Returning to the Old Ways

Mara Lithaen

The 50k+ voting just lacks a rationale, because it assumes a direct relation between NS and the degree of !@#$%baggery of the owner of the nation. and I think we don't need to argue that there hardly is any proof for such an assumption, because you can be swell above 50k NS, you can be an idiot below.

And to those who think specific people need to go, for whatever reason, there are mechanisms for this. It just needs an unanimous approval of the GMs and then a three-thirds supermajority in the community. Sure, that's not easy. It's actually pretty hard to kick people out that way, but it also is not supposed to be easy. Because honestly, if you can't get a convincing enough argument that votes would meet such criteria, I think you might want to reconsider whether the person really is toxic to the RP, or whether it is just your personal problem with another person.

Not that I'd advocate any bans, but we honestly, we need not expand the rules on this matter further, when there's already rules for it.

It doesn't need that at all.

It needs enough people to be willing to relaunch without over-50k nations. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could find that many.

I already have, I'm just not willing to drive the effort. If they want to do it, they can. 

I think the answer isn't another cnrp. 

I think we need a war is not an option rule for those who don't want to participate in the silly petty vindictive ooc shens that passes for rp war. 

I think we need to force people to sell off infra so they can drop below 50k. If they refuse then we should murder them. I know it seems extreme, but if they don't want to be like us then they don't deserve to live.

...or we could just label them inhuman or at most 3/5 of a human, take away all their rights, make them rp without any military whatsoever and force them to tend to our fields.

ew, sitting out wars just to touch you? no thanks, I'd rather use my pixels for something other than strength in a RP game, but you're at least proving my point that the strongest nations in RP1 besides Cent are all the nations that avoid wars.

Everyone plays CN different. Who cares.

When it provides a benefit to essentially withdraw from the game proper to actually be able to do anything in the RP, it means anyone participating in actual conflicts is harming their stake in the RP, so basically only the hippies get to be strong in the RP, due to those cool multipliers that RP1 loves so much.

ew, sitting out wars just to touch you? no thanks, I'd rather use my pixels for something other than strength in a RP game, but you're at least proving my point that the strongest nations in RP1 besides Cent are all the nations that avoid wars.

To be fair, a lot of lower ns players sit out wars as well. It's not really a problem that exclusively affects the highest tiers.

RP2 doesnt change the multiple based off NS, and the only reason any nation over 50k even gets the slight gradual troop bonuses is due to eva's whining when we were deciding the rules.

To be fair, a lot of lower ns players sit out wars as well. It's not really a problem that exclusively affects the highest tiers.

Lower NS players also aren't keeping an additional thousands of aircraft and hundreds of ships simply by slipping into peace mode.

Edited by Mogar

yet another problem caused by tying our stats to our in-game stats

but no!

i'm literally evil for thinking that it's stupid for people to get a seniority advantage

they get the RP they want

they want CN stats

they want ridiculous tech

they want the OOC to be another battleground for the IC

well, here you have it, and you all !@#$@#$ hate it

Edited by Hereno

but no!

i'm literally evil for thinking that it's stupid for people to get a seniority advantage

they want CN stats

I find these arguments better than every reality show on television. Think of the entertainment value, we could sell this show for a season and it'd be better than Big Brother.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

but no!

they want CN stats

You're not evil for thinking it, just wrong in my opinion.  There are other national simulation games with RP in them, and when I've watched hem, when you allow RP alone to define shit, you end up with older nations in an arms race of the absolute absurd, 3000 super dreadnaughts 2 kilometers long each with 800 mm cannons and shit.  

I like CN RPs nation RP because even though I've been a small-mid size nation to a large nation to the largest nation, I've always felt there is an even keel on where people stand.  I think the missile numbers in CN RP 2 are a perfect example of a race to absurdum.  One player says I feel I should be the strongest so I should have way more of this than any country has ever brought ever combined.  Naturally despite what that player may think he or she's policies may not be so benevolent to the rest of the game, so some other nations should then also start an arms race and seek to get those capabilities.  Of course player one gets offended and ramps up production even more cause they are paranoid.  So then the others ramp up production more, and its gets to sheer ridiculousness.

And then of course if someone new comes in, the legacy players can say, 'Oh well I started this months ago, so you can't catch me' so you create a perma elite.

Both systems have their flaws, I support one where each player doesn't have an incentive to escalate arbitrarily imposed limits.