Second Coming

Greywall

Colonial-Spanish-Flag.jpg

"Further Beyond"

Four years ago Spain fell into civil war, its republic had failed to contain the threat of Carlos Mendoza a radical and founder of the Contra Party. Within months the Contras had seized half of the country and had uprisings in the colonial territories. With the civil war looking to go into full swing, General Diego Padron head of the Spanish military betrayed the republic and brought the entire might of the Spanish military to Mendoza seizing the capital within days and ending the war. Mendoza had every member of Parliament killed calling them 'traitors' and installed himself as head of state of the Second Spanish Empire. 

Government: Fascist 

Head of State: Carlos Mendoza

Currency: Peseta

State Religion: Catholicism

Edited by Greywall

PRIVATE

Inquisition 

General Padron walked up alongside the 5th rifle regiment of the 3rd army inspecting them closely. He made sure everything was perfect, scolding young privates who had creases in their uniform or having a rifle not cleaned enough. Years of seeing the army neglected by the old Republic had made him bitter but this was the Imperial Army now, and he was intent on making it a fighting force worthy of recognition. 

But the operation they were about to launch wasn't a military one, it was to clean out the rats, in this small town West of Gibraltar were several known supporters of the Republic. They were trying to secure a way across into Africa and flee into French territory, it made sense, the Imperial Army had locked down the French-Spanish border ever since Mendoza took over the country. Those first few months where many tried to flee to the neighboring republic of France...bloody times. And now Padron was about to order his men to enter a town and flush out the remnants of the old Republic. "Dead, all of them. Some will be armed, other will not. Kill em all the same as they said once....God will sort them out" and with that 5,000 men dashed down the hill overlooking the town and stormed it with a fury no man should ever hope to see. The town had 200 residents living in it, had, by the end of the day only three were confirmed member of the underground. Such were the days that had come, the Empire hunting down anyone who spoke against Mendoza and his Contras..and burning everyone in between.  

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-E20569-21,_SpanienInspection before the slaughter 

Madrid Radio

PUBLIC

"The Imperial Army seized a rebel compound today destroying supporters of known terrorist groups who would dismantle our great and powerful empire. Our brave men in the field continue the hunt for any supporters of the corrupt republic that defiled our great nation. Long live Mendoza, our new founding father and long live the Spanish Empire. This has been Madrid Radio, signing off."

General Factbook

Soldiers within the Imperial army receive two weeks of intense training, majority of the armed forces are equipped with the Kar 98k bolt action rifle, few have access to the MP18 submachine gun and the Vickers mounted machine gun. 

The primary fighter craft for the Imperial air force is the F2A-Buffalo, pilots must pass an entrance exam, flight test and are expected to do repairs to their fighter craft. Imperial pilots are held in high regard within Imperial Spain. Bombing craft are primarily Savoia-SM.81s or Piaggio P.108 heavy bombers. 

The primary battle tank is a copy of the Panzer II, light tanks are Mark VIIIs left over from World War I and the civil war. 

Edited by Greywall

Classified

Mendoza has approved a chemical weapons program and ordered the stockpiling of mustard gas shells due to the growing encroachment of French and British interests across Gibraltar. In his own words, "If they want land they can drown in their own blood and suffocate in mists of poison". Along with this stockpile comes the order to construct five new railguns. 

The-18in-railway-howitzer-011.jpg

"Now I become death, destroyer of worlds"

Public

The Spanish Imperial army held a large military parade in the streets of Madrid, over 40,000 troops in full gear and uniform accompanied by 300 tanks and 250 officers on horseback. The display was part of a growing concern within the Spanish regime over French expansion in Africa and British ships seen off the coast, the Imperial Navy has been ordered to observe the British and French ships and protect the port of Gibraltar and any Imperial trading transports. 

pnp290724.jpg

The recent gaff in Morocco has only given the Mendoza regime and the Contras more support from the Spanish people. 

Edited by Greywall

Classified

(1/7)Several Contra agents have successfully entered Cuba and have begun working their way into the internal political system of the territory. Along with inciting support for a Cuban Contra party, they have sewn the seeds for a puppet government that will hopefully lead to the annexation of the former Spanish territory. 

Madrid Radio

"Greeting comrades, I am your host Fernando Guevara, and this your daily news radio program. Our great leader, Carlos Mendoza, announced today the construction of several new munition factories to pump more jobs into our economy. Sign-ups for these jobs will be posted at your local processing center, starting pay is 2 pesetas hourly, no additional benefits. Hurry now and sign a five year labor contract with these factories before time runs out! Also we have received word that the British Empire and French Republic have avoided what would have been a war over the territory of Morocco, the feeble British ran off after the over expansive French threatened them. Rest assured our leader would not bend to such bottom feeders as the French. That is all for now friends, tune in next time for your state run news program."

shell-caps-421425.jpg

Worker at one of the new Spanish munitions factories

(Classified Cuba 2/7)

Contra agents have established a Cuban branch with a rather large following, the current Cuban government has allowed the healthcaresystem to fall apart and Cuban political power has dropped immensely since the United states fell. However their is already a growing anti Spanish movement pressed against the party who feel the empire is trying to re colonize the island.

​Spain unveils military might

Mendoza has kept his word on bulking Spanish military power. The Spanish Imperial army unveiled their version of the Panzer IV, armed with a KwK 37 7.5 cm canon and 2 9.92mm mounted machine guns this monster will bring relentless brute force to the Imperial Army. Along with it is the Imperial Airforce's new toy the BF-109, this fighter is five times what the FA2 was and is capable of being deployed quickly and engaging targets. The navy also unveiled the first Imperial aircraft carrier which is help protect Spanish colonies. 

bf109e3-1.jpg

Edited by Greywall

Classified

Cuba Annexation (3/7)

Riots rip apart Cuba, starting after anti Spanish groups burned down a political office in Havana, these riots have destabilized the Cuban Republic and given significant power to Pro Contra forces. The Cuban Contra party has formed its own militia and gained support from the military, if things don't calm down it could result in all out civil war. So far Contras have avoided Guantanamo bay which is occupied by the CSA, Cuban forces have mobilized and plan to crush the political party now before it becomes a problem. Spanish fishing ships have been smuggling small arms and explosives to the Contras to help take over the territory. 

Soviet_Military_Imperialism-339x245.jpg

The Cuban army is being deployed against the Contra uprising, rumors are circling around that several generals have been bribed to defect to the Contra party. 

Cuba (4/7)

Civil war is now inevitable, the Cuban nationalist front has assembled 56,000 armed troops and seized eastern Cuba. Their capital of Santiago has been turned into a fortress. Phillip Hernandez has been identified as the head of the CNF and has declared himself head of state of a new Cuba.

Classified

Spanish ships bringing in weapons and supplies to aid Hernandez have been coming into Cuba nonstop ever since Santiago fell.

Ooc:taking out 56,000 infantry from my overall troop count for Cuban forces.

Cuba (5/7)

Cuban nationalist launched a series of vicious attacks on the Cuban republic forces making headway into the central provinces, a siege on Havana is imminent, Cuban nationalist forces also struck a critical blow by launching aerial bombardments on the Cuban fleet rendering it immobilized and stranding republic forces on the western half while cutting off supplies.

Classified

The Spanish imperial fleet has sailed to the Atlantic and is off shore the eastern coast of Cuba.

Public

Imperial Spain will send it's fleet to insure the Cuban nationalist are free to continue their struggle from prying American forces.

*Classified*

Several transport planes carrying a total of one thousand Mexican paratroopers flew over Central Cuba. This would form the first vanguard force to place a firm Mexican presence into the Cuban crisis. In the cover of darkness, the vanguards would begin creating rudimentary defenses and identify themselves to fleeing Republican forces as allies. It would be in the mountains of Central Cuba that the Nationalists received their first taste of actual defense.

*Public*

With negotiations pending for a British military withdrawal from the Caribbean and total withdrawal from Jamaica, Spain and the Cuban Nationalist Forces have twenty-four hours to surrender and withdraw from Cuba. If this deadline is not met, the next negotiations will be held in Spain and the consequences will be more severe for the Contra Regime.

Classified 

Spain was baffled, Great Britain turned yellow and negotiated without telling them. Mendoza not willing to fight a war across the Atlantic decided the only course was to withdraw. The Cuban Nationalist Front would be on its own, but however long they remained would be up to the Mexican's ability to actually fight a conflict. He would now be looking at the island of Britain, if the cowards cave so easily to commitment now perhaps...

Public

"The Empire of Spain has decided that after careful deliberation that Cuba is no longer a viable territory to protect, all Spanish forces on the island and all naval forces patrolling its waters shall leave for Europe within the next few days. What the Cuban Nationalist Front does however is out of our power, they are an independent force we were merely supporting but it appears that paranoid dogma and the thoughtless desire to refuse a people to better themselves has prevailed this day."

Spanish forces began evacuating Eastern Cuba, the carrier ISS Jarlsberg made its way of the Caribbean leading the Imperial fleet along with all the troops that were stationed in Cuba. However the Nationalist Front would continue its fight, now against the Mexican forces.

Canary Islands (1/5) 

The Imperial Navy has landed 5,000 troops to retake the islands, resistance was light but landfall was made. Imperial forces have captured local leaders and imprisoned them installing a military governor over the islands. Plans are to make the islands a resupply base for Spanish forces flowing between Spanish Guiana and Spain.

Portugal (1/5)

Contra agents have slipped into Portugal and have begun influencing their political party into the Portuguese state. Though slow at first, definite signs of growth have shown as with the Old Republic no longer being around, Portugal has been isolated in European politics and several believe that entry into the Empire would give them the proper representation they deserve.

Mauritania (0/5)

Spanish troops have halted at the border under direct orders from Carlos Mendoza. Negotiations with the French government will take place to discuss the territory. 

Canary Islands (2/5)

Spanish ships coming from the Caribbean have ported at the Canary Islands locking them down, Spanish Contra officials have installed new officials to run the islands day to day affairs. A new shipyard is under construction to project Imperial power along the African Coast. 

Portugal (2/5)

Contra supporters have flooded Lisbon demanding special elections to remove the current administration, Portuguese government officials are at a loss at what to do, the Portuguese military has been mobilized expecting all out rebellion. 

Madrid Radio

"Welcome to Madrid Radio, I am Fernando Guevara, today our Empire continues to move forward from the gaff with the lowly Mexican pigdogs. Our brave forces are expanding our borders in Africa and we have word that Portugal has finally woken up from its stupor and wants to pledge itself to the Empire and.....wait.....BREAKING NEWS! Several bombs have been detonated in the Capital just now. Casualties are expected to be in the hundreds and....is...is this right?...it appears our leader Carlos Mendoza was in the blast along with General Diego Padron. They were....pull the...ok it seems we need to go off the air here is some music"

Private

Bombs had ripped apart Madrid, the intensity of the blasts rocked the city. Mendoza has assembled several members of the party along with General Padron to a meeting to discuss the possibility of striking back at the Mexicans for removing them from Cuba. As soon as they assembled a cloud of fire engulfed the room, Mendoza had lived, he was taken to a secret location to be treated for wounds and several burns. Padron, along with several senior members of the Contra party were all dead. The Contra party was literally gutted. Before being put under for surgery to remove shrapnel from his body he gave orders to his remaining officials, "She did it, kill the bitch". 

Meanwhile, in Southern Iberia. A group called the Rebel Alliance to restore the Republic, sent out messages via telegraph detailing some of their own have gone rogue putting the rebellions' underground movement at stake.

Public

Terrorist have bombed Madrid killing over 78 citizens and reports have released that some government officials were caught in the blast. Imperial agents stated they will find the people responsible for such a vile act.

Canary Islands (3/5)

The Canary Islands have become under full Spanish control, but several pirates operating near the area have tried raiding Spanish trade ships South of the Islands coming out of Spanish Guiana. Four Spanish Destroyers and a sub were sent to crush the pirates who were operating out of an old oil tanker and using Fokker C.V fighter planes. The 17th African interceptor squadron has been ordered to raid their bases along the Western coast.

Portugal (3/5)

Portuguese military forces have opened fire on crowds of protesters supporting the Contra party, while a minor setback it has sent shock waves throughout the nation and caused immense support for the Nationalist movement. Thousands are now joining the movement along with members of the Portuguese military. Portugal is on the verge of all out civil war.

Private

With General Padron dead and almost half of the Nationalist party gone, Mendoza had to act quickly to prevent the government from falling. Appointing several young members of the Contra party and making General George Arenas the new head of the Imperial Army. Arenas is a risky appointment, he isn't known to be a supporter of the Contra's or Mendoza but he's the best tactician around and the only man capable of taking over the military. 

Mendoza lost the use of his left leg, now forced to use a cane he couldn't believe what happened. But he didn't have time to dwell on it, he needed blood spilled on the other side and there was a man who owed him a debt. Prada came running in the room Mendoza was waiting in, west wing of his Presidential Palace "Sir he's here"

Mendoza pulled a small recorder from his pocket and waved at Prada who in turned brought in a bearded man. It was the man only known as the viper, an infamous Bolshevik sniper.

Mendoza: "Do you know why I called you here?"

Viper: "I guess its time to collect on your debt?"

M: "Don't get cute with me, you would have been dead if I didn't spare you from getting hung on that tree along with the other communist pigs that came here to kill me" 

V: "I don't need to be reminded of why I owe you, only of what I need to do so that I may...never grace you with my presence" 

M: laughing "I have a target for you, I need her killed soon as you can"

V: "I really hope this isn't some whore you knocked up, they have doctors for that"

Mendoza threw a folder at the Viper, in it was a picture and personal file on Mexican President Amalia Solorzano

M: "Her"

V: "....."

M: "There a problem?"

V: "She's going to be a pain to get to, I have to secure passage into Mexico via third party, cross into the country illegally, secure my weapons on site...very problematic."

M: "this bitch killed General Padron, ten of my closest aides and almost killed me. If you don't take her life, I will take yours"

The Viper paused for a bit, if anyone could have him killed, it was Mendoza. He could send anyone to take out the President but he did this to call on a favor.

V: "i'll leave tomorrow, there's a fishing boat heading to Florida, I will need fake ID at least some Mexican and CSA currency to make it work"

M: "done, now get going"

With that the Viper left, and Mendoza ended the recording, "Aidos, puta" 

C098762thumb.jpg

The only known photo of Alexander Makarov aka the Viper, taken during the Great war when he was a member of the Tsar's army.

Public

"Welcome to Madrid Radio, this is your host, Fernando Guevara. The terrorist attack from yesterday has rocked our proud and noble empire, our brave leader Carlos Mendoza survived the attack but I am sad to say that one of the founders of the Second Empire General Diego Padron is dead. Newly appointed General George Arenas now takes over the Imperial Army and will hopefully hunt down these savage terrorist who must be rebel bandits seeking to weaken our empire. Be safe everyone, and now some music before the lovely Ms. Lewis takes over."

S005.jpg

"You have a difficult task in your hands, protect our empire at all costs"

Canary islands (4/5)

After a series of devastating strikes from the imperial navy and airforce, the pirates along the western African coast have been eradicated. Imperial patrols along the coast are now a normal operation to protect ships from all nations from pirates.

Portugal (4/5)

Civil war has broken out in Portugal, Lisbon has fallen to nationalist and Spanish intervention is imminent. Several Portuguese are trying to flee the country across the Atlantic but Spanish ships have blockaded the coast cutting off all trade. This morning at 9:05 am two nd109 fighters attacked a convoy believed to be carrying the president of Portugal reports indicate that all in the convoy are dead.

Canary islands (5/5)

Total control of the islands are now within Spanish terms. Several Spanish subs patrolling the Atlantic now report to the islands following up operations near south America and the African coast.

Portugal (5/5)

The Portuguese civil war has come to an abrupt end after it was confirmed that the Portuguese president was killed in a air raid. Spanish intervention forced remaining Portuguese forces fighting against the nationalist to surrender. Spanish troops and tanks marched into Lisbon and established full control toward the empire. Portugal is now part of the new empire.

Public

Carlos Mendoza continues to state that diplomacy should take place over the Tunisian crisis. Spain is now in the middle of a growing conflict involving a treaty partner, he has however made it very clear that British warships will not blockade Imperial vessels. The Spanish have merely called for a peaceful resolution and will not be bullied by Anglo-Saxon aggression on their borders. 

Classified 

The entire Imperial army is now mobilized and prepared for war, the nation stands at defcon 2, 2,000,000 imperial troops are now active and 1700 fighter craft stand at the ready to repel enemy aerial assaults. 

The city of Gibraltar is being turned into a fortress with much of the southern shoreline being fitted with barbed wire and pillboxes, large coastal guns near the city now point at British ships passing by and several bunkers have been cleared out for citizens who won't be able to escape in the event war breaks out. Spain was ready, but not exactly willing to fight a war with nothing to gain. 

Juno_beach_75mm_cannon_bunker_1.jpg

Coastal gun near the city limits of Gibraltar, various traps and numerous Imperial ships are now flooding near the coastline. 

panzer2.jpg

Spanish Panzer near the French-Spanish border, over 500 Panzer IV's are now near the border along with 500,000 combat troops awaiting orders from Madrid. 

Edited by Greywall

The British ships that were nowhere near Gibraltar and were near Morocco, would remain unphased as news reached them of the Spanish sailors mooning the wolfpacks moving into the Med.

Public Statement

British warships have made no effort to blockade Spain and are currently at anchor off French held Morocco in the Atlantic ocean.

Classified

Spanish forces along the French border have dug in trenches directly 5 miles behind the Spanish line, over 400 artillery guns including the new railguns have been positioned to hit targets over in the French border. Aerial patrols continue to persist within Imperial airspace, long range bombers continue to be prepped for flight, all out war with France and Great Britain continue to be options on the table but Carlos Mendoza is pressuring the Italians for diplomacy. 

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-216-0417-26_Russl

Imperial troops five miles behind the border have dug in and are fully prepared to defend the Empire either within the trenches or assaulting the French border.

Public

The Imperial navy has unveiled its newest ship in the fleet, a dreadnought class battleship. The massive ship dubbed the ISS El Cid is over 823 ft long, has a crew of 400, a new powerful engine that can propel itself up to 30 knots and enough firepower to fight off a small fleet. The El Cid will replace the ISS Patino the oldest ship in the fleet. 

hms_vanguard_sm.jpg

Out with the old...

30450-004-AB076CBC.jpg

...in with the new.

OOC: El Cid class dreadnoughts are basically Bismark battleships, argue it in the OOC thread if there's something that bothers anyone about it but its all 30's tech.

• 3 months later...

Following the second collapse Spain had retained itself as a major military power. Panzer tanks and thousands of heavily armed and well trained soldiers had kept the empire secured.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-711-0427-04,_Ober

Spanish Panzer checking in on a small village outside of Gibraltar. 

Spainish forces entered large scale exercises today preparing for numerous combat situations in which the empire was attacked. Public opinion over another tax hike has remained once again silent to pay for the modifications being made to the imperial fleet as the el cid class warship enters service in full force.

Reports of Spanish agents once again in Cuba are on the rise as contra supporters flood Havana demanding entry into the empire.

Massacre in Havana

Hundreds of contra supporters have once again risen in Cuba threatening another civil war in the war ravaged nation. Contra Cubans attacked and slaughtered members of the Cuban territorial government causing chaos to flood the streets of Havana as all out war breaks out. Spain has declared its support for the second contra rebellion and is determined to see Cuba join the empire.

(1/7)

Contra supporters begin butchering key members and supporters of Cuba's government seizure of Havana could be imminent. Resistance forces have fled the capital in a desperate attempt to fight off the uprising. Spanish warships are closing in on Cuba once more and transports filled with supplies are making their way to the island.

Cuba

(2/7)

With Spanish supporters flooding the countryside, Cuban loyalist to their old government have entrenched themselves against the Contras. With Spain's increased presence nearby in Florida however, Spanish aircraft began aiding Contra forces as bombing missions level loyalist forces. Contra forces have laid siege to the city of Santa Clara.

Following their support of the south east tribes, Spain has ejected German officials from the empire. 

Cuba

(3/7)

With Spanish support. Cuban loyalist were quickly overwhelmed, Santa Clara was utterly destroyed by air raids launched from air craft carriers and 10,000 Spanish troops landed on the east coast putting loyalist on a two front war. Several Cuban towns in the west surrendered quickly and contra rebels launched a massive assault on loyalist forces in central Cuba. Being flanked on both sides, loyalist forces are fighting a desperate battle for survival as Spain ups the ante for control of the island.