Limitless Nexus Update

Sephiroth

While stonewall was posting big boy messages here he was privately contacting us to please allow him and the rest of his friends to go to badlands because they hated LN. We said sure, so he left.p and took his friends with him. Then the other two who ghosted LN tried to run away and not g attacked to badlands, where they offered to buy them, then they ran back to Kashmir, who also kindly offered to buy them.

Unfortunately Jack Layton refused to peace out and continually nuked people, but whatever. King Conrad wisely kept his mouth shut until after he got peace, then he decided to show a bunch of random nukes against non nuke nations that all adds up to less NS then I have and thinks he did something worthwhile. Yeah, big bad run away during the war is so scary and mighty.

Nobody left until peace was secured. They may have left before you 'announced' it in that other thread, but they all stuck around. Nobody* tried to "run" away, least of all war Jesus.

* = Except for maybe Chax but really an irrelevant point. I wasn't following close enough on that point to know for sure but I think the fact that he left before the war was over and was declared on by someone in LN (which means some in LN, who were also in his range, weren't anarchied/defeated) means that he left to avoid war. He could've easily waited a week or whatever to reform Europa if he wanted to. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody left until peace was secured. They may have left before you 'announced' it in that other thread, but they all stuck around. Nobody* tried to "run" away, least of all war Jesus.

* = Except for maybe Chax but really an irrelevant point. I wasn't following close enough on that point to know for sure but I think the fact that he left before the war was over and was declared on by someone in LN (which means some in LN, who were also in his range, weren't anarchied/defeated) means that he left to avoid war. He could've easily waited a week or whatever to reform Europa if he wanted to. 

They left before the war ended or we even got into seeing if Methrage wanted to quit. Weeks before. Don't run your mouth when you don't know what you are talking about.

Of course this seems to apply to me as well :( Edited by KenMorningstar

They left before the war ended or we even got into seeing if Methrage wanted to quit. Weeks before. Don't run your mouth when you don't know what you are talking about.

Of course this seems to apply to me as well :(

I inquired about what was needed to do to end the war for all my new guys and I refused your surrender demands and also refused 2nd offer of no surrender demands and refused to leave until I was told the war was ending so I then left and took up allies on their offer...Your guys were the ones pushing me to leave as obviosly anyone with eyes can see I was wrecking all your nations you sent at me or that I attacked myself...Had the war not ended I would have contnued nuking and smashing Goons once again until the whole of LN recieved peace...Your inflated ego needs for someone to have begged and fleed but it is not the case...I was receiving plenty of aid and could and would and will fight for another 9 months if neccessary...o/ LN

We told Methrage at the start that we wouldn't stick around for the duration, and he was fine with that. Our aim was to take the pressure off of LN, which we did.

I'm kind of laughing at GOONS whining about War Jesus nuking non-nuclear nations (well, whining about our involvement in general, including that we continued to defend ourselves when they continued attacking us). To have it coming from the big, bad alliance who makes a policy of attacking those smaller than them without justification, then crying about reps and saving face when they actually get bitten for it, is absolutely hilarious. Never mind that I saw a number of nuke reports on LN's page about, what a surprise, non-nuclear nations getting nuked by GOONS! At least when I go seal clubbing, I'm honest about it and I don't go whining for reparations if someone manages to beat me. I congratulate them on a good fight like a real man and go on with my life.

But let me tell you something, Ken-Doll. When one side decides to bargain in good faith, and that putting up with your toadies being sent after us with Daddy GOONS' credit card is more of a headache than it's worth, it's considered very, very bad form to continue declaring new wars after someone has already sent your alliance a slot of tech. What that tells me is either your alliance had no interest in peace after all, or you can't control your people. Either way, you end up looking incompetent.

To set the record straight, we were invited to join Badlands by Generalchow once we'd had our fill of the war in LN. So we took him up on it. GOONS offered peace to us because of a peace agreement with Chow. One that we didn't agree to at all. But we were prepared to call it a day, let things be, and head back to Kashmir. You know, like adults. GOONS insisted on continuing the war, and continuing to rack up more damages to themselves, spending millions I don't even care to count on all those nations, all while complaining that we were still fighting back against the nations who kept declaring on us. We offered you a white peace from the start, and while you wouldn't take it, that's what you got, and that's all you're getting.

Hell no I'm not taking white peace from a bunch of chump ghosts. Also Chow decided not to buy you when you jumped ship from badlands to Kashmir, so we pursued you. So SBilly bought you instead.

And if you didn't want your war slots filled from our "toadies" stay out of our business. You dont dictate terms to me when you are 2 ghosts jumping in for reasons only you care about. You cannot negotiate from a position of weakness. And as much infra as you nuked away we have more than enough cash to keep you at war for damn near ever, especially at that range. It's what we specialize in.

Hell no I'm not taking white peace from a bunch of chump ghosts. Also Chow decided not to buy you when you jumped ship from badlands to Kashmir, so we pursued you. So SBilly bought you instead.

And if you didn't want your war slots filled from our "toadies" stay out of our business. You dont dictate terms to me when you are 2 ghosts jumping in for reasons only you care about. You cannot negotiate from a position of weakness. And as much infra as you nuked away we have more than enough cash to keep you at war for damn near ever, especially at that range. It's what we specialize in.

War is over, if you want it.

KenMorningstar appears to be wanting it to continue, so I was unsure what exactly the status is.

That's what it looked like to me, though I found no evidence on the war screens thus my surprise to his pecker rattling... :popcorn:

I don't like sitting here reading false crap without responding.

So your saying you merely got angry and popped off? and/or your the big bad demi-god and will sttrike down War jesus for their insolence? :popcorn:

This is incorrect. War Jesus turned tail and ran to Badlands about three weeks ago. They then went to Kashmir after rejecting Chow's offer to us to peace them out. Kashmir stumped up some tech to secure peace for them about a week or more ago. This is all clearly evident if you take a look at the war and aid screens.

You cannot negotiate from a position of weakness.

The position of weakness in question:

War Jesus Total NS Lost:                     26912.51 NS
GOONS Total NS Lost to War Jesus:    52663.21 NS

Including winning virtually every war that we fought by large margins. Please, go ahead and verify my numbers. However, a couple GOONS deleted a couple of the more embarrassing wars they had against us, so those stats may no longer be available.

Isn't it funny how KenMorningafterpill talks about running away, and then in the same breath complains that peace was delayed because I wouldn't stop nuking the GOONS who declared on me when an agreement was reached? Does that sound like "running away" to anyone?

Isn't it sad that with their millions upon millions of infinite money, I started this war with a meagre $2 million and fought off - and defeated - a whole slew of opponents, most of whom matched me in terms of wonders/nukes? And isn't it telling that KenMorningafterpill thinks that the damage to the GOONS we inflicted "doesn't count" because they could easily repair it with their infinite millions. As if we can't. We certainly have far, far less to repair.

The fact of the matter, dollface, is that we didn't just win. We smoked you. You could keep sending your little girls to fight men, but you would only have the same result: utter defeat. The GOONS, an elite alliance of warriors with infinite money, was pounded anally by a "pathetic microalliance" and two "chump ghosts".

Oh, and before I end off this message, here's a little something from the Kashmir forums that was brought to our attention:

To: SirWilliam    From: KenMorningstar    Date: 10/14/2014 10:34:59 PM

Subject: RE: Jack Layton

Message: I'm with you, but I'm getting massive pushback over this. Just hold off on the tech and let me work with my stubborn people.
I'm not wanting this to escalate and if in the end we get nothing because my guys are being asshats then that's fine, that's on them.
I don't see an end to jacks wars today or tomorrow though just giving you a heads up. Let him keep nuking GOONS and we will see if they get tired of it,

----

To: SirWilliam     From: KenMorningstar     Date: 10/9/2014 3:21:33 AM

Subject: RE: War Jesus

Message: I understand your outlook on this but unfortunately the council has decided we will continue prosecuting the war against War Jesus.
It's a principles thing. You know how it is, you were in my position for a long time.
I am requesting you do not allow them full membership as we will continue throwing babby GOONS at them until they run out of money and willpower.
That said I will allow them to go for a token 500 tech to be paid by anyone. As you are very aware we have to stick to our guns when it comes to ghosts. If we don't we lose a lot of future rogue battles since they will think we will let them off if they just hold out. If we can extract even a small token amount of reps we can maintain a viable face to future rogues. 
I'm sorry it has to come to this but you know our policies and you know how we need to stick to them to maintain our external integrity.

Do you chaps see that last part? He demanded reps because the GOONS would look like a bunch of pathetic clowns if they didn't get them, despite losing the war with infinite money against just two nations.

Edited by Jack Layton

The position of weakness in question:

War Jesus Total NS Lost:                     26912.51 NS
GOONS Total NS Lost to War Jesus:    52663.21 NS

Including winning virtually every war that we fought by large margins. Please, go ahead and verify my numbers. However, a couple GOONS deleted a couple of the more embarrassing wars they had against us, so those stats may no longer be available.

Isn't it funny how KenMorningafterpill talks about running away, and then in the same breath complains that peace was delayed because I wouldn't stop nuking the GOONS who declared on me when an agreement was reached? Does that sound like "running away" to anyone?

Isn't it sad that with their millions upon millions of infinite money, I started this war with a meagre $2 million and fought off - and defeated - a whole slew of opponents, most of whom matched me in terms of wonders/nukes? And isn't it telling that KenMorningafterpill thinks that the damage to the GOONS we inflicted "doesn't count" because they could easily repair it with their infinite millions. As if we can't. We certainly have far, far less to repair.

The fact of the matter, dollface, is that we didn't just win. We smoked you. You could keep sending your little girls to fight men, but you would only have the same result: utter defeat. The GOONS, an elite alliance of warriors with infinite money, was pounded anally by a "pathetic microalliance" and two "chump ghosts".

Oh, and before I end off this message, here's a little something from the Kashmir forums that was brought to our attention:

To: SirWilliam    From: KenMorningstar    Date: 10/14/2014 10:34:59 PM

Subject: RE: Jack Layton

Message: I'm with you, but I'm getting massive pushback over this. Just hold off on the tech and let me work with my stubborn people.
I'm not wanting this to escalate and if in the end we get nothing because my guys are being asshats then that's fine, that's on them.
I don't see an end to jacks wars today or tomorrow though just giving you a heads up. Let him keep nuking GOONS and we will see if they get tired of it,

----

To: SirWilliam     From: KenMorningstar     Date: 10/9/2014 3:21:33 AM

Subject: RE: War Jesus

Message: I understand your outlook on this but unfortunately the council has decided we will continue prosecuting the war against War Jesus.
It's a principles thing. You know how it is, you were in my position for a long time.
I am requesting you do not allow them full membership as we will continue throwing babby GOONS at them until they run out of money and willpower.
That said I will allow them to go for a token 500 tech to be paid by anyone. As you are very aware we have to stick to our guns when it comes to ghosts. If we don't we lose a lot of future rogue battles since they will think we will let them off if they just hold out. If we can extract even a small token amount of reps we can maintain a viable face to future rogues. 
I'm sorry it has to come to this but you know our policies and you know how we need to stick to them to maintain our external integrity.

Do you chaps see that last part? He demanded reps because the GOONS would look like a bunch of pathetic clowns if they didn't get them, despite losing the war with infinite money against just two nations.

Staring at the floor cuz the man is telling the truth and it hurts...pathetic clowns=Goons? Say it ain't so!?! :popcorn:

How is it GOONS always finds itself involved in drama with micro alliances?  At some point GOONS is going to have grow and play with the big boys. 

I knew I liked you for a good reason.

On another note, best peace thread ever. I love you guys. Oh so much.

LN: Good job beating the tar out of an opponent far larger than yourselves that was fighting with infinite money. You outdamaged them in almost every individual war I looked at in spite of all their advantages and somehow they're still talking tough. I'll admit I'm impressed by the remarkable fortitude of GOONS' delusions of grandeur.

Thanks. Even their leader, Sardonic, took more than 7x the damage after declaring on me, even without me having enough nukes to hit him with one. Didn't matter if they had 6k+ infra when declaring and me around 1k, the result was the same; except their infra losses were even more expensive. I don't see it as a beatdown when we're outdamaging until the end, but they'll think whatever helps them sleep better at night. I might of lost 1.5k tech, enduring daily nukes as I outdamaged them, but their losses likely exceed a billion dollar price tag. While the stats speak for themselves, losses in naval blockades cost them as well. Edited by Methrage