Seperating of OOC and IC

Beauty

I am sorry, but I am afraid you still do not understand my point,

The person behind Rotavele and Beauty are nothing like them. They would contradict many of my personal values. I've said this repeatedly and really wish you'd read without the notion that some people in the real world are exactly like their characters. I've met a few other people who are the same as me. We've had Skype conversations and we all differ enormously. Despite how Rotavele has hurt your feelings in the past, I assure you I am nothing like that person in reality. If you've ever heard me on the radio you'd know in the real world I am absolutely nothing like my personas. This has been said several times. It even came up as a shortly touched on topic in Brehon's Radio Shows awhile ago. Despite your hate for the character Rotavele you're taking this a bit too seriously and I only say that because it does nothing but breed anger for the real you. It's honestly worthless. Feeling real emotions over a work of fiction doesn't effect me or anyone except you. That goes for many out there.

It's as if you read a good book, you feel emotionally invested sure, but you let it go and know that it's only a work of fiction after a few moments. Stephen Spielberg is notorious for this in his films and works of art. You feel a little angry at the character at the end, but in the real world if you ever met the actor, you'd know they're not the serial killer from the movie. Granted there are no doubt people who see that movies, and if ever meeting the actor they'd feel animosity towards them. However those people are only wasting their time and hurting their own emotions when they could be happy doing and thinking about other things rather than their hate for one person. I hope you understand.

If you'd be interested I have other worldly characters I have played completely opposite of Rotavele. You may feel more better towards them if you're actually interested in the art of Character and Role Playing.

And you support my words with every word you post here in this post.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no evidence posted of homophobia.  I see plenty of evidence posted that you're still an idiot.

I would ask you to kindly not appropriate for yourself a very real struggle that I and many others here deal with personally.

You can't do OOC things (like making fun of someone's death) and then claim it was your IC persona acting out.  When you cross that line, anything you say is your OOC, real self.  And you were an unapologetic dick about it.  And now you are making what are apparently baseless claims of homophobia?  That is slander.  Real life slander, which is a crime, actually.

I would suggest you put up or shut up.

Last few days I seen your posting and naturally assumed you were a rota reroll but couldn't figure out how due to the high post count. Account name being changed didn't register.

Point being, you are acting and posting in the same manner as you did previously under the rotavele identity. 

Rota, Beauty.. whomever you are. I hope I've treated you respectfully in your time here regardless of your character. However, By viewing these logs and reviewing these conversations.. I have to note that you really do need to do some internal assessment to see how much of this is actually your own doing. That log.. filled with unbelievable amounts of lack of self-control and restraint.. the yelling.  The repeat posting. In what way do  you believe any of the patterns of behavior you have demonstrated in anger will actaully help you?

Some people have characters who are "too close to the chest". When that happens, you can't escape that person unless you learn to formulate a personality that isn't your own. When your character is too close to being you, then when it becomes hated or despised for its actions.. you can end up the same way.. and if you continue to create characters sharing the same traits then the problems persist.

I will be honest. When you began posting as Beauty... I knew who you were immediately, without the need for anyone to tell me. Anyway, here's hoping you have a more enjoyable cn future and best wishes that you learn from the experiences. I have said my piece.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Rota, Beauty.. whomever you are. I hope I've treated you respectfully in your time here regardless of your character. However, By viewing these logs and reviewing these conversations.. I have to note that you really do need to do some internal assessment to see how much of this is actually your own doing. That log.. filled with unbelievable amounts of lack of self-control and restraint.. the yelling.  The repeat posting. In what way do  you believe any of the patterns of behavior you have demonstrated in anger will actaully help you?

Some people have characters who are "too close to the chest". When that happens, you can't escape that person unless you learn to formulate a personality that isn't your own. When your character is too close to being you, then when it becomes hated or despised for its actions.. you can end up the same way.. and if you continue to create characters sharing the same traits then the problems persist.

I will be honest. When you began posting as Beauty... I knew who you were immediately, without the need for anyone to tell me. Anyway, here's hoping you have a more enjoyable cn future and best wishes that you learn from the experiences. I have said my piece.

That is my OOC persona I play as said before. In my real world career of this game, I don't really know how to explain it, but it's sort of like a protection sort of thing. If I invested emotions into the game I would probably rarely respond when attacked or provoked as I am not that type of person in the real world. When I did all of that it was kind of fun in a way as I wanted to kind of show off the personality of a child like tantrum. It was enjoyable to me and trying to find a new OOC persona to beauty. Granted, not everyone is that sort of way and so far I've yet to see anyone else with an OOC persona (It's really fun actually and I recommend everyone trying it once. It's not hard at all. It can be comical to see trolls though and their tactics. However they're attacking your persona, never you.) and Supercheese was offended.

If you've ever listened into me on a radio show, when people come in yelling at me I kind of just giggle sometimes or simply ignore it. I am pretty evasive in the real world (My personal life) if someone's attempting to offend me. Sometimes I just think of other things while they go on. Trust me anyone who's talked to me via Voice Chat can tell you I am personally nothing like Rotavele at all xD.

I think the confusion of my OOC/IC Persons respectively is what has people very confused. Basically more of the Rotavele's Characters perspective was that she never let someone insult her without saying something.  That trait was actually inspired to me by a friend named Scotty who always said something, even if it was really stupidly funny ( and he knew it)  he'd still comment it in an aggressive fashion. I've always found it comical to do so. Rotavele was also a little tricky and manipulative. She pulled the wool over people's eyes a good many of times, and some of them of course she did not get away with. 

Anyways sorry for the rambling on about Rotavele, She's a character I played for years and I really enjoyed the time invested in her. It was a fun ride, and most of her IC/OOC skills ironically came from a roleplay game itself I used to play. Anyways, I thought you Mael would be more aware of my different persona's i've regularly played. For Example, Huong Nguyen was nothing like my Rotavele Personality OOC or IC. Neither was my German nation in CNRP2. They infact attempted to be the polar opposite just to try it out. I enjoyed those, but I think I enjoyed Rotavele a lot more.

Here's the best way I can describe Rotavele's personality in two words: Human nature. Complete Human nature with everything. Rotavele was Greedy, Manipulative, She always wanted what she wanted and would do anything to achieve that. Rotavele was a complete bitch. And do not get me wrong, since 2009, Rotavele's Victims have preached for her to be completely wiped out of the game. It's taken this long for anyone to actually do it, and that amazed me. It took Rotavele years to complete her bitchy work and she did it. There was several times in 09 and 10 i thought i'd be done for. Even after the CSN spying, I thought I was done for. However Rotavele always managed to sneak back in and get through the cracks somehow and that's what I loved about her. She was so mean lol. It may sound a little loony as well, but I see my Personas as like different people kind of, as if they're not even a part of me when they post. So that's just a bit more into the look of Rotavele's eyes.

I really feel like I should write a book just on the crazy things I've learned with this persona and I think that's what really made it interesting. Almost every day I'd learn so many new things about people, and how people's thought processes formed, how to make them respond appropriately. It was quite crazy. I believe I wouldn't of lasted so long with the persona if I didn't start looking into people psychologically as well, and learning so much about things of that sort. A few friends, I believe all are gone to different worlds now, all would like to listen to my stories and experiences I had under Rotavele. It was just kind of euphoric in a way when I got to play her. It was my opposite, and yet showed me how people I do not typically interact with really act in certain situations.

Anyway I am done rambling, I just thought you'd understand more being a big RPer yourself. Most of that is probably jumbled up and makes no sense, but I really just felt like rambling on about how great this character was to me. That is the point of us being here right? To have fun! :P I had fun, so I can't say mission not accomplished and the game didn't serve it's purpose.

ITT: Rota tries to dodge responsibility for making fun of someone's IRL death by claiming she was "just roleplaying."

No, that doesn't cut it.

I am sorry if I misgendered you at any point, as I was just going along with what others said and you never posted a correction.  You're still a gigantic idiot and you're still getting exactly what you deserve.

That is my OOC persona I play as said before. In my real world career of this game, I don't really know how to explain it, but it's sort of like a protection sort of thing. If I invested emotions into the game I would probably rarely respond when attacked or provoked as I am not that type of person in the real world. When I did all of that it was kind of fun in a way as I wanted to kind of show off the personality of a child like tantrum. It was enjoyable to me and trying to find a new OOC persona to beauty. Granted, not everyone is that sort of way and so far I've yet to see anyone else with an OOC persona (It's really fun actually and I recommend everyone trying it once. It's not hard at all. It can be comical to see trolls though and their tactics. However they're attacking your persona, never you.) and Supercheese was offended.

If you've ever listened into me on a radio show, when people come in yelling at me I kind of just giggle sometimes or simply ignore it. I am pretty evasive in the real world (My personal life) if someone's attempting to offend me. Sometimes I just think of other things while they go on. Trust me anyone who's talked to me via Voice Chat can tell you I am personally nothing like Rotavele at all xD.

I think the confusion of my OOC/IC Persons respectively is what has people very confused. Basically more of the Rotavele's Characters perspective was that she never let someone insult her without saying something.  That trait was actually inspired to me by a friend named Scotty who always said something, even if it was really stupidly funny ( and he knew it)  he'd still comment it in an aggressive fashion. I've always found it comical to do so. Rotavele was also a little tricky and manipulative. She pulled the wool over people's eyes a good many of times, and some of them of course she did not get away with. 

Anyways sorry for the rambling on about Rotavele, She's a character I played for years and I really enjoyed the time invested in her. It was a fun ride, and most of her IC/OOC skills ironically came from a roleplay game itself I used to play. Anyways, I thought you Mael would be more aware of my different persona's i've regularly played. For Example, Huong Nguyen was nothing like my Rotavele Personality OOC or IC. Neither was my German nation in CNRP2. They infact attempted to be the polar opposite just to try it out. I enjoyed those, but I think I enjoyed Rotavele a lot more.

Here's the best way I can describe Rotavele's personality in two words: Human nature. Complete Human nature with everything. Rotavele was Greedy, Manipulative, She always wanted what she wanted and would do anything to achieve that. Rotavele was a complete !@#$%*. And do not get me wrong, since 2009, Rotavele's Victims have preached for her to be completely wiped out of the game. It's taken this long for anyone to actually do it, and that amazed me. It took Rotavele years to complete her !@#$%*y work and she did it. There was several times in 09 and 10 i thought i'd be done for. Even after the CSN spying, I thought I was done for. However Rotavele always managed to sneak back in and get through the cracks somehow and that's what I loved about her. She was so mean lol. It may sound a little loony as well, but I see my Personas as like different people kind of, as if they're not even a part of me when they post. So that's just a bit more into the look of Rotavele's eyes.

I really feel like I should write a book just on the crazy things I've learned with this persona and I think that's what really made it interesting. Almost every day I'd learn so many new things about people, and how people's thought processes formed, how to make them respond appropriately. It was quite crazy. I believe I wouldn't of lasted so long with the persona if I didn't start looking into people psychologically as well, and learning so much about things of that sort. A few friends, I believe all are gone to different worlds now, all would like to listen to my stories and experiences I had under Rotavele. It was just kind of euphoric in a way when I got to play her. It was my opposite, and yet showed me how people I do not typically interact with really act in certain situations.

Anyway I am done rambling, I just thought you'd understand more being a big RPer yourself. Most of that is probably jumbled up and makes no sense, but I really just felt like rambling on about how great this character was to me. That is the point of us being here right? To have fun! :P I had fun, so I can't say mission not accomplished and the game didn't serve it's purpose.

I understand RP. I understand being a villain. I also understand that some things go beyond being excusable by acting out a character in text. I think you are in need of refining where that begins and ends. One of the more difficult things to flee.. is one's own reputation, whether deserved or not.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

ITT: Rota tries to dodge responsibility for making fun of someone's IRL death by claiming she was "just roleplaying."

No, that doesn't cut it.

I am sorry if I misgendered you at any point, as I was just going along with what others said and you never posted a correction.  You're still a gigantic idiot and you're still getting exactly what you deserve.

But how can he get all the attention he needs when he admits fault while he can show his sobby eyes here and go on with his attention grabbing scheme?

I understand RP. I understand being a villain. I also understand that some things go beyond being excusable by acting out a character in text. I think you are in need of refining where that begins and ends. One of the more difficult things to flee.. is one's own reputation, whether deserved or not.

Ah good heavens no. People take me as Rotavele and automatically assume I myself is up to some big mastermind plan to get out of something xD. I have nothing to get out of. 90% of this game is talking and politics, the other 10% is tech/infra. Some people see that ratio differently albeit, but that's how I treat it.

The main point of these posts are just explaining how people are upset/offended by the actor and not characters that were killed off in the other part of this "motion picture" if you will. I'm not understanding why people think Rotavele is doing this to get out of something, Rota already worked her legacy and got out of it before anyone could do anything. The fact the work of art I created was so genuine and such provoked so much emotion as it did sparks me wanting to pursue different paths and higher opportunity in my life from the character play.

However, I'm not sure why people think I really want absolutely 100% of people to like my personas here. :/ If everyone got along and loved her, what would be the point of logging in? :P

I'm fairly certain that your rejection from SNX has nothing to do with your sexuality. I know of several openly gay and/or bisexual members of Aftermath, some of which are in leadership, and there has never been anything but respect for them from MCXA, and now SNX.

While homophobia might be a rather easy way to paint an alliance a boogeyman in this day and age, no one of any consequence within SNX cares about anyone's sexuality, only their ability to work in a team and not cause problems.

I think you might find why they rejected you in far more sensible trains of thought, i.e, your reputation, personality, and tendency to complicate simple issues.

If you overcome these issues and allow your more positive qualities to show through, and I'm certain you have them, then I'm sure any alliance would be willing to accept you, regardless of who you are OOC.

I'm fairly certain that your rejection from SNX has nothing to do with your sexuality. I know of several openly gay and/or bisexual members of Aftermath, some of which are in leadership, and there has never been anything but respect for them from MCXA, and now SNX.

While homophobia might be a rather easy way to paint an alliance a boogeyman in this day and age, no one of any consequence within SNX cares about anyone's sexuality, only their ability to work in a team and not cause problems.

I think you might find why they rejected you in far more sensible trains of thought, i.e, your reputation, personality, and tendency to complicate simple issues.

If you overcome these issues and allow your more positive qualities to show through, and I'm certain you have them, then I'm sure any alliance would be willing to accept you, regardless of who you are OOC.

Like I said in the OP, this is not what i'd like to discuss as I am trying to keep my personal life out of everything from this point on. Not only that, this issue has been handled in private and one of your leadership members was present during the discussion.

I appreciate you standing up for your friends, and your doubting of doing them while assuming I am playing victim; but the logs and such were not posted for a reason. One of the people perpetrating the homophobic remarks was supposedly using someone else's nickname and it wasn't them.  It was handled in private and apologies were exchanged. 

Edited by Beauty

I dont think you can use a character to hide from comments made about ooc events unfortunately.

Rotavele the character could not have made that comment because the event did not happen in-game, ergo the ooc boundary was already violated by the operator of Rotavele.

That being said, I have no problems giving a character a fresh start from an IC perspective, it just doesnt apply here.

I dont think you can use a character to hide from comments made about ooc events unfortunately.

Rotavele the character could not have made that comment because the event did not happen in-game, ergo the ooc boundary was already violated by the operator of Rotavele.

That being said, I have no problems giving a character a fresh start from an IC perspective, it just doesnt apply here.

It really astonishes me when people say things like this and believe the AA forums and such are OOC. It makes me feel as if my character was not a persona but taken for point value.

It really astonishes me when people say things like this and believe the AA forums and such are OOC. It makes me feel as if my character was not a persona but taken for point value.

That's the opposite of what they're saying, hth.

That's the opposite of what they're saying, hth.

Hes saying the OOC comment in an IC setting which if that were applicable then the comment didn't happen or else would be understood as blabbering/doesnt make sense ICly. Would it not?

Edited by Beauty

Hes saying the OOC comment in an IC setting which if that were applicable then the comment didn't happen or else would be understood as blabbering/doesnt make sense ICly. Would it not?

He's saying you said a really stupid fucking thing, and it doesn't matter what forum it was in - it was a VERY OOC comment, and can only be viewed as such ... And to play the victim card over and over and over mixed with this clueless ignoramaus attitude just reinforces that whatever you say is you regardless of what you hide behind .... YOU SAID THE WORDS .. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM .. Not "Rotavele" or "Beauty" or anyone, that was not an IC comment in any way shape or form .... ANd coupled with your piss-poor history of crossing the line, you have zero credibility .... You are bust ....

He's saying you said a really stupid !@#$@#$ thing, and it doesn't matter what forum it was in - it was a VERY OOC comment, and can only be viewed as such ... And to play the victim card over and over and over mixed with this clueless ignoramaus attitude just reinforces that whatever you say is you regardless of what you hide behind .... YOU SAID THE WORDS .. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM .. Not "Rotavele" or "Beauty" or anyone, that was not an IC comment in any way shape or form .... ANd coupled with your piss-poor history of crossing the line, you have zero credibility .... You are bust ....

Huh? i thought you said we shouldn't do that anymore after o ya babys comment?

Anyways if you have anything to add about the OOC/IC barrier, please post it, otherwise lets stop talking about my old Character and start to wrap this up.

Edited by Beauty

Yeah I think this thread is already an example that you haven't changed at all.

Hmm maybe I put more into my character then I thought. Oh well! xD If that's the case, guess I gotta do me.

Edited by Beauty

He's saying you said a really stupid !@#$@#$ thing, and it doesn't matter what forum it was in - it was a VERY OOC comment, and can only be viewed as such ... And to play the victim card over and over and over mixed with this clueless ignoramaus attitude just reinforces that whatever you say is you regardless of what you hide behind .... YOU SAID THE WORDS .. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM .. Not "Rotavele" or "Beauty" or anyone, that was not an IC comment in any way shape or form .... ANd coupled with your piss-poor history of crossing the line, you have zero credibility .... You are bust ....

Beauty, this man Rayvon is right. That episode was you crossing the IC/OOC boundary: you're not at all credible if you claim otherwise or - even worse - if you insinuate that others are being unfair to call that stuff for what it was. Being you a seasoned player, every other veteran of this game knows very well what attempts like that mean, and it's nothing good for your reputation, as a player.

If you really want to have it "wrapped up", whenever the story of that comment comes out, just state that you're sorry for having acted stupidly - apologize with no attachments at all - and the issue will eventually die with time.  You have to be respectful and to take responsibility for your actions, if you want that others can even just only consider respecting and trusting you again; you have to be very patient, too, as it will take a lot of time: trust isn't built in one day.

Going on like this will instead ensure that that wound continues to rot. While you're certainly entitled to create new characters, without a fundamental behavioural change other players will continue to think that you're bad as a player and possibly as a person, and they won't want to have anything to do with any new character you may create.

Now of course feel free to do what you want with this advice. Again good luck.

Edited by jerdge