Way to increase CNTE users

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, the time honored TE tradition of making a dozen or so variations on "SE rewards for participation" and all its many varied faces. We've done this for, what, 10 rounds now?

It can't be that hard to implement. Should be as simple as, if your TE nation is registered to the same email as your SE nation, you are eligible for the rewards. Shouldn't be hard at all to set up. Some things I can see being more problematic than others (the oh so popular lv 10 planes comes to mind) but things like a wonder for playing several rounds would be awesome.

At this point I'm done suggesting specific rewards, I've done that enough. Please, admin, just pick a few and go with it. We've been requesting this forever.

i would love to see a diffrent update time ive been hoping for a change in update for 8 years now ....

this 1am update really screws me up ..

im still going to play TE always will but a change would be nice

Okay, I lied.  I said I wasn't going to do this but it's New Years Eve so... what the hell.  Formatting added because, well, I'm drinking alone tonight and have nothing better to do.

Requirements for prize eligibility: your CN:TE email address must match your CN:SE email address.  The games are so similar that the database' email fields could then be compared directly.  Doesn't match?  Well, you agreed to the terms, so that's on you.  Try again next round.  You have to play at least 2/3 of the round; including the end of the round.  Build at least 1.5k infra, reach at least 10,000 casualties, and purchase at least 4 wonders (this will discourage alliances from having people sign up as "tech raid farms" or just as trade zombies, so that their alliance can reap the collective benefits of individual bonuses.

Two classes of rewards: One based off of percentiles; these could be applied as events that recipient nations would all receive in their SE nation:

1. Top 50%: +2 Happiness and +$2.00 Income for the duration of the NEXT round.
  2. Top 25%: -5% Infra Purchase Cost, -5% Infra Upkeep Cost for the duration of the NEXT round.
  3. Top 15%: +5% population for the duration of the NEXT round.
  4. Top 10%: +2 Environment, +100 Crime Prevention Score for the duration of the NEXT round.

The other would be based off hard numbers and would be permanent rewards.

1. Top 100 nations: 200 tech credited to your SE nation.
  2. Top 50 nations: 500 tech credited to your SE nation.  I imagine a LOT of people will play just for this one and the top 100 one.
  3. Top 10 nations: Choice of one of three wonders constructed in your nation (these would be new wonders).  Having three separate wonders will keep the competition fresh; plus, if someone finishes top 10 two rounds in a row they don't end up getting no reward.  Examples below:
  • Orbital Missile Platform - Allows you to launch a third cruise missile each day, reduces the effectiveness of enemy missile defenses for your cruise missile strikes by -25%.
  • National Propaganda Office - Reduces the effects of negative events by -50%, +50 crime prevention score, +100 spy capacity.
  • Civil Defense Program - If you're nuked, 50% chance for each of the following to occur: Reduce infrastructure damage by -20%, Reduce tech damage by -20%, Reduce land damage by -20%.  (each of these is calculated separately)

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEARS, PLANET STEVE

PARTY HARD

p7t4rsX.gif

I'm pretty sure most TE players don't make update. You miss out on a few advantages like quad blitzing but you can still have fun and it won't affect the outcome of the war too much if anything in most cases as you'll always have your update active users on. Flipping the times would be the only fair way to do it but its just more annoying than anything having to readjust times every 7 days or so. 1am is a bit extreme though, I'm sure if that is the North/South American time which i assume have a large base, they could pull that time a few hours back, depending on how it changes other update times of the wold and based on number of users or potential users.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I lied.  I said I wasn't going to do this but it's New Years Eve so... what the hell.  Formatting added because, well, I'm drinking alone tonight and have nothing better to do.

Requirements for prize eligibility: your CN:TE email address must match your CN:SE email address.  The games are so similar that the database' email fields could then be compared directly.  Doesn't match?  Well, you agreed to the terms, so that's on you.  Try again next round.  You have to play at least 2/3 of the round; including the end of the round.  Build at least 1.5k infra, reach at least 10,000 casualties, and purchase at least 4 wonders (this will discourage alliances from having people sign up as "tech raid farms" or just as trade zombies, so that their alliance can reap the collective benefits of individual bonuses.

Two classes of rewards: One based off of percentiles; these could be applied as events that recipient nations would all receive in their SE nation:

• Top 50%: +2 Happiness and +$2.00 Income for the duration of the NEXT round.
  • Top 25%: -5% Infra Purchase Cost, -5% Infra Upkeep Cost for the duration of the NEXT round.
  • Top 15%: +5% population for the duration of the NEXT round.
  • Top 10%: +2 Environment, +100 Crime Prevention Score for the duration of the NEXT round.
The other would be based off hard numbers and would be permanent rewards.
  • Top 100 nations: 200 tech credited to your SE nation.
  • Top 50 nations: 500 tech credited to your SE nation.  I imagine a LOT of people will play just for this one and the top 100 one.
  • Top 10 nations: Choice of one of three wonders constructed in your nation (these would be new wonders).  Having three separate wonders will keep the competition fresh; plus, if someone finishes top 10 two rounds in a row they don't end up getting no reward.  Examples below:
  • Orbital Missile Platform - Allows you to launch a third cruise missile each day, reduces the effectiveness of enemy missile defenses for your cruise missile strikes by -25%.
  • National Propaganda Office - Reduces the effects of negative events by -50%, +50 crime prevention score, +100 spy capacity.
  • Civil Defense Program - If you're nuked, 50% chance for each of the following to occur: Reduce infrastructure damage by -20%, Reduce tech damage by -20%, Reduce land damage by -20%.  (each of these is calculated separately)
Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEARS, PLANET STEVE

PARTY HARD

p7t4rsX.gif

I like this