The New Guardians of the Galaxy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, TIO since 2012, I think I missed something.  Not sure I can really wrap my mind around that.  Is BoG still around?

Hey Steve.. haven't seen you in a while

Yup I've been here for a bit, BoG came back for a few months a year or 2 back - Stopped by my alliance, went back to GDA and disappeared again.

GDA.. My first alliance.. "home" - I will miss it.  Togther we Stand.  o/

I eagerly await this streamrolling.

Hopefully led by the beyond dangerous NG.

Whoa their tiger. Settle down bro. People always say these things about mergers. Said it about NG as well. The more alliances you have merge the worse it looks. That said, we are still around and I fully expect SNX to be around in a few years time too.

Mergers are tough to pull off long term, I think it comes down to cultural compatibility more than anything. NG was successful because all the involved alliances had similar membership composition and alliance structure. Only time can tell if a merger will be truly successful and I wish you luck guys.

Mergers are tough to pull off long term, I think it comes down to cultural compatibility more than anything. NG was successful because all the involved alliances had similar membership composition and alliance structure. Only time can tell if a merger will be truly successful and I wish you luck guys.

I suspect the reason they pulled out the merge in the first place was because they were culturally dead anyway.

Less AAs is a good thing, good job people.

I suspect the reason they pulled out the merge in the first place was because they were culturally dead anyway.

Less AAs is a good thing, good job people.

I don't think any of the AAs were culturally dead, LoSS for one still had a tight knit culture, but the main problem was government activity. If you have (for example) 5 active government officials on each AA, it will be difficult to accomplish more than basic maintenance (i.e. senior government). You put them together that makes 20 people, and suddenly you've freed up alot of time and energy to put towards actual alliance improvement (i.e. lower government).

Edited by Tywin Lannister

I only see 5. Also MCXA, LoSS, GDA, and NSF have lost a collective of 7 mill. Really glad to see alot of the nations not going to this new alliance. The arrogance of the membership is astounding already. Especially the comments about banning not only myself but another member from the AA for publicly stating their sexuality. Definitely not what MCXA used to be. :/

Edit: Lol only 4 people have left the GDA AA and they too received the "Voluntary" message of it's OK to go ahead and switch 4 days ago.

I'm not sure what you know of what MCXA used to be. I helped found the alliance and I can tell you that you don't seem to be MCXA material and it has nothing to do with your sexuality and EVERYTHING to do with your mouth.

I don't think any of the AAs were culturally dead, LoSS for one still had a tight knit culture, but the main problem was government activity. If you have (for example) 5 active government officials on each AA, it will be difficult to accomplish more than basic maintenance (i.e. senior government). You put them together that makes 20 people, and suddenly you've freed up alot of time and energy to put towards actual alliance improvement (i.e. lower government).

This is pretty much how I saw it too. And in truth the exact same issue and intention to remedy we had with our NPL-NpO merger. Culturally strong and active memberbase, particularly during war, but only a handful of people with the time & experience to man the extensive government structure any AA needs to perform at its peak. If your going to run an AA well you do need that more extensive 20 man gov team you refer to, once in place you can have as many general members as you like, its economies of scale, double the member base doesn't need double the gov, it totally make's sense to team up with a likeminded AA or two and pool resources in this kind of way.