Whether it was top 250 specifically or not, Chauncey, MrGross and Taget at least sold off large quantities of infra to get into a lower ns range earlier on. 

Edited by Monster

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it was top 250 specifically or not, Chauncey, MrGross and Taget at least sold off large quantities of infra to get into a lower ns range earlier on. 

whatever, they are trying to win, and it gives them a better chance to do so.  But its not like I didn't also sell 17k infra to follow them right back down.  Just ask the 4 MI6 members I tore to shreds last round.

whatever, they are trying to win, and it gives them a better chance to do so.  But its not like I didn't also sell 17k infra to follow them right back down.  Just ask the 4 MI6 members I tore to shreds last round.

Oh I don't think it's not a perfectly valid strategy. Just seems weird to emphasize not selling the last 1k infra as *honorable* in some way.

Yeah, and your 90k guys hitting our 40k guys. :P All in good fun, and I know we're having plenty of it.

Edited by Gibsonator21

Say it isn't so Roquentin.

I dont know about MI6, but Hellas of Sparta is definitely doing it. He is in a rush to sell off infra at update right after buying nukes. We have been trying to get air strikes at him while he is selling infra... :v:

Instead of buying up infra so he can help the TOP guy who is putting up a good fight or his Spartan mate who is also not turtling but is pretty incompetent, Hellas is too busy trying to have a slightly good damage ratio. Misplaced priorities? I would say so.

It's not as if he's going to win ground battles with that 1k infra when I'm sure you guys all have multiple thousands. Unless he has enough nukes to hit you guys daily. Which, I'm sure he doesn't given how well SDI's seem to damn work. (Except mine)

Besides at his former NS range, the cost to buy/sell that 1k infra won't really be felt ever given what his WC should be.

Didn't a bunch of MI6's upper tier guys sell a bunch of infra to drop out of the top 250 ranks? Seems weird to make a distinction between the last 1k and 14k down to 8k.

I don't even see the problem with this. They are losing pixels which is the intended goal of war. From their side, it also makes sense given how you can down declare what, 600k NS in the top 250? I'd sell my infra too. Discussing whether this is a valid strategy when the mechanics there are broken is a waste of time.

Oh I don't think it's not a perfectly valid strategy. Just seems weird to emphasize not selling the last 1k infra as *honorable* in some way.

Starfox: he already answered it.

Say it isn't so Roquentin.

Say what isn't so? It's just an example of how people are adapting to try to change damage ratios due to their increased prominence like someone said earlier in the topic.

Edited by Monster

Say what isn't so? It's just an example of how people are adapting to try to change damage ratios due to their increased prominence like someone said earlier in the topic.

If you think people are selling off infra in the upper tier for damage ratios rather than avoiding facing nations with 20-35k tech on them and the ensuing tech lost due to EMP nukes, well that's just pretty hilarious.

Edited by IYIyTh

If you think people are selling off infra in the upper tier for damage ratios rather than avoiding facing nations with 20-35k tech on them and the ensuing tech lost due to EMP nukes, well that's just pretty hilarious.

So, they're still doing it to take less damage, which shows up in the damage ratio stats that your alliance likes to tout. Don't see how this helps you at all here. If you just want to contest points for its own sake, that's great, though.

Fighting wars is more fun than not fighting wars, which is what would have happened if I didn't, and don't we all have multi-billion dollar warchests?  Thanks to 10 months of no wars I know I did, and why have a warchest if you arent going to spend it all during a war?

Just think, after this war, you'll never have to fight again!

Fighting wars is more fun than not fighting wars, which is what would have happened if I didn't, and don't we all have multi-billion dollar warchests?  Thanks to 10 months of no wars I know I did, and why have a warchest if you arent going to spend it all during a war?

Some people don't.  And to prove it, I will post a comic:

pFgn0LM.png

So, they're still doing it to take less damage, which shows up in the damage ratio stats that your alliance likes to tout. Don't see how this helps you at all here. If you just want to contest points for its own sake, that's great, though.

This is completely true. However Myth is pointing out that we aren't doing it solely to point at our ratio and thump our chests, it's because it's that much less tech that gets nuked away by the monster nations we knew would be coming for our top guys.

This is completely true. However Myth is pointing out that we aren't doing it solely to point at our ratio and thump our chests, it's because it's that much less tech that gets nuked away by the monster nations we knew would be coming for our top guys.

Right, that's called "avoiding damage". A perfectly legitimate technique and a perfectly valid strategy, although it apparently becomes dishonorable at levels lower than 1k infra.

Right, that's called "avoiding damage". A perfectly legitimate technique and a perfectly valid strategy, although it apparently becomes dishonorable at levels lower than 1k infra.

They accomplish two very different things, with the latter being one that isn't actually an efficient strategy, like the former ie where infra isn't valuable, and tech is.

That said apparently the only two people who care enough to try to reclassify why we're doing well this war are Roq and US.

It's funny because they have emphasized the importance of damage stats that are subject to activity, tier strength and game mechanic limitations and inevitable defender's advantage (even when you have even moderate activity levels.) Allegedly because we're doing well suddenly we have cast voodoo magic and have spent billions that could be spent on recovery worrying about one or two thousand damage points when we've done and taken over what now, 2.5 Million?

It's just kind of like "when is it enough?"

Luckily those we're actually engaged with are (as they should be,) more concerned with fighting.

Edited by IYIyTh

They accomplish two very different things, with the latter being one that isn't actually an efficient strategy, like the former ie where infra isn't valuable, and tech is.

That said apparently the only two people who care enough to try to reclassify why we're doing well this war are Roq and US.

It's funny because they have emphasized the importance of damage stats that are subject to activity, tier strength and game mechanic limitations and inevitable defender's advantage (even when you have even moderate activity levels.) Allegedly because we're doing well suddenly we have cast voodoo magic and have spent billions that could be spent on recovery worrying about one or two thousand damage points when we've done and taken over what now, 2.5 Million?

It's just kind of like "when is it enough?"

Luckily those we're actually engaged with are (as they should be,) more concerned with fighting.

"doing well" and bragging about a damage ratio stat which you have been doing are two different things. I think if you and others weren't so concerned with propaganda victories that you'd find less complaints.  When a number of things skew something you go out of your way to brag about, then be prepared to be called on it.