An actual plan to help CN

GeniusInc

I have talked at great length about the deterioration of CN and loss of players and how to treat them so they stay and all that. And I am sure that you guys are tired of hearing about it. However, the problem is… It is still a problem. So I am trying one last time

I was talking about this with some people from SNX the other day and we had an idea. What if we held an Internet Blitz? What if a group of us worked together, created some cool messages and graphics and on the same day posted it all over the internet. Perhaps we could even get it to trend on FB or something (though that would require a lot more effort). Anyway, we would get a massive influx of new nations like the Reddit Wave a few years back. And while they may not all stick around, we would get many people who did. Maybe it would be enough to kickstart a regrowth.

So the plan is to get a group of people to work together and organize it and make this plan work. I will host this on the TAR forums, I am hoping to get 5-12 people. So let me know. Here, in PM, on the forum, anything. Please also tell others in your AA who don't frequent the CN forums about this. Together, we can make this happen.

What say you?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have talked at great length about the deterioration of CN and loss of players and how to treat them so they stay and all that. And I am sure that you guys are tired of hearing about it. However, the problem is… It is still a problem. So I am trying one last time
I was talking about this with some people from SNX the other day and we had an idea. What if we held an Internet Blitz? What if a group of us worked together, created some cool messages and graphics and on the same day posted it all over the internet. Perhaps we could even get it to trend on FB or something (though that would require a lot more effort). Anyway, we would get a massive influx of new nations like the Reddit Wave a few years back. And while they may not all stick around, we would get many people who did. Maybe it would be enough to kickstart a regrowth.
So the plan is to get a group of people to work together and organize it and make this plan work. I will host this on the TAR forums, I am hoping to get 5-12 people. So let me know. Here, in PM, on the forum, anything. Please also tell others in your AA who don't frequent the CN forums about this. Together, we can make this happen.

What say you?

Why not? And of course we should treat new players better. Otherwise, we end up with a Buckaroo once in a while and that's as interesting as new players get. But I don't frequent anywhere but here, really.

Or, people could just join MI6.

Or else you'll poach them?

Problem is retention. We need new types of alliances.. if we recruited I'd probably promise people nukes in 100 days or whatever the math works out to.. I'd probably have to make a new guide.

Actually this is a good idea, someone use it and start a terrorist themed alliance. Is that wampler/wappas or whatever his name was guy still around?

Problem is retention. We need new types of alliances.. if we recruited I'd probably promise people nukes in 100 days or whatever the math works out to.. I'd probably have to make a new guide.

Actually this is a good idea, someone use it and start a terrorist themed alliance. Is that wampler/wappas or whatever his name was guy still around?

Regarding Nukes in 100 days, I think this is the real crux of the matter.

You need a group of nations who can pump out aid and arrange trade circles while dealing with the thankless issues surrounding retention (dumping money on people just to see them go inactive) and general frustration of hand holding people through back collects, etc (only to see them go inactive and delete).

Not to mention concerns over those own nations losing strategic ground because they're sending lots of money down and not getting tech up.  Mass recruiting was much more prevalent back when it look less time to get a killing machine up and running, so GOONS 1.0 was welcomed and aided (and Fark was held down to prevent The League from doing the same with their invasion).  Now people would just look at one thousand new nations and go "Urgh the time sink....".

The easiest way to get CN to gain new members is through mass social media spam. However, this would make everyone involved look like a massive nerd because this is all text-based :P

Pick your poison -- 10k members or forever labelled the weird nerd

The easiest way to get CN to gain new members is through mass social media spam. However, this would make everyone involved look like a massive nerd because this is all text-based :P

Pick your poison -- 10k members or forever labelled the weird nerd

Anyone here who thinks anyone outside of this game thinks they're anything other than a nerd is kidding themselves.  That's ok thought, nerds run the planet anyway. :P

Edited by HM Solomon I

One thing we discussed with this was that we need to also advertise the game as an alliance simulation as well as a nation simulation. We all know that the alliance part is just as big as the nation part.

Years ago I made a guide pertaining to reaching 10k NS in 20 days, given that 6mil is possible per aid transaction now, if a bunch of nations offered 6 per 100 to new nations you could turn nuclear in 60 theoretically at a high cost to growth, but it's definitely possible.

Nukes are only a fleeting satisfaction though, everyone I've spoken with has the same reservations they did from years ago when they first built a nation. And those of us too old to care much anymore have no new generation of nations to take over alliance duties for them. That's the crux of the problem and it's not going to change anytime soon from what I've seen.

I don't mean to be critical of this game but the issue is that this game is not meant to last this long, mechanically speaking. Consequentially, newer nations simply don't have interest as they don't find it fair having to engage with heavy wondered nations in their range and get slammed. We are talking about multiple years just to have a decent and substantial nation. Anyhow, I do think that suggesting a reset would certainly freshen up political aspects and possibly bring people back with keen interest. 

"Nation's are becoming nuclear too fast these days. We should raise the requirements."

"Hey, let's go promise people nukes in 100 days to promote the game."

Only in CN.
I <3 this community.

Yeah man, only in CN would people have different opinions.

As long as wartime talk revolves primarily on top tier dominance, then new nations will have little reason to stay. If a player only feels like they can make a valued contribution 2 years after their start date then retention will be your biggest problem. The truth is that a nation can make a contribution regardless of nation strength. Our community is just not adept at recognizing such contributions as they are statistically irrelevant.