British Landings in Hannover

Triyun

Dispatch from the British Government:

With the Collapse of the Hannover State, the British Government has announce landings for peace keepers on the continent and move to protect the region.  Hannover and Britain have long shared historical ties, including a significant period of personal union.  Hannover is now a protectorate of the United Kingdom.

The British Government asserts its claims and protection over the region. Other claims if there are any should be directed to the office in London.

[b]Movements:[/b]

British Marines would hit the shores from landing craft simultaneous with the movement, along with the deployment of electronic warfare units, and the secret deployments of black widows to the area to maintain air superiority.  Following jamming in the area, two British airborne divisions would drop in to secure air fields and other key assets, and make way for the surging of air and land assets.

Classified - Top Secret!

While the Wehrmacht mobilized for potential operations, a message would be sent to the Northlands:

To whom it may concern,

While we have had our differences in the past regarding Germany, we will not stand for it to be divided by foreigners again. We will assist you with the full force of the Wehrmacht and Alvonian diplomatic corps.

- Director Markus Wilding

Edited by Markus Wilding

Noting the mobilization as well as the general controversial level of the move, the GCHQ had been placed on high alert along with the position to reinforce the protection against strategic surprise.  British assets were therefore able to intercept messages from the Austrians to the Dutch, sigint would be tasked with both decryption.

Movements:

With the fall of the current Hannover government a number of patriotic citizens felt it was their duty to rise up and maintain order within the now ungoverned land. Though there were numerous uprisings of civilian militias they were for the most part unconnected or only loosely supported by their nearest neighbors. Of these uprisings only the National Worker's Party in the newly proclaimed capital city of Hamburg were truly organised and equipped having earned and welcomed the support of local military units. While many other militias and groups of citizens may have taken to the streets in riots or such not the NWP would instead remain in either their homes or military bases to better plan their future.

When reports came in to Hamburg of British troops landing in the north and them claiming protectorate over the nation the news was met by some weariness but the leaders of the NWP felt that they would be able to communicate well with them due to previous cultural ties. As such the first contact with other European nations would be with the British as the following message was sent on open radio channels to them.

"Greetings to our esteemed British cousins,

My name is Klaus Von Steiner and I represent the National Worker's Party in Hamburg and across the rest of the nation. Following the collapse of our government we have stepped forth to take control and ensure order remains across the land and that the land and its people do not suffer. It is our hope that we can avoid the usual total collapse of a nation as usually occurs with the fall of a government and we do sincerely hope that we the National Worker's Party can work alongside the British government in forming a new government to bring the nation of Hannover back to a position of stability".   

Herr Von Steiner,

We are glad to see that there is not chaos, and were are proud to greet you as cousins.  We would welcome you to come to London, as well as any other parties who may be in Hannover to discuss how we can move forward on this issue.  It is our preference to see the Western Germans to have the right to continue to maintain their autonomy, particularly in the face of some very disturbing actions by continental powers lately.  

Signed,

Francis Urquehart

Herr Urquehart,

Thank you for your invitation I would of course be delighted to visit London and I shall arrange to do so after spreading the word through out the rest of Hannover. It is my hope that myself and my party may be at least able to gather a coalition of awakening party leaders and all work together to form one stable government. This process will of course take some time and so I shall contact yourself personally at a later date once everything is set and ready for the journey to London. For now I hope you will maintain your efforts to promote peace and stability through out the land. 

Signed,

Klaus Von Steiner

**Official Proclamation from the County of Hesse**

The sudden appearance of British soldiers on the Continent has sparked unrest among the Hessian population. But with the rise of an independent Hanoverian movement in the National Worker's Party, we are happy that German peoples are not falling into anarchy and chaos, even more so, we are happy that the territory shall stay in German hands. Further, we would like to invite the leaders of the Hanoverian Workers Party to Hesse as soon as possible, we have ideas for our country which may benefit all of Germany in the coming months and years.

It had taken some time but Klaus and the other sub leaders of the National Worker's Party had managed to swiftly travel across the country gathering the leaders of the other smaller parties who had swiftly been willing to follow and join with the NWP impressed by their organisation and people. Klaus would agree to fly out to London along with a handful of his staff to meet with the British, as the de facto leader of the NWP he was more than able to discuss and plan with the British on the future of Hannover. In the meantime he told the rest of the party to work with the British to keep the peace and ensure all went well and that they were given all the assistance they needed. As well as this preparations were to be put in place for Klaus' return so that he could meet with the leaders of the county of Hesse shortly after his return. 

The British Government would host the Hannover Delegation in 10 Downtown, with Prime Minister Urquehart leading the negotiation on the British side.  The prevailing view in the foreign office was that the emplacement of friendly relations in West Germany would be a strong counterweight to some of the more ambitious regional powers and a chance to introduce some order to the geopolitical balance in Europe.

Mr Steiner and his delegation would attend the meeting with the British promptly arriving on time and dressed in smart sensible business suits, they would travel to Number 10 and go inside to meet with the British Prime Minister. Mr Klaus Steiner would be heading the negotiations from the Hannover side and on coming face to face with Prime Minister Urquehart he would extend his hand in greetings to him. "Greetings, Prime Minister our thanks for hosting this meeting on such short notice".  

Classified

Back in the Hannover mainland military units loyal to the National Worker's Party have secured the military port facilities along the coastline, in doing so they discovered the presence of a full carrier strike group in port including the carrier HNS Hannover, two Aegis guided missile cruisers, the HNS Sachsen and Hamburg, a destroyer squadron consisting of four ships these being the HNS Brandenburg, Bayern, Augsberg and Erfurt, two attack class submarines, U31 and U32 and accompanied by the oiler and supply ship Elbe.

All of the above ships are now having crews assigned to them by the still remaining naval commanders of the Hannover Naval Command and are being brought up to a readiness where they can be put to sea. The reasons for this move being the steadily rising tensions in the European theater. 

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

"You are quite welcome.  Our two nations should be friends.  Something that began under Saxon rule then declined quite quickly I'm afraid.  And lately we need all the friends we can get.  To that we must look to Germany.  

We are glad to see you are getting back on your feet and we would like to propose a plan which I think will come to our mutual benefit.  The British Government would be prepared to reliquish formal sovereignty once full formal elections are held.  In the meantime we would like the propose and economic and customs union as well as a military partnership, this would eventually have the ability to be expanded to other countries.  There would be an elimination of tariffs between our two countries, freedom of travel for our citizens, and tax free flows of capital and investment. 

No doubt the German citizens have great manufacturing still, but I'd venture to guess that with the uncertainty you lost a lot of capital, whereas London is the greatest financial hub of the world.  Having our bankers and investers able to fund and profit from those factories as if they were located in Liverpool could only help your cause while making a few of our more prominent citizens very wealthy, as well as well let me be honest the British Treasury and the campaign coffers of the conservative party." he said jokingly.  "Not to imply any of this being less than transparent of course, or an arrangement that does not also benefit workers and subject to labor laws." the Prime Minister went on sipping tea.

"On the defense side, I fear I do ask for sacrifice, but sacrifice with hope.  You see in Europe today, the way I see it, we are divided, but not in ways many others portray it.  I see Europe today as a contest between those who wish to see all nations have an equal say in the formation of destiny, equal rights to claim protectorates, and equal rights to define what it is to be European and a citizen of the world, they stand for Freedom and Sovereign and Individual Rights. 

On the other, well I'm sure the chaps mean well but they have a bit of strategic blinders on and are too into their own self images to see what they are doing.  Every argument must start with the implicit notion they are morally right and the other is morally wrong, that they are entitled to a seniority of claims, etc.  that they do not have to talk to new states, they can invite others in from far away to impose morals at gunpoint.  And I'm deadly afraid, that should we the British, and I fear you too, remain isolated, independence and freedom means living at knife point. 

It is with this knowledge, of a time of great sacrifice maybe in the near future that we offer you a mutual defensive arrangement, knowing full well what that means.  Not to make war, but to prepare the defense of these great lands, for it is only through preparation that peace is achieved."

"I am glad to see that a lot of thought and effort has been put into this situation from yourselves and I must say everything you have described to me sounds more than reasonable. We would both stand to gain a lot from this and with further rumors of a war starting up once again in Europe I see no valid reason to afford any delays. I can and will grant full acceptance and agreement with everything you have proposed Mr Prime Minister and I intend to hold elections shortly once our work at ensuring the nation is in a stable enough position to carry them out is complete" replied Mr Steiner. 

"Is there anything you require from myself personally such as a signature on some paper document recording or is there anything else I can answer for you in regards to the developing situation?" he asked in return. 

"Merely that we hope for favorable relations and overtures between you and your brothers and sisters in Hesse and Prussia.  Let me show you a draft of the arrangement we have in mind."

Treaty of Mutual Friendship and Defense, Economic and Customs Union Between the United Kingdom and Hannover:

ARTICLE I

This Treaty shall be in compliance for full respect of the principles of Sovereignty, Friendship, and the goal of Non-Aggression between all states, though recognizing the threatening of force by some nation-states necessitates the ability and willigness to use force.

ARTICLE II

This treaty creates and economic and customs union between Hannover and the United Kingdom in all manners but monetary policy.  Goods between these countries, understood to include capital shall not be subject to extra taxation, duties, or regulations, that would not otherwise occur if the transactions were conducted within each country.  Citizens of both countries have the right to travel and work in each country.

ARTICLE 
III

The
 Parties
 will
 contribute
 toward
 the
 further
 development
 of
 peaceful
 and
 friendly
 international
 relations
 by
 strengthening
 their
 free
 institutions, international law,
 by
 bringing
 about
 a
 better
 understanding 
of
 the
principles 
upon
 which
 these
 institutions
are
 founded,
 and
 by 
promoting
conditions
of
stability
 and
 well‑being.
They
 will 
seek
 to 
eliminate 
conflict 
in 
their 
international
 economic 
policies
 and
 will 
encourage
economic
 collaboration
 between
them.

ARTICLE 
IV

The
 Parties,
 individually
 and
 in
 cooperation 
with
 each
 other,
 by 
means
 of
 continuous
 and
 effective
 self‑help 
and
 mutual 
aid
 will
 maintain
 and 
develop,
subject
 to
 their
constitutional
 provisions,
 their 
capacities 
to 
resist
 armed
 attack.  This may include intelligence sharing, and joint deployment of forces.

ARTICLE 
V

The 
Parties 
will 
consult 
together 
from 
time 
to 
time
 regarding
the
 implementation 
of 
this
 Treaty, 
and,
 at 
the
 request
 of 
either
 Party,
 whenever
 the
 security
of
 either party is threatened, or the regional or global peace.

ARTICLE VI

The Parties recognize that an attack either on the sovereignty of either power, or their armed forces or assets in the global commons resulting in excessive loss of life, property damage, or monetary losses, can constitute an attack on both powers.  Both powers will pledge assistance appropriate to the mission objectives decided by both powers necessary to defeat an aggressive actor and render their ability to future action unattainable.

ARTICLE VII

Both powers pledge to uphold this treaty in good faith.  Future treaty revisions require mutual consent of both governments.  This treaty enters into de facto effect when signed by appropriate constitutional officers of both parties, and becomes binding law when ratified by appropriate constitutionally designated legislative bodies.

Signed,

Klaus would read over the treaty being presented studying and checking each part in turn and finding them acceptable and would take out a pen to sign agreement for Hannover before returning the document to Prime Minister Urquehart. "Indeed you shall not have to worry about that Mr Prime Minister my schedule has already been arranged so that straight after this meeting I shall be flying out to the County of Hesse to meet with a representative of theirs". 

With negotiations complete with the British Klaus would shake the Prime Minister's hand agree to visit again some time and leave with his delegation for the airport. There they would board their plane and take off before flying to the County of Hesse for the next stage in the Hannover diplomatic relations. 

Polling booths and voting machines are being sent across the length and width of Hannover in the preparation for holding general elections for deciding which party should come to power in the government. The timetable for completion is estimated to be at least one month but elections shall not be held for at least three to allow all parties to run their election campaigns. 

The elections have been carried out and after being counted and checked again the results show that Klaus Steiner and his Worker's Party have won the general election. Mr Steiner has taken immediate control of the nation as per the office he is entitled too by winning the campaign. His first actions were to ready the ground and air military forces of the nation due to the escalating situation in Europe, he also made a government mandate that free and open trade will be carried out at all times with Britain and the County of Hesse. 

Today marked a major step forward for Hannover as a long time project that had been shut down in its final stages was reactivated. The Hannover space program had been almost ready to send an unmanned rocket into space when the last government closed it down to reduce the budget costs. Seeing space as the next frontier the new government reactivated the project and swiftly the new staff had the old rocket back in place. Country officials and citizens were over joyed to see the rocket take off and lift into the sky where it flew up and into low orbit where the instruments on board recorded a lot of important information which was broad cast back to the Hannover space control. Plans are now being drawn up to launch a manned flight next and hopefully from there to setting up a permanent space presence in orbit and beyond. 

Hannover ground forces have been moved to the southern edge borders and are gathering in strength and supplies for an as of yet unmentioned operation. The Hannover air force is being readied on their air fields and the civilian population is being advised to evacuate all areas all Hannover military bases.

Mobile launchers with long range missiles have been stationed around the nation in multiple locations away from civilian areas, the warheads for all the missiles at this time is conventional explosives only. 

A nuclear test warhead has been detonated in an underground testing chamber with acceptable results for the men and women who designed and produced the prototype warhead. Full production of nuclear warheads for long range missiles will be began immediately.   

Private

Klaus Steiner approached a podium placed in front of the assembled Hanover local press and looked over the collection of journalists with a measured eye, gripping the edges he smiled at them as the head commanders from each branch of the military walked up to and stood behind Steiner at attention. "Ladies and gentlemen of the press, you have been assembled here to hear a very important announcement from myself for which you will spread to the rest of the population of our nation. Quite simply ladies and gentlemen I am now claiming myself Klaus Steiner the First, Emperor of Hanover. I have the full backing of the military in this and I expect you all to follow with equal respect. Those of you that disagree with this will be punished and incarcerated, your homes and property forfeit, those that remain loyal shall be justly rewarded. That is all ladies and gentlemen you may now leave to spread the news. There will be no questions." 

Private

Classified

A classified military report on the current readiness and equipment of the Hanover military. 

Army: 

Soldiers: 521,000

Tanks: 8000 which are Abrams tanks and if anyone complains you can go to hell as I get to decide what tanks I am using not anyone else. 

Navy:

1 Carrier

2 Aegis Cruisers

4 Destroyers

2 Attack Submarines

10 Prowlers

72 F/A-18 Super Hornets

Air force:

18 Prowlers

20 B-1

240 F-15 Strike Eagles upgraded with LANTERN targeting pods and APG-63(V1) AESA and F-100 PW-229 engines.

60 Tu-22M

Classified Movements

The 20 B-1 aircraft have been flown northwards out of Hanover and out into the Atlantic using their speed and height to stay away from other nations and their units before flying up to Scotland and after receiving permission they landed in airbases there.