Kazuko felt lost since she had awoken, she remembered being in a room, it was so shiny, and there was a man above her, she was tired, so tired, and then she went back to sleep. She awoke again in her bed, Takako was waiting with her morning Tea, and a sheet of paper requesting her presence in the Plains Federation, they had begun a high level conference with the leaders of various nations, but a visit in person may be enough to sway them. She got herself ready and made her way to the waiting car, noticing the various servants looked upon her strangely. Feeling self conscious she looked herself over in a mirror on the car ride to the airport, what was it they were looking at, she hadn't changed at all, had she?

The flight over was boring, as to be expected, while refueling in Hawaii she wondered about the Islands, they could have been hers, instead they end up with Tikal, perhaps a gateway between their cultures could be built upon the island chain, they had been intimate allies for longer than most nations had existed, why not work towards establishing something between the actual people of the nations instead of simply the leadership. She wondered what the people of both nations even thought of the alliance. but for now she would sleep, only to awake just before touching down in Plains Federation.

Something was different about her but she couldn't quite figure out what, the thoughts were sent to the back of her mind however, she was off to meet with the President of the Plains Federation, the long term goals of their alliance would be met, but soon the time would come for their friendship to be forged properly, the French and Tikal had become EAI's most intimate friends through conflict, with yet another looming upon the horizon, more bonds would be made, and their respective continents would become even closer to help out a third.

The Imperial plane would be directed to land at the much-expanded Will Rogers World Airport in OKC. There, the Empress would be met by Vice President Kennedy and a detachment of her personal guard, a rather intimidating-looking bunch of soldiers in armor unlike any the world had seen in many years, a form-fitting, form-shifting lattice of alloy plates and servomotors.

---

Anna watched as the Empress walked out of the jet bridge, then moved purposely forward, her guard staying a few steps behind her. She bowed, the slightly deeper bow of one greeting someone only one step in station above their own. Anna straightened. "Welcome to the Plains Federation, Empress. I'm Vice President Anna Kennedy; it's a pleasure to meet you."

She was momentarily distracted by the guard armor, before returning her attention to the Vice President, returning the bow and then shaking her hand, "What a clever design," she said turning back to the guards," I will have to put whoever made it into contact with some of our corporations. Once the world returns to some sense of stability I'll have to take you to my own country, Tikal has taught us much, and we've put our own spin on most of their technology." She returned her gaze back to Anna with a slanted smile, "I doubt I was meant to come here to gloat though, I'm sure your government has some concerns over the current conference and the implications of it, We can go somewhere more comfortable or we can just hang out on the tarmac, at least it's warm."

She was momentarily distracted by the guard armor, before returning her attention to the Vice President, returning the bow and then shaking her hand, "What a clever design," she said turning back to the guards," I will have to put whoever made it into contact with some of our corporations. Once the world returns to some sense of stability I'll have to take you to my own country, Tikal has taught us much, and we've put our own spin on most of their technology." She returned her gaze back to Anna with a slanted smile, "I doubt I was meant to come here to gloat though, I'm sure your government has some concerns over the current conference and the implications of it, We can go somewhere more comfortable or we can just hang out on the tarmac, at least it's warm."

Anna smiled at her, returning the handshake. "I myself normally do more... informal meetings, such as this, in the Florida Keys or the Bahamas. However, it was a touch short notice and a few of our more prominent political leaders wanted to meet you as well. OKC is simply the most central place from which to do so; as far as I'm aware, our next stop is the Devon Tower in Bricktown - which is our name for downtown, in this city. There is an excellent restaurant there that will host us, the President, and the Governor of Texas." she said, the smile still on her face. "I'm afraid, though, the armor's not for sale, and the couple who forge it aren't easily pried from their work. Those suits are a bit of a... family tradition, among those who wear them." Anna finished, and beckoned the group et al towards a trio of limos rolling up to the terminal's exit. "Perfect timing; there's our rides." she said, and lead the group towards them.

Edited by Mara Lithaen

"I'm more of the informal meeting myself, a relaxed atmosphere allows for more frank discussions and less diplomatic legalese." She paused at the comment about the armor, "I didn't mean to purchase, I meant I'm sure we can provide for more... unique alloys for such armor, I believe last I checked we have a ballistic vest that can stop 30mm rounds and able to wear under clothing, unfortunately there is a few flaws, notably the wearer is usually knocked unconscious by the impact." She shrugged with a smile, "I suppose it comes with invention." She said as they got into the vehicle. "I'm glad I had a short flight from Hawaii, I have grown an appetite."

Anna popped another smile, this one genuine, glad to be off the subject of the armor. "And just as well you have; we don't believe in underfeeding guests, here. I'm given to understand that there are some of your own delicacies on the menu for those who wish to eat them, and the President's mother cooked a batch of her famous cornbread big enough to feed the whole gathering. Though, admittedly, calling it mere cornbread is doing it a great disservice..." she said, trailing off. She thought for a few moments, and then continued. "I do hope that you're able to quell the Governor a bit. He's a bit jumpy about getting onto the world stage. Meeting a world leader of your stature would probably go a ways to fixing that."

"I can't wait, I love American food, one of the things Japan picked up from America, we turned away from rice and towards meat, not a terrible choice from my perspective. I have nothing against our own food, but I don't think anything Asia has created matches a high quality hamburger, like most things not originating in America but certainly turned into something of an art form."  She watched the city pass by through the tinted windows, "I hope so, Tikal has been upon the world stage, and I believe the rest of the Americas possess the same capability and desire to see a lasting global peace."