A Brief Announcement

OsRavan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tywin I recommend as a friend to your alliance that you think before you post. I'm sure you didn't mean that to sound as negative as it did.

Admin forbid people can actually be honest in the OWF.  The horror.  Now that you are allied to Tywin you are just going into crazy damage control when you don't need to.

Admin forbid people can actually be honest in the OWF.  The horror.  Now that you are allied to Tywin you are just going into crazy damage control when you don't need to.

You and I both know that the OWF is seldom used for honest conversation. It's filled with doubletalk and flat out lies.

As far as your concept of Damage Control, I can assure you that Supernova-X has every confidence of myself and many others, and while you may attempt to play more into it, I know that Tywin likely did not phrase his statement correctly. I was attempting to help him by pointing out the importance of articulating his view point before hitting post.

You and I both know that the OWF is seldom used for honest conversation. It's filled with doubletalk and flat out lies.

As far as your concept of Damage Control, I can assure you that Supernova-X has every confidence of myself and many others, and while you may attempt to play more into it, I know that Tywin likely did not phrase his statement correctly. I was attempting to help him by pointing out the importance of articulating his view point before hitting post.

So why are you trying to slap his wrist for trying to change that?  I'm sure Tywin doesn't need your help and maybe you need to lay off him.  Trashing allies in public just makes you and your alliance look bad.  Maybe you need to turn on your condescension meter before hitting post, lol.

So why are you trying to slap his wrist for trying to change that?  I'm sure Tywin doesn't need your help and maybe you need to lay off him.  Trashing allies in public just makes you and your alliance look bad.  Maybe you need to turn on your condescension meter before hitting post, lol.

I have had my condescension meter running for years but it doesn't tell me anything I don't already know.  I have always known I am condescending, I revel in it, it goes right along with my arrogance in general kind of like yours The Actual Steve.

Tywin may well be an extremely recent ally but it doesn't make him any less of a twit and whilst I  am embarrassed that disparaging comments were made towards an ally of about 5 minutes I am not as embarrassed as I am to be allied to him in the first place.  Hopefully commonsense prevails and he is confined to somewhere very quiet.  There are only so many times I can boot an ally from our channel before it gets noticed.

Trashing allies? Nah...SNX knows they have our support and that we like a great majority of their alliance. However, at the same time, many people, such as myself and Grub were quite...surprised to see Tywinn listed as a member of their government, and I will be hoping that is rectified soon.

Regardless, even if it weren't fixed, we'll still be supporting SNX in full. Don't mistake the universal hatred of Tywinn for trashing SNX.

I'll take the risk of blowing this thread back out of proportion to elaborate on my earlier sentiment.

My history with the North Star Federation preceded that of ODN's. As Hand in HB I signed the original protectorate after a Minister brought them to our attention. I got to know some of the leadership well and came to hear about their ambitions during the course of the Disorder War. After the war, I had planned to move HB towards Polar and deeper into Platysphere. I had hoped to take NSF with us and slowly form a new power sphere. Unfortunately, I was never able to accomplish these aims because of my removal as Hand late in the last war.

So in a sense, I am glad NSF came full circle and closer to my original hopes for them, although I had no part in accomplishing this. My remarks were not intended to be offensive, although honestly ODN could have simply contacted Legion-X privately and relayed the news.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

I'll take the risk of blowing this thread back out of proportion to elaborate on my earlier sentiment.

My history with the North Star Federation preceded that of ODN's. As Hand in HB I signed the original protectorate after a Minister brought them to our attention. I got to know some of the leadership well and came to hear about their ambitions during the course of the Disorder War. After the war, I had planned to move HB towards Polar and deeper into Platysphere. I had hoped to take NSF with us and slowly form a new power sphere. Unfortunately, I was never able to accomplish these aims because of my removal as Hand late in the last war.

So in a sense, I am glad NSF came full circle and closer to my original hopes for them, although I had no part in accomplishing this. My remarks were not intended to be offensive, although honestly ODN could have simply contacted Legion-X privately and relayed the news.

Honestly, it's not as if ODN were classy in the announcement thread, either. Not taking your side, simply stating a fact.

Edited by Starfox101

Best of luck to all going forward.

I don't seem to remember HB protecting NSF though, perhaps I'm misremembering my history here, but I recall DT/GATO/UCR being their treaties for quite a while before HB was signed.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/North_Star_Federation_(2nd)?oldid=470856

So uh..Tywin you signed a protectorate with them eh?

Edited by Bob

My understanding was that there has been four incarnations of NSF, and the latest was formed late last year. I could be wrong though.

Didn't you just claim a distinct affinity with them (much more then that of ODN) and yet, you aren't sure if you signed a protectorate with them, or if you signed a treaty with them because your current MDoAP partner (DT) was ODP or MDoAP'd to them at the time and your minister brought them to your attention for that reason?

Not claiming you couldn't have bonded with them, but that was definitely not the situation.

There have definitely been several incarnations of NSF, but this one was founded in late 2012 iirc.  crv can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what my records/the wiki states.

Edited by Bob

I said that my relationship preceded that of ODN's. I didnt say anything about DT or any deep affinity, but I do know we (HB) signed a treaty with NSF but held off announcing it due to the war. This is why my signature was not included in the Treaty of Winnipeg (which was an ODoAP) in February, after the war had finished.