Spanish-German relations

Greywall

The German delegation would be taken to the Presidential Palace within Madrid, it has stood for over a century becoming the home to every Spanish leader since its construction. Miguel Prada would take over the meeting as Mendoza was busy obviously with the crisis underway in Cuba. "Welcome to the Spanish Empire, I hope your trip was pleasant"

Upper-Belvedere-Palace.jpg

Home to the most powerful man in Spain

Prada tilted his head chuckling, "we do what we can, the revolution hit this city hard but we've come a long way"

He pointed to chair in the common room, "please have a seat may I offer you wine or perhaps whiskey? And what my Kaiser shall we discuss?"

Kranz laughed at the Spaniards remark while he took the seat offered to him. After hearing the question poised to him he became confused. "Senor Prada, Spain called Germany here so shouldn't I be asking you the same question? But for the sake of time I will just answer. Germany answered Spains'  call for diplomacy because we would like to institute an alliance between our two countries. Hopefully, this is agreeable to Spain?" Kranz took a sip of the water brought to him.

Prada blushed in embarrassment, "apologies, it has been a long week". He sat across from the Kaiser folding his leg up and drinking thewine he poured himself. "I do believe our regime would welcome an alliance with Germany. How is optional defense and aggression sound for now?"

Prada leaned in forward looking the Kaiser in the eye, "Spain will do whatever in its power to preserve the Italian state as long as the Italians are willing to do what is necessary and take the diplomatic solution". Prada leaned back his eyes still locked on the Kaiser, "Our regime will fight along its allies but only for wars and conflicts that threaten the peace of our political sphere, not barking threats over territory that cannot be acquired militarily."