An overture of sorts to the lesser world outside of Switzerland..

Captain Enema

The Swiss were used to the adorable little foreigners coming to Switzerland and leaving their money. No questions were ever asked about where the money came from, that was just bad manners. Never mind it was recently looted from the dead and dying hands of some African villagers who were machined gunned to death by the victorious armies of liberation. Bad business was and always shall be turning away any tinpot dictator with a few bloodstained dollars in their hands. 

Suffices to say, the Swiss government has made a few changes. The recent upheavals in Geneva and other major cities had pushed for a major nationwide vote. The vote had quietly given the Swiss Government power to act aggressively in defense or in support of a regional European ally. The question now became who were they to ally themselves with?

The obvious choice might have been France, but the it was decided to go with the Austrian Hungarians. Maybe it was their lack of bloodstained gold bars, diamonds, and other loot that has not seemingly made its way into the coffers of Swiss banks that drew the eye of the Swiss government. Maybe it was this and maybe the Swiss Prime Minister quietly put a bunch of different names on a dart board and threw darts between his legs with his eyes closed till he hit something.

To: Austria Hungary
Classified

Hell Froze Over, let's talk.

Ambassador Kopp, as well as his assistants, would be welcomed into the palace. The guards would be asked to wait, and would be treated to lunch elsewhere in the palace. Any armament the Ambassador and his assistants carried would be confiscated for the duration of the meeting. They would be brought to a lavish conference room, where Ambassador Althaus would be waiting. He smiled and walked over to shake Mr. Kopp's hand, "Welcome to Vienna, Mr. Ambassador. His Majesty is unfortunately delayed by a meeting at the War Ministry; I believe he will be able to meet with you in an hour or so. I've been asked to begin negotiations in his absence. I hope you understand."

After watching his men give up their government issued Swiss Army knives and pistols, Mr. Kopp had been wondering what was next. Would it be an anal probe or maybe a mamogram? While his diplomatic experience wasn't extensive, Mr. Kopp was well aware that the guards of diplomatic envoys weren't ever treated so shabbily. To separate him from his guards and to relieve them of his weapons put him on a much lower level and was an insult aimed directly at the Swiss government. Further, to be attended by a low level flunky versus the head of state himself wasn't saying all that much either. 

"I'm sorry, I must return to Switzerland, perhaps another meeting can be arranged at a later date," Prime Minister Kopp replied as he collected his guards, their effects, and took the first train back to Switzerland. 

Mr. Althaus raised an eyebrow, but bid the ambassador farewell, and wished him a safe journey home. This insult by Switzerland; the distrust of bringing guards to the Palace itself, as well as wasting the effective head of the Ministry of Foreign Affair's time, would be taken note of. To come all the way to the palace only to spit in the face of Mr. Althaus was clearly nothing more than an insult aimed directly at Austria-Hungary. Mr. Althaus made a mental note to inform His Majesty of this turn of events once he finished with his meeting at the War Ministry.

OOC: Okaaay? Last I checked people didn't bring armed guards directly to the meeting rooms with Monarchs. Not to mention that Althaus isn't a "low level flunky" given he's effectively the Minister of Foreign Affairs in all but name. But okay, sure.