Let Them Eat Cake! - Celtic/French Summit (Private RP)

Xavier Harkonnen

Message from the State Department of the Celtiberian Confederation to the French Government

Greetings and Warmest Regards to the Head(s) of State within the nation of France,

With the rise of two of the larger nation within Europe, being France itself as well as the Celtiberian Confederation, I propose a meeting to take place as soon as possible in Numantia, the Celtic capital city. This meeting will cover the prospects of normalizing our borders, establishing good relations, trade and other political, cultural and economic exchanges. Please send an emissary to us as soon as you feel appropriate, with 24 hours notice and we will be waiting to receive you. Again, kindest regards, and warm welcomes to Europe.

Regards,

Secretary of State Motti

France welcomes the invite and wishes the best of luck on the meeting, one of the highest officials in France will attend, the Prime Minister. Consider the twenty-four hour notice to start immediately.

~L'Imperatrice, Jeanne de LaQueu

The Prime Minister wasn't quite a young man anymore, but his sense of style hadn't decreased in the slightest. He still wore his iconic Aviator Sunglasses wherever he went, and though his hair was greying it hadn't left his head, and he still wore it proudly parted, at medium long length. He'd affected a beard in the last few years, though he kept it short-cropped and it too was developing a healthy salt-and-pepper look.

He still fit in the black business suit he'd worn years before, and had kept it in mint condition, though it showed signs of careful use, not deminishing its look in the slightest.

He stepped off the plane with an e-cig held in his teeth, having kicked the real-deal a couple years back for health reasons but not being willing to give up the feel and look of it. He quickly sought out his counterpart among the Celts.

Acknowledging the man coming up to greet Him, Chieftain Galitorvix, fresh from His election as leader of the Confederation, proffered His hand in greeting to the Frenchman.

"Welcome to Numantia, Mr. PRime Minister. I am Galitorvix, Chieftai nand leader of the Celtiberian Confederation." He said, glancing upward at the somewhat overcast sky. They had a line of armored and reinforced limos waiting to take them to the Palace of The Gauls, where the meeting would take place. Ushering Him to the middle of the three vehicles, He invited the PM to join Him.

"Please, join me. We can discuss the overall agenda of the meeting on the way to the Palace where it can begin in earnest." He said, leading the way.

As they both got into the car, and the trio of vehicles trundled their way onto the streets of Numantia towards the palace, Galitorvix smiled and engaged the Prime Minister in some small talk.

"The Celtic Confederation is eager to open up formal relations with France, and one of the two items I had hoped to discuss was an establishment of a normalized, non-militarized border. Where does France stand?"

"Hmmm, that might be difficult." he replied, leaning back in his seat and considering the possibility, "The French border on the Pyrenees has always been heavily fortified, we've got several permanent military bases that would quite decrease our military readiness if we were to suddenly reduce them."

"I'm not saying it can't be done, but it would take a good amount of time to dislodge the corps stationed in the area, as well as the airforce bases nearby."

Nodding as the limos continued along the road, He replied.

" I don't think the airbases or garrisons would need to be moved. I am talking more along the lines of less entrenched fortifications and normalized access for our citizens to cross freely and conduct trade without passing through military checkpoints and the like. At the palace, I would also like to discuss the second part of that, the possibility of opening a joint free trade zone for our companies to do business inside Celtiberia, with limited interference from both our governments. "

Edited by Xavier Harkonnen

The PM nodded, "Ah, I understand, yes, relics of a less trusting time. We can certainly find something else for those soldiers to do." he smiles as a thought hits him, "Take down the fortifications for example! Yes, we can certainly do that. Trade zones, however, take a little more hashing out of details."

As the trio of cars finally made their way to the palace, the entourage of Galitorvix, and the French delegation walked inside the palace gates and down a series of modest halls. The walls of each hallway were lined with fine tapestries, pictures depicting celtic landscapes and events in the Celtic history as well as portraits of past Cheitains. The group rounded a corner and entered an expansive room with a large banquet table set with various places for the staff of each nation's dignitary to sit and partake. On the table were baskets of fruits, grains and sweets. A menu provided an option of an elaborate chicken dinner, or one of beef steak with a side of vegetables for either dish.

After ordering the steak meal, and waiting for the Frenchman to order his, Galitorvix spoke.

"Perhaps a trade zone would be difficult indeed. What then, would your government say about a free trade agreement in which competition between french and celtic goods would be reduced and the furthering of amicable trade between citizens is encouraged? This is, of course, under the condition that the border forces we discussed earlier would affect the changes you seemed amiable to...?"