Germany and the Austro-Hungarians

Dillon1102

A small letter was quickly delivered from the German high command to the Austrian government.

the letter read, "Dear leadership of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. We here in Germany would very much like to continue the alliance we once held and that was very dear to us. As such would you do me the honor of visiting Berlin? We hope to see a reply soon."

Kaiser Kranz

Private

Eventually, the letter would find its way to His Majesty, Otto von Habsburg's desk. He looked over the letter, and his mustache twitched at the complete ignorance of who was running the nation. "Easily five-hundred years of being in Austria, and they still don't know who runs this place? Hrm." He reached over to the telephone to his secretary and gingerly picked it up, "Yes, have Mr. Althaus sent to the Germans. The son, we don't need Mr. Althaus Sr. having a fit in front of this new, so-called Kaiser."

Private to the German High Command

Our premier diplomat, Mr. Gustaf Althaus, will be happy to meet you in Berlin. He will be sent over at once.

Mr. Althaus would be sent via train.

After the train carrying the diplomat arrived at the Lehrter Bahnhof in Berlin, he would be brought by car to the Imperial Palace. After being given a short tour through the palace the diplomat would be asked to wait in a medium sized room while the Kaiser finished up work. It wasn't too long of a wait as the kaiser felt the Austro-Hungarian Empire was a bit more important then everyday work. Kranz entered from the one of the two entrances in the room. At first glance no one would ever think that he was the leader of the Germans, he looked like a average German teen, but after closer inspection one would see that on his jacket he wore the insignia of Kaiser. Kranz strode over to Althaus, extended his hand, and smiled a genuine smile, "Mr. Althaus thank you very much for coming! I hope the train ride and subsequent car ride were not to terrible. After the debacle with France we found it imperative to connect with our old allies. Can I offer you anything to eat or drink?"

Ambassador Althaus firmly shook the Kaiser's hand, and politely shook his head at the offer, "No thank you, I'm fine. I had a brief meal on the train ride over. If you don't mind getting straight to buisness, what exactly do you envision between our nations? The Great War was quite the ordeal, His Majesty has been taking great steps to avoid a similar catastrophic war. Leaping into old alliances simply for the sake of them having existed before wouldn't exactly be in the spirit of a new Europe, though of course negociation is why I'm here."

The Kaiser frowned slightly as he heard the words 'Great War' although he regained himself. "Oh yes, the Great War, that was quite the catastrophe of which we have no intention of repeating. While Germany would love to have a mutual defense agreement with Austro-Hungary we know that we must earn it so for a start we want to sign a optional defense agreement. That in a few years can possibly be upgraded to a mutual defense agreement. Now that we have stated our side we would like to hear yours."

Edited by Dillon1102