand new nations with an older developed nation is a bitch move, and I do think there is a difference between down declaring and bullying nations that are brand new. 

That being said, I also agree that this is war, and the goal is to win, So as long as you are within the rules, its all fair game.   For example, I have no issues making sure we zero out your warchest, its nothing against you or anyone else in MI6, but I want to make sure that not only are you neutralized in this war, I want to make sure you are neutralized in the next one too.  Which is why for a lot of your former mid upper tier with crappy warchests, (I was actually surprised at how many you guys had, and that you let them fight. I guessing the Kaskus war is to thank for that), I have been yelling at my guys to make sure they are doing everything they can to destroy your warchests. 

Are you guys kidding me? Do you know why I down declared? I had to down declare to get ACCESS to this war! To be able to even participate! Perhaps if just about everyone in the upper enemy coalition weren't hiding under a rock this wouldn't be such a problem!

Also, WHERE'S THA COMIX?!

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I prefer to updeclare myself.  In the end, I find that it is more fun.  Down declaring tends to bore me; they always turtle.

Sure, you might PREFER to.  But would you rather downdeclare, or sit by your nukes polishing your rocket?