• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've told plenty of friends I play it. All ask the same question. Why?

It's hard to explain to people that the game itself is little more than a spreadsheet and the fun is in building a persona and dealing with a load of other people who've made up a persona and this makes it better than Farmville. No one believes me. I guess as apart from a 2 year break when I built a boat I've played it for 8 years I'm hooked though.

Setting an alarm to get up early every single morning, and locking yourself in the bathroom with occasional "grunting" sounds might give a somewhat different impression....

Yes especially if your significant other hears celebratory sounds

Or laughter.

I've told plenty of friends I play it. All ask the same question. Why?

It's hard to explain to people that the game itself is little more than a spreadsheet and the fun is in building a persona and dealing with a load of other people who've made up a persona and this makes it better than Farmville. No one believes me. I guess as apart from a 2 year break when I built a boat I've played it for 8 years I'm hooked though.

Built a boat? I'd like to see that lol

I show it to people. They think my posts are funny and awesome

Ya I doubt that

Wait, that's an achievement? Is there a separate one for meeting one's spouse via CN?

New for 2015: Meatshieldr, the CN companion app. Whether you're looking for a long-term alliance, or just someone to fill your slots, there's Meatshieldr. 

Agreed. I no longer stay up or wake up for update. I do it on my phone in my car by myself before work haha.

This could be really taken out of context, that's for sure.

Be proud of the nerdiness, thats what makes it special. I always end up laughing whenever I try to explain the game to someone XD

It normally goes like, "yeah I play this online game. It's actually really lame - especially after I built an Excel simulator to perfectly replicate the game. I don't know why I even have a nation still."

This could be really taken out of context, that's for sure.

It normally goes like, "yeah I play this online game. It's actually really lame - especially after I built an Excel simulator to perfectly replicate the game. I don't know why I even have a nation still."

Update is the key word you can't take out

Nah, that's actually fairly typical UPN at war numbers

I don't think they or their friends care much for the game. That's why their numbers are low. If they cared they would be higher. Maybe you guys can do something after the war with them to get them to care more about the game. Maybe teach them some of the things you've studied/tested about the games mechanics and befriend them.

Looking at these stats, the funny thing that jumps out to me is just how consistently the attacking side is the one doing the most damage, sometimes at a 2:1 ratio. This holds true whether you're in the stronger coalition or the weaker one, or the stronger AA or the weaker one, or whether people talk shit about you as being a bad alliance or not.

Looking at these stats, the funny thing that jumps out to me is just how consistently the attacking side is the one doing the most damage, sometimes at a 2:1 ratio. This holds true whether you're in the stronger coalition or the weaker one, or the stronger AA or the weaker one, or whether people talk !@#$ about you as being a bad alliance or not.

being able to choose targets for downdeclaration purposes is huge.

Looking at these stats, the funny thing that jumps out to me is just how consistently the attacking side is the one doing the most damage, sometimes at a 2:1 ratio. This holds true whether you're in the stronger coalition or the weaker one, or the stronger AA or the weaker one, or whether people talk !@#$ about you as being a bad alliance or not.

A combination of downdeclares (which is usual) plus some targets being left without support for several days, probably.