Doom Squad Announcement

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So NATO is cheerleading for the lulzists in a stunning reversal of their stance against Mushqaeda, thats sad.

Because a 6 month non gov member of NATO speaks for the whole alliance, just like you speak for all of Polar.
Come on Tywin, you're better than this.

So NATO is cheerleading for the lulzists in a stunning reversal of their stance against Mushqaeda, thats sad.

Mushqaeda had nothing to do with lulzism for us: it was all about our hate for MK's OOC antics. Please do not project your FA vision over the rest of us, thanks.

Considering that the current FA environment is the direct result of last war's events, give some thought about who should be blamed here as well. If you can manage that, of course.

Because a 6 month non gov member of NATO speaks for the whole alliance, just like you speak for all of Polar.
Come on Tywin, you're better than this.

Really Tywin better then that you have just made my day with that comment we all know he doesn't get any better then his half assed ideas that make absolutely no sense. Edited by Alexio15

Mushqaeda had nothing to do with lulzism for us: it was all about our hate for MK's OOC antics. Please do not project your FA vision over the rest of us, thanks.
Considering that the current FA environment is the direct result of last war's events, give some thought about who should be blamed here as well. If you can manage that, of course.

So you are describing your current FA stance as reaction-based out of a resentment for the last war. I understand this, although such thinking is not elevated. However, you are separating the symptom from the cancer.

What was MK's breach of IC decorum if not lulzism? Should the forces of lulzism somehow win, what kind of environment will our world become? Another trash-heap of OOC attacks, friends vs infra, and chaotic self destruction, the same cancer which oppressed NPO and her allies for so long and chased so many from our world. Lulzists like DS need to be seen for what they are: an existential threat to this community.

So you are describing your current FA stance as reaction-based out of a resentment for the last war. I understand this, although such thinking is not elevated. However, you are separating the symptom from the cancer.

I would hardly call R&R (or NATO, but they can correct me) an alliance that bases its FA on grudges, but I understand where that comment comes from. It has more to do with the realization of how we had overestimated our relationship with certain alliances though, and the absolute lack of attempts to mend the impacted relationships after last war. It is no secret that before Disorder we saw XX and Aftermath as close groupings, and informal talks were constant and interesting at the time. The fact that we have but one tie left to Aftermath now should be quite telling of how much things have changed.

This is how I see it, at least.

What was MK's breach of IC decorum if not lulzism? Should the forces of lulzism somehow win, what kind of environment will our world become? Another trash-heap of OOC attacks, friends vs infra, and chaotic self destruction, the same cancer which oppressed NPO and her allies for so long and chased so many from our world. Lulzists like DS need to be seen for what they are: an existential threat to this community.

I would argue that one alliance can act as marauder and pillager without any respect for other people's sovereignty without lowering itself to the use of OOC attacks: as long as any cancer is IC, it's part of the game.

Still trying to figure out why anyone bothers speaking to Tywin.

Anyway, I would wish our optional allies luck in this but, having fought Invicta before, I doubt you'll need it.

The big question: Will Invicta try to handle an alliance half their size without calling in the cavalry? I'm going to go with....no.

So you think alliances like NG and Doom Squad understand IC/OOC separation? From what they have told me they literally believe there is no separation. This is the biggest single distinction between doomsphere and the civilized world: they do not respect the civil traditions that have prevailed for 8 years and beyond.

The problem is more in the societal decay lulzism represents and the fact that once-respectable alliances are actually cheering this on. For example, DBDC has hit your allies in SNX (you are in TIO right?), yet you seem to be cheering on the lulzists anyway.

Societal decay, No not really.
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=31048

So you think alliances like NG and Doom Squad understand IC/OOC separation?

Not really, but time will tell, I guess.

From what they have told me they literally believe there is no separation. This is the biggest single distinction between doomsphere and the civilized world: they do not respect the civil traditions that have prevailed for 8 years and beyond.

Civil traditions? In a world that sees one or two wars per year? Are you crazy or your definition of civility is just a tad off?

Societal decay, No not really.http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=31048

That wasnt the initial casus belli though. Traditionally regardless of your opinion of the validity behind a casus belli, a concrete effort is made to explain the reasons for war to the global community. If this was not done, the aggressor was not taken seriously and usually curbstomped.

It cannot be over-emphasized that doomsphere lulzists desire to create a "new world" of anarchy and chaos which they can then rule as a haute tier class. No casus belli wars like this one is part of the ideological process and needs to be nipped in the bud every time it is attempted.

I dont know who you are and I have never heard of you before, but don't let this announcement stop you from declaring war on me, its been 9 very long months since I have gotten to launch a nuke.  Just let me know how much NS I need to drop (or raise!) to get into your range and we can do it up.  My casualty count has been static for way too long.

Dear Sweeeeet Roony D,

It's unfortunate we have never properly met. I am Joseph Muddog Black, High King of Rural Route 3, and Lord of the Chattahoochee River Basin. I am about 80k your Jr, and while I would be pleased beyond measure to duel as gentle men, my duty requires that I stay my personal interests, for the time being.

Never the less, thank you for your invitation, I must formally decline.

Respectfully,
Joseph M. Black

Have fun, DS!

Have fun too, Invicta. No exclamation mark for you though.

I applaud your stunningly creative CB.

I'm excited that we finally get to see some cards on the table and who will support a war without even a hint of a CB.

Isn't it grand? There's an old saying about doing something about stuff.

approvingdelaysmiley.jpg

You know how to win my heart.

Join DS, or in the alternative, Kashmir.

Dear Sweeeeet Roony D,

It's unfortunate we have never properly met. I am Joseph Muddog Black, High King of Rural Route 3, and Lord of the Chattahoochee River Basin. I am about 80k your Jr, and while I would be pleased beyond measure to duel as gentle men, my duty requires that I stay my personal interests, for the time being.

Never the less, thank you for your invitation, I must formally decline.

Respectfully,
Joseph M. Black

How can someone not know who you are? Balls on the flag. Everyone knows that.

Drink everytime someone complains about PM.
Drink everytime someone complains about CBs or the lack thereof.
Drink everytime someone complains about lulzism...

Actually, this is easier: Drink everytime someone says shit they don't have the guts to actually do anything about, other than gasp in indignant outrage.