Mass Effect Rp

Greywall

So would anyone be interested is doing a mass effect rp? We could work out a system where I game stats determine how many planets you can colonize, how many ships you have have, troops etc and how effective your technology can be. Just an idea.

You people fucking baffle me. How can you take a rich universe like Mass Effect, ripe for exploration, a brilliant environment for great character interaction and development, and be like 'lol let's shit all over all of this with some bullshit national RP'.

ffs is nothing sacred

It was a joke.

Well, partially a joke. I really don't think Mass Effect lends itself well to a nation-building RP, especially not the way it's done here (ie, not so much RP as slapping together a bunch of shit you read on the internet and calling it military development and then sending off a diplomat for some meaningless diplotalk), but I've definitely seen some pretty excellent Mass Effect character roleplays that didn't succumb to the usual pitfalls of a 'fanfiction' roleplay.

Or people can do the thing that some of us do (and I know it's crazy, but stay with me for a minute), and include characters in their national RP. It's not like Mass Effect didn't include large, national spanning, events within which characters developed. And it's not like that's impossible to RP.