The next DBDC raid target

Beauty

Ya?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling if I remember correctly. I haven't looked it up but I'm sure it was Gremlins who didn't want to just take tech but instead chose to pay us for it.

This is correct, though it was a discounted rate, IIRC.  And anyways, most of us in the top tier had to send our tech and receive nothing for it.  They were essentially aid bombing our little dudes while we sent our most expensive tech to them.  But that's the past, and I'm currently allied to an AA I sent the most tech to. 

TOP, you owe me about 900 tech ;)

Selling if I remember correctly. I haven't looked it up but I'm sure it was Gremlins who didn't want to just take tech but instead chose to pay us for it.

100% correct and I didn't participate.  I was in my moralist phase.  Quit raining on my parade.

:P 

You're still talking about things I did 5 years ago in non-response to something that is going on right now.  I'm not exactly sure who you are right now, and I definitely don't know what you were doing 5 years ago--if you were in MK

Actually, I was in Gremlins .

Well, look, it only took you this long to make a name for yourself.  Maybe in 5 years I'll avoid some point you're making by referencing DBDC.

Interesting theory, but when put into practice, I can tell you exactly how it will end. We've seen it done before and many, including myself, suffered for it. I was put on a PZI list that lasted for 2+ years for speaking out on the forums. That happened to many other active posters as well, though most of them just deleted and never came back. The forums became a massive hailfest, even worse than we see today, because everyone was under orders from their government to not speak out or their alliance would be attacked. it was one of the low points for discourse in our entire history, and I am very confused on why you romanticize the past. You'd be left with treaty announcements, congratulatory posts, Rotavele, Rey, and Tywinn. If that's what you desire, then by all means, continue.

Before Karma wasn't the only time when the things people said could get them hit. Some light reading.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=78917

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97239

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=119053

Well, look, it only took you this long to make a name for yourself.  Maybe in 5 years I'll avoid some point you're making by referencing DBDC.

This is why I laugh, mate.  I am not trying to make a name for myself.  I could care less if anyone outside my small circle of friends knows who I am.  On the other hand, you leech yourself onto the actions of others at every turn.  You normally post better than Tywin, but you guys are cut from the same cloth.

Rotavele, next time we need more poll options please :)

edit: and he's banned, in that case we need a new poll maker too!

Edited by tayloj7

Hal this was your first post.  All your anger and angst is directed our way so I wanted some specific examples where we were causing a problem, but let's go back to your original goal posts.  PLEASE, give us just one example of ANYBODY who is doing any military action that is getting them chased off the planet.

What I said was...

"Indeed.  However, when individuals attempt to do so through military action, they are declared "nuke rogues" and every attempt is made to run them off Planet Bob. Therefore, telling someone individually to "do something about it", is an invitation to suicide."

Let's break that down for you...

1. I was addressing something Auctor said, specifically, "It's always been incumbent on the folks that have a problem with it to do the doing something about it."

2. The history of Planet Bob is replete with individuals who attacked NPO, GGA, NpO, GOONS, and any number of other alliances for a specific political cause (they "did something about it") while individuals who may agree with them held back.  If you need specific examples of that, you haven't been reading the OWF.  I wasn't even addressing DBDC in particular, but along those lines, if I personally (meaning not Valhalla) started attacking your supply lines of free tech, I am confident that every effort would be made to ensure my defensive slots would be filled with members of the Doom alliances and or perhaps DT and likely they would stayed filled until such time that I was bill locked and no doubt someone would be along to make sure that anyone who aided me would get a similar treatment, or at least regret the day they found Planet Bob.  You might say something else about your reaction would be, your name isn't 'Cuba'. Do people on occasion get left off a PZI/EZI order with the payment of cash/tech/other considerations? Sure.  Is PZI/EZI always 100% effective?  No.

Side note: I wasn't even addressing the ethics of PZI or EZI in my answer to Auctor, I was being matter of fact.

3. That led to your remarks about how no one has been PZIed or EZIed since Karma, something is a totally false and I stated that was the case.  Again, if I have to cite specific examples for you, you haven't been reading the OWF.  Stop making broad generalizations in retort to things that generally accepted as true.  This is not a Monty Python skit.

We win, everyone else are losers, nyaaah!

In your face GPA

Now now, that was a bit rude.

However we're not into this kind of competitions since 2008. In all honesty it's fair that someone with a better training won the medals - sportsmanship etc - we wouldn't have earned it.

What I said was...

"Indeed.  However, when individuals attempt to do so through military action, they are declared "nuke rogues" and every attempt is made to run them off Planet Bob. Therefore, telling someone individually to "do something about it", is an invitation to suicide."

Let's break that down for you...

1. I was addressing something Auctor said, specifically, "It's always been incumbent on the folks that have a problem with it to do the doing something about it."

2. The history of Planet Bob is replete with individuals who attacked NPO, GGA, NpO, GOONS, and any number of other alliances for a specific political cause (they "did something about it") while individuals who may agree with them held back.  If you need specific examples of that, you haven't been reading the OWF.  I wasn't even addressing DBDC in particular, but along those lines, if I personally (meaning not Valhalla) started attacking your supply lines of free tech, I am confident that every effort would be made to ensure my defensive slots would be filled with members of the Doom alliances and or perhaps DT and likely they would stayed filled until such time that I was bill locked and no doubt someone would be along to make sure that anyone who aided me would get a similar treatment, or at least regret the day they found Planet Bob.  You might say something else about your reaction would be, your name isn't 'Cuba'. Do people on occasion get left off a PZI/EZI order with the payment of cash/tech/other considerations? Sure.  Is PZI/EZI always 100% effective?  No.

Side note: I wasn't even addressing the ethics of PZI or EZI in my answer to Auctor, I was being matter of fact.

3. That led to your remarks about how no one has been PZIed or EZIed since Karma, something is a totally false and I stated that was the case.  Again, if I have to cite specific examples for you, you haven't been reading the OWF.  Stop making broad generalizations in retort to things that generally accepted as true.  This is not a Monty Python skit.

Your post previous to Auctor's reply was:

I'm saying that people must evolve or perish.  That doesn't make it fair, and indeed fairness has nothing to do with it.

And yes, certain parties have raided both aligned and non-aligned alike.  I think it says a lot about the state of Planet Bob at the moment that the community hasn't come together to do something about it, and none of what it says is very good.  I don't have to "paint pictures" for that to be true.

So you were talking about certain parties (DBDC) who raid both aligned and unaligned and how the community should come together to do something about it.  Auctor replies and tells you it is incumbent upon those with the problem to do something about it.  Then your reply, the one I've asked you for specific examples, is this:

Indeed.  However, when individuals attempt to do so through military action, they are declared "nuke rogues" and every attempt is made to run them off Planet Bob. Therefore, telling someone individually to "do something about it", is an invitation to suicide.

I think it's obvious you were talking out of the wrong orifice.  I already know you don't have any examples and apparently you don't even remember what you were even saying.

Funny note: I was an \m/ Triumvir for the first one, although I quit the game for a couple years about a week later because managing that was...not fun.
Also, I wasn't here for the second one, and it looks like espionage. I have no clue what you are referencing. Care to explain?

The first was over OOC comments on IRC, and the third was due to plotting a coalition against us on IRC, a legit threat. Neither of those have any comparison to what I've said in this thread, which can essentially be summed up as: "I don't like your methods DBDC, and here's why."

If there is any link between any of those to what I've said, please explain?

This is why I laugh, mate.  I am not trying to make a name for myself.  I could care less if anyone outside my small circle of friends knows who I am.  On the other hand, you leech yourself onto the actions of others at every turn.  You normally post better than Tywin, but you guys are cut from the same cloth.

Don't compare Schatt to Tywinn. You're being disingenuous to make a point. It just isn't true.

Yes, for those of you playing at home, the correct answer was:

The Phoenix Federation

Along with quite a few others...

I'm sure Starfox is only making the point as another malignant side shot, but either way he is actually correct. Philosophically Schatt and I differ on quite a few points. We may not be distinguishable to the degenerate barbarian mind, but the differences do exist.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

I'm sure Starfox is only making the point as another malignant side shot, but either way he is actually correct. Philosophically Schatt and I differ on quite a few points. We may not be distinguishable to the degenerate barbarian mind, but the differences do exist.

Not particularly a shot at you, as it is defending Schattenmann from slander.