GDA Won't Go Quietly Into The Night

wJxOWYq.jpg

The Global Democratic Alliance is a community that I and many others have been a part of and have helped build for almost 8 years. I do not intend to give up this identity any time soon. 

GDA will remain open and we will live on.

We will be using #gdapublic as our primary channel for now.

awesomefinalflag.jpg

Edited by shadowkiller

Legality of this aside, is this really how you want to honor the memory of GDA? By inhabiting the husk of an alliance whose members have moved onto a new, perhaps better community? I know better than many the draw of the comfortable and familiar, but I think you might find the camaraderie you seek in SNX, as many of your old allies are there.

Legality of this aside, is this really how you want to honor the memory of GDA? By inhabiting the husk of an alliance whose members have moved onto a new, perhaps better community? I know better than many the draw of the comfortable and familiar, but I think you might find the camaraderie you seek in SNX, as many of your old allies are there.

Calling SNX "better" than GDA is something similar to calling DRN "better" than Atlas (at start-up)

Calling SNX "better" than GDA is something similar to calling DRN "better" than Atlas (at start-up)

Politics aside, wouldn't any alliance be objectively better than the disbanded husk of another? I suppose this thread's existence answers my question. Oh well.

These are difficult idea's to digest I know. At the end of the day a name is just a name, and a community lives on so long as the people exist, be it via a merger, migration, rebranding or otherwise. Just don't get so caught up in the walls of the past to forget to look out the window toward the future. I don't really know you guys to well so take that advise for what it is and good luck I guess.

When we formed SNX we knew not everyone will come over these are alliances that been around for a long time. It's been hard for some. If those on the GDA AA wish to try keep it alive then we will support them. They will always have a home in supernova-X.

Also a reminder GDA us still under our protection

These are difficult idea's to digest I know. At the end of the day a name is just a name, and a community lives on so long as the people exist, be it via a merger, migration, rebranding or otherwise. Just don't get so caught up in the walls of the past to forget to look out the window toward the future. I don't really know you guys to well so take that advise for what it is and good luck I guess.

Wally knows what he's talking about here. The name GDA and the community aren't exactly the same thing. You spent eight years helping build a community not a name. That community still exists and will be stronger with you in it.

That said, after eight years I can certainly understand why it's hard to accept.

o/ Respect

Do not go gentle into that good night
Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Carry on GDA, I remember dusting it up with you as a squaddie in the CSN in a couple wars. There is no reason why your home has to be sold out to a mega-abortion of an alliance. Your culture, your community, every thing that you hold dear to you is worth fighting for. 

Fight!

Better to live on as a micro with a few trusted friends and comrades than as an anonymous member in Stillbirth-x.

Carry on GDA, I remember dusting it up with you as a squaddie in the CSN in a couple wars. There is no reason why your home has to be sold out to a mega-abortion of an alliance. Your culture, your community, every thing that you hold dear to you is worth fighting for. 

Fight!

Better to live on as a micro with a few trusted friends and comrades than as an anonymous member in Stillbirth-x.

Somebody doesn't like us.

Politics aside, wouldn't any alliance be objectively better than the disbanded husk of another? I suppose this thread's existence answers my question. Oh well.

They may very well be coming back to life after what they feel was a controversial decision made.

Wally knows what he's talking about here. The name GDA and the community aren't exactly the same thing. You spent eight years helping build a community not a name. That community still exists and will be stronger with you in it.

That said, after eight years I can certainly understand why it's hard to accept.

o/ Respect

I have to agree with Wally and Dajobo. Sometimes a community must take on a different name but that doesn't mean the community is changed, only the name has.

When we formed SNX we knew not everyone will come over these are alliances that been around for a long time. It's been hard for some. If those on the GDA AA wish to try keep it alive then we will support them. They will always have a home in supernova-X.

Also a reminder GDA us still under our protection

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Best of luck shadow!