Official Complaints and Grievances Announcement

OsRavan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's one thing I've learnt from gender studies class, it's that 'cakeboy' carries with it gendernormative assumptions. Perhaps 'cakeperson' be more inclusive as it's genderneutral.

But why stop there. It doesn't just have to be cakes, it could be other types bread-like baked deserts. How does 'breadlikebakeddesertperson' sound as a meme?

If there's one thing I've learnt from gender studies class, it's that 'cakeboy' carries with it gendernormative assumptions. Perhaps 'cakeperson' be more inclusive as it's genderneutral.

But why stop there. It doesn't just have to be cakes, it could be other types bread-like baked deserts. How does 'breadlikebakeddesertperson' sound as a meme?

But then you risk offending other religions and cultures, and quite possibly your also offending people that are ovenless. Could we formulate this meme such as "somevariableproportionsofyeastwaterandflourheatedinsomecapacityintoadesertperson"

would that even make sense?

But then you risk offending other religions and cultures, and quite possibly your also offending people that are ovenless. Could we formulate this meme such as "somevariableproportionsofyeastwaterandflourheatedinsomecapacityintoadesertperson"

would that even make sense?

The difference between cake(quick bread) and bread is the use of chemical leavening vs. biological leavening (yeast/bacteria). Cakes belong to the baked good subgroup of quick bread, which is itself a subgroup of bread. You could therefore shorten it to breadperson or breadbeing if you wanted to be truly inclusive.

To be fair, WarriorSoul and Neo Uruk deserve praise for correct use of the comma after the phrase, "to be fair."

To be fair, I was using Overlord Shinra's post as a template for my own.

To be fair it's still in the works. Catch phrases and one line zingers don't just fall out of the sky you know.

The same thought came to my mind when I saw this announcement, but now that MK is gone CnG should be free to better help their allies.

Edit: Also, to be fair, INT didn't always make it easy.

screw you guys I'm goin home