IRON sets a new record.

Elendil

Several inaccuracies here: 

1) You're % lost difference is almost all from Karma, a war more than 5 years ago.*  Take out that war and TOP has lost more on average since then.

2) TOP has lost much more in the last two wars, which really matters the most.  Especially in the last war where you gained NS.

3) Being an "elite alliance" isn't about absolute number of nations over a certain threshold but average NS.  In this case: IRON: 58,497, TOP: 94,371.  27.1% of IRON is over 10K tech, 52.4% of TOP is.

*OOC: Holy c*** has it really been that long?

ETA: Saladjoe beat me to it.

You're last point is quite comical.  Basing elitness on average NS.  TOP has 84 nations, IRON has 344.  Obviously with that many nations, we have many smaller nations that would bring down the "average".  Say for argument sake, we just kick our bottom nations til we only had 84 nations...welp then I guess by your standards, we'd be more elite.

Anyway, I'l leave the ones wanting to argue for the sake of arguing have this thread.  I don't get my jollies like some do derailing a thread

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IRON @ TOP : We just don't like you :mad:

TOP @ IRON : We just don't like you :mad:

IRON @ STA : We just don't like you :mad:

STA @ IRON : We just don't like you :mad:

Congrats to IRON on your achievements

/me goes back to watching DS vs Invicta :popcorn:

You're last point is quite comical.  Basing elitness on average NS.  TOP has 84 nations, IRON has 344.  Obviously with that many nations, we have many smaller nations that would bring down the "average".  Say for argument sake, we just kick our bottom nations til we only had 84 nations...welp then I guess by your standards, we'd be more elite.

Anyway, I'l leave the ones wanting to argue for the sake of arguing have this thread.  I don't get my jollies like some do derailing a thread

That's simply how most people categorize alliances these days: mass member vs. elite. IRON is clearly one, and TOP is clearly one. It doesn't make anyone objectively better than the other, it's just jargon that's evolved since Planet Bob came about.

Edited by Gibsonator21

That's simply how most people categorize alliances these days: mass member vs. elite. IRON is clearly one, and TOP is clearly one. It doesn't make anyone objectively better than the other, it's just jargon that's evolved since Planet Bob came about.

Amen to neither being the other. The trick is to be the best at what you are. Both IRON and TOP are good at being who they are from an organizational standpoint.

Certainly a significant milestone, IRON's IA has without a doubt been superlative since Eq. It's amazing what you can do with hundreds of potential tech farms, and if anything I'd say they're a solid case for the strength of a mass member model.

I still find it funny how all this time TOP have been approaching us for ODP's, trying to setup joint .gov channels, sending diplomats to our forums etc and now they see war is approaching and all their efforts were in vain and ineffective they result to the trolling.

Gotta love em