• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it show DBDC and TOP fighting?

Looks like there was a short no damage war where TBRaiders declared on King Brandon back on Nov 10 (which was after you guys started warring) with the reason of 'you have a guy hitting ds' so its pulling it from that.

UFbV8jU.png

Definitely keep posting updates of that.

I'm waiting for the gdoc showing wars and damage done per nation and per starting ns.  Pretty sure STA made it for last war...

Here ya go - Spreadsheet

Pretty sure I fixed it up right for this time around but let me know if anything is off. I put it all together in bits and pieces last war and I may have copied some of the formulas incorrectly.

All data is from the RI5 site, I copy/paste it over every few days so it's not always completely up to date.

Edited by Coloradia

Here ya go - Spreadsheet

Pretty sure I fixed it up right for this time around but let me know if anything is off. I put it all together in bits and pieces last war and I may have copied some of the formulas incorrectly.

Thanks!

Really appreciated.

Atlas has 77 nations, not 12.

Edited by hartfw

Got it. They're right next to Alpha Omega who have 12 in the list. Most counts may be off a bit as I do those by hand and only when an alliance first enters.

Yeah, technically Sengoku was at 39.  We had 39 the morning we entered, 38 the next day as the honorable Jedaye hit DS.

Here ya go - Spreadsheet

All data is from the RI5 site, I copy/paste it over every few days so it's not always completely up to date.

Here ya go - Spreadsheet

Can you mention days since entry into war as well for the AA? Because many of those stats are highly affected by how long an alliance has been at war.

I do have to admit Doom Squad stats are quite impressive. Heavily wondered nations in the lower tier is a pain for anyone. We'll see how steady that one stays when your friends get done wrecking the rest of our larger nations lol.

That's a good example of why numbers means nothing without a context.

Also we need offensive/defensive wars ratio as they're totally different and lack of such distinction will further skew the numbers we see.

That's a good example of why numbers means nothing without a context.

Also we need offensive/defensive wars ratio as they're totally different and lack of such distinction will further skew the numbers we see.

I think the second sheet is what you're looking for.

What I find most disappointing about the stats is the number of wars where the defender has not made any attempt to fight back.  Out of the 5785 wars that started after war was declared listed in the war stats download I grabbed last night, in 2014 (34.8%) of them the attacker had done at least 95% of the total damage (A total of 6,634,103.95 damage) and in 1756 (30.4%) of them they had done 100%. (4,716,936.87 damage)

That's... pathetic.  4.7m NS lost without the defender even firing a CM back.  Every single one of those defending nations should put themselves in the corner with a dunce cap on.

*Disclaimer - I did not filter out wars that may be unrelated to this conflict.

Damage ratio in defensive wars is my favorite stat on my spreadsheet, shows who can actually fight even when they aren't the ones choosing their opponent. It's a pretty good indicator of an alliances real combat ability imo. It's not perfect until they've been in for a few weeks but at that point it's pretty solid.

Edited by Coloradia

What I find most disappointing about the stats is the number of wars where the defender has not made any attempt to fight back.  Out of the 5785 wars that started after war was declared listed in the war stats download I grabbed last night, in 2014 (34.8%) of them the attacker had done at least 95% of the total damage (A total of 6,634,103.95 damage) and in 1756 (30.4%) of them they had done 100%. (4,716,936.87 damage)

That's... pathetic.  4.7m NS lost without the defender even firing a CM back.  Every single one of those defending nations should put themselves in the corner with a dunce cap on.

*Disclaimer - I did not filter out wars that may be unrelated to this conflict.

Even without the disclaimer -- making this a statement about current wars in general rather than about one large war in particular -- that's a rather damning figure. I'd heard a lot of complaining about this from people on both sides, but didn't realize the number of nations simply 'turtling' was so high.

However, it may not be any kind of statement about ability, but rather another example of the problem of inactivity that seems to be afflicting every alliance; a problem that is defining this war in more ways than people probably realize.