Hungary-Slovakia/Naples Diplomacy

Hereno

*Hungary-Slovakian Foreign Minister Marcell Feher would greet the ambassador from Naples upon his arrival at the Foreign Ministry, standing from behind his desk and warmly shaking the ambassador's hand.*

"Welcome, ambassador, to Budapest.   I am Foreign Minister Feher.  How may I be of service to you today?"

"Pleasure to meet you, Minister." The diplomat said, without missing a beat. "It was a long plane ride from Naples to your country, but I believe that it was worth the effort. I have been told that my presence was specifically requested here in this great European city, and I'd love to get down to business."

"Yes, ofcourse.  Hungary-Slovakia is pleased to host a diplomat from Naples.  

Hungary-Slovakia would be pleased to offer any of the following, as well as any combination of the following, to our friends in Naples, that is, if Naples is interested in them.

We can offer Naples a Non Aggression Pact, a Trade Pact, an Intel-sharing Pact, and a Mutual Defense Pact."

After having given it some thought, a reply was given.

"We are not sure how much we could do in the way of trade, given the geographical location of Hungary-Slovakia. It would require a route into the country somehow, and that is something that does not exist. However, your position in Europe allows us to project power in the continent; and our position in the Mediterranean is also very beneficial to yourselves as well. Would your government be open to the idea of helping to establish a route from Hungary-Slovakia to the Mediterranean? With the Yugoslavians and Romanians at each other's throats, it would be quite easy for us to permanently borrow the Slovenian territories from the Yugoslavs. Not only would it allow your nation a port and better access to trade, but it would also help us to prevent any Slav incursions into the Italian peninsula. With the blessings of our Carthaginian allies, should they find the idea agreeable, it would be quite easy for us to take control of Venice and use it as a staging point. With your troops already in southern Yugoslavia, and with Romania already pushing from the east, we could surround and dismantle them on all sides."

He took a sip of kratom tea.

"If, of course, you are willing to do what is necessary. If not, we would be willing to share intelligence."

Edited by Hereno

*The Foreign Minister would blink.*

"You do realize Yugoslavia is an ally of Hungary-Slovakia.  We could not condone to the taking of our ally's land.

Likewise, we cannot agree to betraying and attacking our Yugoslavian allies militarily.

In any case, such actions would not be needed to establish trade, as we have ports both in Latvia and in Yugoslavia that could easily be used for trade between our two nations."

*The foreign minister would quickly glance at his watch.*

"I apologize, ambassador, but I have other business I must go attend to soon, so I must bring our meeting to a close and thank you for meeting with me."

Edited by Euphaia