Cause certain amphibians are utter wankers

Triyun

[b]To:[/b]  His Majesty the King of Prussia

[b]From:[/b] The Office of the Prime Minister 

[b]Subject:[/b]  Establishing frienship

Your Majesty, it would be my hope that we can establish friendship between our two nations.  I look forward to a favorable reply on setting up a meeting.

-FU

PM Urquhart would arrive at the Prussian Palace, this would be the British second trip and hopefully more productive than the first one, which seemed to resemble more a visit to a irrational entitled child's house than a model of German efficiencies.  It was almost as if the Austrians had been taken over by the emotional French. If the Prussians proved fruitful they would be a welcome counterweight to the Francophile Austrians.  Approaching the Prussian King he smiled and bowed respectfully,  "Your majesty thank you for your most gracious audience.  It is my hope that we can secure a strong friendship between our two people in a most turbulent time."

"It is nice to be in a place so familiar and with such good taste." Urquhart said.  "We would like to discuss several items of mutual interest based not just on friendship but a firm understanding of principle and long term norms.  As such it is my belief that a British-Prussian Alliance can only benefits shaping outcomes across a range of issues that we care about.

The British Government wishes to ensure an even place and respect for the whole of Europe not simply one or two privileged countries and were are noticing the opposite occurring as such the first item which His Majesty has asked me to raise is how we can form a political alliance which guarantees us both freedom of action.  If actors attempt to force political settlements on one of us or our friends the other would move to act to counterbalance that, this could include diplomatic moves such as the switching of recognition of disputed areas, it could include military posturing to divide attention, it could include denial of access, or any number of measures.  It is our hope that such a manner of action would have a deterrent affect on would be Sun Kings and their cohorts."

"I agree.  The default position by the Alvonians and Swedish was force in against Cisalpina citing a treaty they did not sign.  Our position must be opposed to this.  What if they sign such a thing on Ireland, or Saxony, or Northlands, areas much closer to our shores.  Iceland's position I view as somewhat livable.  The Swedes gave no response to our diplomatic overtures so why should we in turn show them friendship.  By contrast their union with France is very worrying as that would give the Frogs leverage to at us from the North as well as the South and draw off ships that could repel a cross channel invasion.  Better to have them and the Icelandics at each other's throats is my view." Urquhart said.

"It is our hope in fact that the Prussians could aid us in just such a type of scenario.  Our unique Geography would allow Prussia and Britain to secure Northern Europe together in the event of a continental war.  Currently we hold friendships with the Romanians and the Persians, but they balance Europe from the Periphery, we need a friend who can join us in a direct defensive war."

"We currently have amicable and potentially friendly relations with Sverige, and would prefer to keep it that way. However, we do not hold such reservations towards their friends, such as France. T'is sad to see them not support Cisalpina, but such is their prerogative, especially give their unfortunately close ties with France. This does not make us wary of a friendship between our nations, but we would hope that each of our own foreign relations would be respected."