OUT with the old, in with the new

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing you like this fills my heart with joy. 

Congratulations everyone!

No doubt Shah :D, been too long since we last interacted.

It's a really big bed with no physical contact though, don't worry :|

Sounds grim dude, like a sexless marriage :P

Edited by Cataduanes

That's what happens when one alliance owns 2 and half of the seats!

Owns? 

There is no provision for Senate seats assignment in this treaty, if you read carefully. IRON won two of them for the time being, but nowhere it is stated that this will be the eternal status quo. Should the situation change, there would be no direct impact on the treaty.

And also when people are purposefully exclusive.

The four signatories have elected their Orange Senators for years, without anyone outside those four alliances coming close to challenging the situation. The last Senator who didn't come from IRON-R&R-GLoF-ODN was Timmehhh when FOK last had a Senator, which was late 2011, iirc. Doesn't come as a big surprise that the people who signed this treaty are those who actually hold the Seats and see a need for cooperation.

Edited by Garion

I recall when Finnish Commie was an commie senator. If INT had retained its status from early history, they probably would've been involved here. Sadly, things seemingly didn't go as planned after I visited (2010). Instead, well, you know. Things happened. ODN and SLAP are INT's last remaining orange allies and while there's still folks there I like, many/most aren't any more.

INT aren't the only ones excluded and if you feel strongly about this, then I look forward to INT using this an excuse to pull its way back to former strength and force these dudes to take notice. You need motivation and taking your non-involvement well is a very good idea, I reckon.

I recall when Finnish Commie was an commie senator. If INT had retained its status from early history, they probably would've been involved here. Sadly, things seemingly didn't go as planned after I visited (2010). Instead, well, you know. Things happened. ODN and SLAP are INT's last remaining orange allies and while there's still folks there I like, many/most aren't any more.

INT aren't the only ones excluded and if you feel strongly about this, then I look forward to INT using this an excuse to pull its way back to former strength and force these dudes to take notice. You need motivation and taking your non-involvement well is a very good idea, I reckon.

That's a bit melodramatic. Honestly, if you like what you see and are interested, feel free to to chat up to any of the govts. 

Mandatory cooperation is a good thing in my opinion. I definitely do not want Senators voting on the whim of a moment, or without proper consideration, or admin knows what else. Additionally, similar treaties will hopefully motivate alliances in picking active Senators (those who don't have one already, at least...).