Way to increase CNTE users

Like king james said, players will play for wonders or improved wonders. For example, if they get in top 100 or certain nation strengh u have to have, they could have a Internet wonder from pop happ 5% to 10%. When they get in top 10 it could be a better wonder improvement like SDC could change the 10% to 15% and if they finish number 1 they could have extra 5 nukes on their MP

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be willing to provide a bonus to the top 100 nations that finish based on NS, such as a free $10 donation bonus in Standard Edition, but the logistics would be a nightmare. Players often use different user names from their TE accounts and dealing with and keeping up with 100 top users would be difficult. So, while I'm for this idea, I'm not sure the best way to go about it.

Create a way for it to be simpler to make a TE nation from your SE nation where it uses the same ruler and nation name.  Only nations who link their TE nation and SE are eligible for the bonus.

Or, have the bonus for winning the round be enormous amounts of tech; like 1K or 2K SE tech for winning the round to be distributed in packs of 250 tech (so can be split to four nations or eight nations of the winners choice).  The super tier nations in SE have an advantage and a great way to help people cut into that advantage is to provide a way to obtain tech faster than those nations.

Simple: On the sign up page where you create a TE nation, ask people to include their Standard Edition nation links (and make it optional)

I'm not sure on making it a donation specific bonus though. A lot of players (such as myself) already do donation deals or donate themselves, and it wouldn't be possible to fit those donation bonuses in on top of your current deal (especially since the biggest bonus from donation deals is the wonder reset, which the $10 doesn't give)
I don't mean to sound whiny "because it wouldn't help me" or anything, but there are some compatibility issues that would be raised between those donations and any donations currently being made, and I'm sure other users would run into these issues too.

We can use the same system as the referral system we use in CN Standard.
I dont really know the technical stuff but if you can manage referrals for 8000 nations then you can also manage it for 500-1000 nations.

A top 100 bonus/prize/wonder enhancement works if we are looking to bring significant numbers of people to TE. I don't see how it could be anything other than a final NS marker, since people would probably just create inactive accounts to get to 30 days. The goal is to bring people in and give them incentive to play at a high level. It's not like the people who already play TE and SE would roll over for the infra huggers anyway--we'd be kneecaping them left and right :p

What I really like is a tiered prize system that hooks people.

Top 75-100--$10 bonus

Top 50-74--$20 donation bonus

Top 25-49--Enhanced wonder that lasts in SE for 30 days

Top 2-24--Enhanced wonder that lasts in SE for 60 days

Top Spot--Big Tech bonus.

I don't play SE so I don't have a dog in the fight. I know that is a lot of prizes to give out, but we need to bring give those big alliances in SE incentive to send people here and keep them coming back. A prize structure like the one above would have something for the newbies to SE and real incentives for the big guys...not to mention stuff for the people who already play TE and could suddenly become a sort of power player in SE with their bonuses. 

What about the few people like me. I am a noob at this game. I have only played it for 8 months if that. My SE nation is only at 8k since I have just started playing the game. I think you should be able to choose what prizes you want. For example...

Top 101-250 -- $5 bonus or $5 million or 100 tech

Top 76-100 -- $10 bonus or $10 million or 200 tech

Top 51-75 -- $20 bonus or $15 million or 300 tech or 600 infra

Top 26-50 -- Exclusive SE wonder or $30 bonus or $25 million or 500 tech

Top 11-25 -- Boosted wonder for 120 days or Exclusive SE wonder or $50 million

Top 4-10 -- Boosted wonder for 120 days or Exclusive SE wonder or $50 million or 1k tech

3rd place -- Boosted wonder for 120 days or Exclusive SE wonder or $100 million or 1k tech

2nd place -- Boosted wonder for 120 days or Exclusive SE wonder or $250 million or 1.5k tech

1st place -- Boosted wonder for a year or Special Edition SE wonder or $500 million or 2.5k tech

That way if a noob nation were to have some beginner's luck and do really well they could have a choice rather than being stuck with a wonder bonus for something they don't even have.  Also, it would give some of the top nations a chance to catch back up with all of the really powerful DBDC nations.

Edited by Top Gear

What about the few people like me. I am a noob at this game. I have only played it for 8 months if that. My SE nation is only at 8k since I have just started playing the game. I think you should be able to choose what prizes you want. For example...

Top 4-10 -- Boosted wonder for 120 days or Exclusive SE wonder or $50 million or 1k tech

3rd place -- Boosted wonder for 120 days or Exclusive SE wonder or $100 million or 1k tech

2nd place -- Boosted wonder for 120 days or Exclusive SE wonder or $250 million or 1.5k tech

1st place -- Boosted wonder for a year or Special Edition SE wonder or $500 million or 2.5k tech

That way if a noob nation were to have some beginner's luck and do really well they could have a choice rather than being stuck with a wonder bonus for something they don't even have.  Also, it would give some of the top nations a chance to catch back up with all of the really powerful DBDC nations.

A top 100 bonus/prize/wonder enhancement works if we are looking to bring significant numbers of people to TE. I don't see how it could be anything other than a final NS marker, since people would probably just create inactive accounts to get to 30 days. The goal is to bring people in and give them incentive to play at a high level. It's not like the people who already play TE and SE would roll over for the infra huggers anyway--we'd be kneecaping them left and right :P

What I really like is a tiered prize system that hooks people.

Top 75-100--$10 bonus

Top 50-74--$20 donation bonus

Top 25-49--Enhanced wonder that lasts in SE for 30 days

Top 2-24--Enhanced wonder that lasts in SE for 60 days

Top Spot--Big Tech bonus.

I don't play SE so I don't have a dog in the fight. I know that is a lot of prizes to give out, but we need to bring give those big alliances in SE incentive to send people here and keep them coming back. A prize structure like the one above would have something for the newbies to SE and real incentives for the big guys...not to mention stuff for the people who already play TE and could suddenly become a sort of power player in SE with their bonuses. 

I think that prize structure would be too extreme, both in power and scope. If we opened the prizes up to the top 250, last round over half the population would have gotten something. I think that'd diminish competition and be too cumbersome for admin.

In terms of power, I am all for boosted/enhanced wonders, but they should last no longer than the length of that latest round. That would ensure that people who are good come back to "renew" their enhanced wonder. 

I can't speak for cash or tech, but isn't 2.5k tech worth some absurd amount to a senior nation in SE?

That is true but with a prize structure even a little bit less extreme it would still draw a ton of people back into TE. Also, I think that if the prize structure was for the Top 250, people in the Top 250 or near it would basically go for broke trying to get an awesome prize. TE is really fun the way it is but with double or triple the amount of players and awesome prizes that people would go crazy for would take the game to a whole other level. It would greatly reduce the time I spend playing Clash of Clans.

Top 100 is too many prizes, 250 is absurd.  The point is to draw more players while keeping TE competitive.  Make the top prizes amazing and it will draw the players to come fight for them.

This is about bringing new players in. We dont need more/better prizes to attract new people. The Prizes have come a long way from just the 1 solo prize, and we had loads of players back then.

I maintain, that what we need is a small reward for ANY nation that plays TE. That is how you are going to attract SE players.

Total Prizes admin already gives out is in excess of 8000 infra/tech/land Not to mention all the other bonuses like XP etc.

30 million dollars in SE to any nation that reaches 30 days anniversary or something. That will bring the newbies, surely. Pretty much a free wonder.

Edited by StevieG

As a different track for incentives maybe something like a happiness / environment boost for your SE nation while you have an active TE nation? (active as in logged into in the last week and showing some increase in NS?)

This is about bringing new players in. We dont need more/better prizes to attract new people. The Prizes have come a long way from just the 1 solo prize, and we had loads of players back then.

I maintain, that what we need is a small reward for ANY nation that plays TE. That is how you are going to attract SE players.

Total Prizes admin already gives out is in excess of 8000 infra/tech/land Not to mention all the other bonuses like XP etc.

30 million dollars in SE to any nation that reaches 30 days anniversary or something. That will bring the newbies, surely. Pretty much a free wonder.

Good point.  I was thinking of experienced players; vets of older, larger nations but I see what you are saying.

The big thing for me with CNTE is having to be on at update to defend against attacks. It gets awful having to do it that many nights. Guess I'm not hardcore enough :P

If there's some kind of reward to playing it'd be nice, but if it's going to be the top however many nations, I probably still won't try for the above reason since my NS will shrivel.

Good point.  I was thinking of experienced players; vets of older, larger nations but I see what you are saying.

Yeah and I dont think we will get that much success with that "target market".

Offering cash to small SE nations(well all nations that play TE) is IMO the way to get an influx starting again. Realistically you can hand out any amount of cash up to 100 million, and its not really going to unbalance anything in SE, or be hard to implement. There are many other good ideas, but in terms of real value, extra bonuses like wonders etc will need to still remain minimal to not cause an imbalance. Unless that imbalance isnt something that needs to be avoided.

I have noticed that there actually has been a huge drop in CNTE users. I was looking through old TE amazing sanction race updates because I've started attempting to bring it back and I noticed that there used to be a few 100 man alliances. Now there is only two 30 man alliances. We have to get this problem solved fast.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to bring forth the elephant in the corner of the room here:

Cyber Nations needs a mobile app

Fewer and fewer people use a full desktop computer, particualarily the "casual" gamer that Cybernations Targets.  The few of us typing away on these forums are the exception, and a declining trend.  The decline in CN userbase as a whole, as well as TE round by round, reflects this.

A good start would be a mobile-friendly/responsive design.  I'd donate money to see all of this happen, as I strongly feel it will help bring CN back to its glory days.

Edited by Michael the Narwhal

Tech is boss. Let the top players get big amount of tech and you will find more SE players joining.

Number 1 nation gets 3000 tech

Number 2 and 3 nations get 1500 tech

Number 4 to 10 gets 750 tech.

11 to 100 gets 250 tech.

Fewer and fewer people use a full desktop computer, particualarily the "casual" gamer that Cybernations Targets.  The few of us typing away on these forums are the exception, and a declining trend.  The decline in CN userbase as a whole, as well as TE round by round, reflects this.

A good start would be a mobile-friendly/responsive design.  I'd donate money to see all of this happen, as I strongly feel it will help bring CN back to its glory days.

I agree with this. Even just a form of the site that is mobile-friendly would be a massive step in the right direction. 

Tech is boss. Let the top players get big amount of tech and you will find more SE players joining.

Number 1 nation gets 3000 tech

Number 2 and 3 nations get 1500 tech

Number 4 to 10 gets 750 tech.

11 to 100 gets 250 tech.

I feel that seems a bit too OP. 3000 tech is still a lot regardless of where you're standing. 

That is a good idea but it would require everyone teaming up to take down the Avengers so the rest of us could get some good amounts of tech.

lol, true. 

This will help so many ways especially if its on Google Play or/and the Apple store.