Flying to Tikal

MostGloriousLeader

It was decided to send a member of the executive triumvirate to Tikal and Governor Randall Crawford volunteered for the meeting.  A chartered business jet would take him from Washington DC to the Tikal capital of Dusk and Dawn.  After receiving clearance the plane would land and he would greet water party was awaiting him.

[OOC: Skipping to meeting.]

Governor Crawford would be received by a small party, mostly guards and a Tikalian representative, whose duty was to bring him to the meeting proper. The journey through the capital was short, and barely fifteen minutes later, he sat on a chair opposite of Tikal's male diarch, Prince Chak Tok Ich'aak, Ajaw ichil Tikal and with many other titles.

"Governor Randall Crawford, I welcome you to Tikal, and I thank you very much for your swift response to our request. If you don't mind, I'll try and make this meeting quick and get right to the issue that concerns Tikal.

"The issue is, does the USNA claim to be a successor of the United States of America? Does the USNA claim Manifest Destiny or may it, at some point in the future, plan to claim it? The last incarnation of the USA tried to resurrect this failed policy, and Tikal had to work hard to protect the independence of other North American states in the face of such aggression and expansionism.

"To make it short, Tikal would like a guarantee from your state, perhaps in the form of a defensive treaty, that your nation does not seek to expand beyond its current borders without legitimate cause, and that you will not claim Manifest Destiny or anything of the sort. If you can agree to this, then Tikal will gladly recognise the USNA and send aid to help kickstart your economy. Further, we would happily endorse your joining the NWO if you wish to do so. How does this sound?"

"Prince Chak Tok, thank you for inviting me to Tikal.  I assure you that the United States of North America is not the successor of the USA in its most recent incarnation.  Rather it is the successor to the old United States.  A country that promoted and guaranteed the freedoms and liberties of its citizens through peaceful democratic processes.  We reject the notion of manifest destiny as used by the second USA and desire peaceful relations with our neighbors.  As for guarantees we can only really give our word.  This early in our nations existence we do not wish to rush into diplomatic arrangements with other nations where we may not know the future consequences.  The NWO looks like a possibly promising organization but we feel that to immediately join a bloc such as that would be premature and hasty until we can create an official government and be able to form a comprehensive foreign affairs policy".

"Your assurances mean a lot to me, yet regardless I must ask for at least a document in which you officially reject the notion of Manifest Destiny and of expansion. Alternatively, you could give your agreement to permitting the use of this meeting's digital recording for the equivalent of such a document. Usually, the tapes are destroyed one month after a meeting occurred, but in this case, they would be kept as a type of formal agreement. I sincerely hope that this is agreeable for you."

"That is an acceptable compromise. Thank you very much, Governor Crawford. I'm glad this meeting ended on a positive note. As soon as your government ratifies such a policy, I will make a public announcement to recognise your nation."

The Prince stood and walked to shake the Governor's hand. After saying their goodbyes, Crawford and any entourage would be brought back to the plane that had delivered him to Tikal, so he could return home.