PM Beres' Trip to Petrograd

Euphaia

*PM Beres would arrive in Petrograd on his latest leg of his goodwill diplo visits.  He would arrive 15 minutes later at  the Foreign Ministry.*

Beres:  Jesus Christ, you will have to forgive me, but I've just received word of the clusterfuck that's just erupted back in Budapest.  THOUSUANDS of protestors, protesting the constant wars and the Eastern Bloc alliance for apparently causing them all.  Nothing like this has happened in years.

*Beres would shake Imran Markov's hand.*

Good to see you again, Premiere Markov, though I didn't think we'd meet again so soon. 

*Beres would than shake King Karl Gustaf's hand.*

A pleasure to meet you, Highness.   I am Prime Minister Beres, from Hungary-Slovakia.

*Beres would then take his seat, his head still spinning a little from the news of the fallout going on back at home.*

After greeting Mr. Beres and King Gustaf, Markov would pat his Hungarian-Slovak counterpart on the back. "This is a rather unfortunate situation over there. I hope it will be resolved peacefully," the Premier said sympathetically as he gestured at several chairs for his guests to sit on.

"Before we begin, do you want something to eat or drink? We have some of the finest vodka, if you'd like," he said with a smile.

"My god, what I wouldn't give for a good, stiff vodka right about now."

*Beres would thank Markov for the glass of vodka and down it pretty swiftly. A moment later, he would receive communication that the fallout in Budapest has taken another turn for the worst, and he would lose some of the color in his face.*

"I...I can't believe this is happening... .  After everything I have done for my country...my populace just...turns against me..."

Edited by Euphaia

The King returned the hand shake to the Prime Minister, and shook the hand of his good friend Premier Imran Markov's. He would listen as the Prime Minister and Markov talked about alcohol and the stuff that had been happening back in Hungary-Slovakia. He sit down so that he had good vision of both of them at the table, drinking some water that he had placed near him. "I must agree Markov, it is very unfortunate with what is happening in your nation, especially if the issue seems to be increasing. I am here because Markov spoke highly of you and told me that you had troubles, and I assure you that the Kingdom of Sverige is willing to help in this situation, however you deem it necessary."

"thank you, King Gustaf.  It appears war weariness from the constant wars the Eastern Bloc finds itself in, as well as the treatment of our government and nation by our once ally Romania, has caused quite a bit of resentment and anger in Budapest.  The citizens of Budapest will likely never forget nor forgive the mass destruction caused to their homes by what they view as a pointless and very costly war, that they believe was instigated by the Eastern Bloc.  I fear that as long as we remain in the Eastern Bloc, the unrest and fallout in Budapest will only continue to build.  We have suppressed news of the unrest as best as we can, but if it grows much more, I don't think we will be able to hide it much longer from the outside world.  

The only way, I fear, to calm the unrest, is for us to exit the Eastern Bloc.   Otherwise rioting and looting and police clashes will not be far behind.

The only trouble is, our exit will surely anger Romania and Prussia, both bigger in force than Hungary-Slovakia, and our closest ally, Belarus.   I fear that our exit will lead to retribution being brought upon both Hungary-Slovakia and Belarus."

The King would nod a bit as he listened to the story unfold before him before looking at Markov then back to Beres. "Well I don't think its right that any nation should feel like they are subject to another against their own will, and you should have the free right to choose its own foreign policy, and not feel threatened for moves that it makes for its people and its own well being to live as a free and peaceful state. If you so wish to leave this, what you call warmongering treaty organization called the Eastern Bloc, then you should, and you can do so knowing that the Kingdom of Sverige is willing to put forth its nation to defend yours should this action cause others to attack you. You can come under the Umbrella of Sverige's Protection to gain your own personal freedom."

"Alas, I have little choice.  It's either leave the Eastern Bloc, or there will be another "Arab Spring", so to speak, or worst yet a revolution such as what once happened in Egypt.  By gods, some are already calling for my head.

*Beres would receive word of Romanian mobilization and would lose even more color.*

"Hungary-Slovakia, and I would imagine Belarus, are now stuck between a revolution and a take over attempt by those we thought were allies."

Markov nodded in agreement. "My friend here is correct. Hungary-Slovakia should not be forced into any organizations against its will. It is my opinion that Hungary-Slovakia, as with all nations, has the right to conduct its foreign affairs for its People, not foreign nations. If the People of Hungary-Slovakia desire to cease their country's association with the Eastern Bloc, if their protests are any indication, then their voice should be heard. If your allies are not willing to respect that, then it may not be worth it to continue any association with them."

"Then we shall do so, before rioting and violence breaks loose.  No that the Romanian build up by our border is helping matters, only angering and destabilizing further.   They do not seem to realize that the Eastern Bloc's army and warmongering are the whole cause of this unrest.  Something will have to be done to remove Romanian forces, before the situation becomes completely uncontrollable."

"Well, at least there is some good news tonight, gentleman. The unrest has finally been quelled, and the Eastern Bloc has decided to cancel the Bloc Pact, in favor of just individual non-chaining MDPs amongst each other.  No more Bloc politics or Bloc actions.

That is not to say Hungary-Slovakia is no longer interested in better relations, and possibly individual NAPs and individual MDPS, with members of the Baltic Bloc.  We look forward to those still, in fact.  Only now that the Eastern Bloc will be amicably splitting while signing individual MDPs amongst former Bloc members, Hungary-Slovakia, and perhaps even Belarus, are in an even better position to freely pursue further relations with the Baltic Bloc that we may wish to."

Edited by Euphaia

Karl Gustaf would look over at Markov with a quizzical look at the mention of the Baltic Bloc. "I don't know of any Baltic Bloc? But we still are inclined to look forward to better relations, and a possibly treaty between our two nations. Muscovy and Sverige were in the works to upgrade our relations before this debacle had happened, and while we see that it is good news that the unrest is down, will it stay down when the treaties still exist, I am still inclined to offer you protection should the need arise, in a form of an Umbrella Treaty."

"Hungary-Slovakia would be glad of better relations with Sverige and Russia, and of their protection. I can sign individual MDPs with both Sverige and Russia, but the Hungarian populace is still very wary of signing anything that even resembles a bloc treaty. I cannot risk causing more unrest within Hungary-Slovakia.

Would the individual MDPs be acceptable to Sverige and Russia?"

Edited by Euphaia

"Well, this is good to hear that the situation has resolved rather peacefully," Markov said, inwardly vowing to find and eliminate anyone in the government who blabbed about the Baltic Bloc. "I suppose Russia will be open to the possibility of an update to a MDP with Hungary-Slovakia."

"I am more than willing to sign a blanket treaty, with no real formalities, and since I will be signing a treaty with Hungary today, Markov and I must finally get around to elevating our treaty to one that truly reflects our current standings as nations. I didn't quite come well prepared, but if need be, I would be more than willing pen up some drafts for us all to sign if you wish it of me." The King would smile as he leaned back in his chair.

He would pull out two already printed documents, one he would hand to Markov to sign with Hungary, and the other he would sign before sliding it over Bere's. "These are basic treaties to have individual treaties with Hungary. It is rather basic and plain, and if you feel anything else should be added feel free to bring it up."

Defense Agreement

Article 1

Both Signatories agree to exist peacefully with each other by agreeing not to raise arms against one another.

Article 2

Both Signatories agree to share intelligence with each other if that intelligence pertains to the safety and security of both signatories.

Article 3

Both Signatories agree to defend one another should the other come under attack from a foreign aggressor, this clause becomes optional should the other be attacked by being drawn into war through other treaty obligations.

Article 4

Both Signatories agree to have the optional ability to join in a war together against a third party should both signatories agree to do so together.

He would then proceed to draw out anther piece of paper that he signed his name to and slid over to Markov. "And this is our personal treaty to reflect current affairs between our two nations."

From Stockholm to Moscow

The Kingdom of Sverige and The Grand Duchy of Moscow/Russia shall hence forth be referred to as Signatories. Both parties agree to uphold the listed articles below.

Article 1

Both Signatories agree to exist peacefully without bearing arms against each other.

Article 2

Both Signatories agree to maintain open borders with each other, and maintain friendly trade relations between each other.

Article 3

Both Signatories agree to defend one another in the event the other is attacked aggressively. This clause becomes optional should the other be attacked as part of activating a treaty with a third party.

Article 4

Both Signatories agree to maintain an optional aggression clause, that allows for either signatory to activate the military portion of this treaty to help support the other nation in a war that they may have started, or have gotten themselves involved in.

Article 5

The Kingdom of Sverige agrees to remove all trade tariffs for the Russian Shipping passing through the Danish Straights.

"It has been a pleasure to meet you Prime Minister, and good to see you again Markov, now if you ill excuse me I should get going, intelligence has told me some things are brewing in the Balkans, and I should be getting back to Sverige to address any situational threats to my nation and its people, Markov we shall be in touch about this I am sure." With that Karl stood up and made his way out to head back to Stockholm.

Classified to Sverige

In response to aggression against our ally Yugoslavia, Hungary-Slovakia has mobilized half it's military and transported them to Yugoslavia's south.

We will be there solely for defensive purposes, and do not intend on opening fire unless we are opened fire upon or are engaged first.