CNRP Ascending GM Thread

Captain Enema

What are the GM's opinions on seizing enemy equipment as part of surrender terms, and then using that equipment to supplement your own equipment? Would this still have to be applied within the maximum you can have, or would this be allowed as a way to go above the maximum?

Edited by Lysergide

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

*dons his GM hat*

It seems that a bit of elaboration needs doing and as such the GM team have described the 30 day rule as follows: A player can declare a protectorate or annex 30 days after their first IC post (Be it simply a DoE or an IC post). So on the 31st day of RP'ing, a player can start annexing or declaring protectorates.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Since we are allowed minor customization, would I be allowed to make the following changes to the Kirov class cruiser?

Switch out P-700s with the P-800 oniks.

Replace the S-300s with the S-400.

Replace current. Close in weapons systems with the Pantsir system.

Size wise, are the missiles going in bigger or smaller than the missiles they are replacing? The close in system, same thing. 

My thoughts..

If the size of the weapons are the same or smaller, I see no problem if they have a history of being deployed at sea without technical issues. You may also want to upgrade the computer systems as well, those clunky 70s computers probably don't have the horsepower to compete in a modern warfighting system. I'm not asking for a full on study to see how feasible it is fitting all this new junk onto a Kirov size hull, but you should be able to demonstrate how it is possible size wise. 

Not even going to thinking about power consumption requirements.

Wikipedia rule is in effect as well. 

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

P-700(The one I'm getting rid of): Length is 10 meters, diameter is 0.85 meters.

P-800(The one I'm putting in): Length is 8.9 meters, diameter is 0.7 meters

S-300(The one I'm taking out): Length is 7.5 meters, diameter is 500mm

S-400(The one I'm putting in): Length is 5.8 meters, diameter is 410mm

I should note that there currently are no navalized S-400s in service, but they are being put on the Kirov class cruiser Admiral Nakhimov

Other than these things, there would just be some general modernization to fire control and all of that.

Edited by Mr Director

Additionally, since I was whined at about it, the Klub-K missile family was designed with the intent to be able to use a standard 40 foot shipping container as a launch platform, in fact the "Dear 3rd world governments please buy our Russian Missiles!" video, which if you cannot access youtube tbm, I can provide traditional text news reports regarding this particular unique feature. I wish to mount them onto container ships, and send them on pretend shipping journeys while following traditional shipping lanes, but the question is since they are a civilian vessel, what does this fall under regarding our naval rules?

*dons GM Hat*

With regards to the ARES satellite network manned by Maelstrom, the GM's have agreed to the following:

For Maelstrom to use his satellite network, he shall have to ask for a standard spy roll with an additional penalty of 1-50% to represent earth and space weather interference, this said weather shall be included in the spy roll request by Maelstrom.

That is all.