Complacency

Unknown Smurf

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warfare in CN is more like ritual annual/semi-annual carnival where warriors take part in mock battles. There is nothing to lose. Your territory does not get over-run. Your people are not taken captive, you do not hear the lamentation of your women. You do not lose your land. Well you used to, not anymore though.

The very mention of the words disbandment, extended POW status, punitive reparations and high reps, everyone look over their shoulders to verify that there are no journalists around. CN is pussified. Sally forth from our dung heaps and throw rocks about and then slink back into our dung heaps. Does not matter which dung heap you inhabit, they all reek the same.

We, killed the last of our villains. We are supposedly in utopia right now, and only now do we comprehend the indisputable fact that mankind, people, need strife and an element of fear. Need to have something on the line, for anything to amount to anything at all. Railing and ranting against the big bad wolf was a whole lot fun, working to trap and slay it, even more fun, making sure you did not get gobbled up before you got round to put your plan in action, much much more fun. The pseudo righteous clap trap that happened to come along (some may call it an essential part of the plan)put paid to anyone dreaming of being the 'bad boy' of CN anymore.

I would argue that the Pussification took place many moons ago and has lead to the current Complacency.

Let me get to 15k tech, then we'll see about this pussification....

*s!@#$%**

What....  I'm not allowed to S N I G G E R anymore?

Well that sucks

Edited by Stewie

When did GOONS lose a war? Sard's always been good about finding the right front. 

If we ever won it certainly didn't feel like it.

We're playing poker without any draws or wildcards.  One needs only examine the treaty web to see how a conflict will play out, and I find that disgusting.  This whole concept of signing treaties with "friends" has created something beyond use.  I'd rather see the top alliances in this place join forces to try to conquer everything regardless of whether they got along or not, and the resulting confederation of states that would have to arise to stop it.  Instead we sit here playing the cards we are given by some dude who thinks he's on the strong side of the web, countered appropriately by the other side.  Over and over again.

tl;dr the spontaneity has gone out of this relationship.

Sparta made it clear they wouldn't mind another punch on us and quite a few other alliances in your sphere have made it clear they don't like us SJ. So yes, there are alliances who want another NG hit. Issue being NG didn't act like your puppet at the end of the last war by dropping IRON like you all wanted so they didn't become toxic to be treaties to.

Now what we have had for the lost war period is Sparta trying 3 ways from Sunday to either foster ties between XX and NPO/C&G/NG or to make inroads into an Aztec treaty.

Neither worked because
A: Aztec do what is best for Aztec. They have no desire to become a swing bloc.

B: a Sparta - NPO treaty was clear to be used so that you could throw that sphere against Aztec and IRON.

Welp.

You guys really need ardus or 1337... Because your plots are about as useful as a &#$@ flavoured lollypop.

World Peace!

Time to crack open the bottles of cyanide to celebrate

:smug:

ITT; Stewie tries to make fun of people that completely bested him.

Poor guy doesn't even know

ITT; Stewie tries to make fun of people that completely bested him.

Poor guy doesn't even know

I wasn't in gov when we were "bested" 

If you remember I was roguing you guys  :war:

Last war I had my hand in organising was when Double Vision rolled you guys :D

Edited by Stewie

The very mention of the words disbandment, extended POW status, punitive reparations and high reps, everyone look over their shoulders to verify that there are no journalists around. CN is pussified.

Imagine a coalition where Schattenmann is being called a monster and madman by NPO, AZTEC, and Duckroll for arguing in favor of reps, whilst GOONS and ODN cry that aid embargoes are actually reps.  It's not avant garde theatre, it's Equilibrium.

I don't think we(meaning AZTEC specifically) cared if you wanted reps, we just weren't going to enforce them on people we were actually fighting. What you wanted to do on your fronts was really your call.

As far as we were concerned anyhow.

Edited by Auctor

I wasn't in gov when we were "bested" 

If you remember I was roguing you guys  :war:

Last war I had my hand in organising was when Double Vision rolled you guys :D

There's no reason to put bested in quotation marks like it isn't true. It is.

And I'll take that as a challenge. Good luck. :smug:

Imagine a coalition where Schattenmann is being called a monster and madman by NPO, AZTEC, and Duckroll for arguing in favor of reps, whilst GOONS and ODN cry that aid embargoes are actually reps.  It's not avant garde theatre, it's Equilibrium.

This seems pretty inaccurate.  

Ai at one point was suggesting that Umbrella get forced to spend their wc's as a condition of peace, no one could find iron, and i'm pretty sure argent didn't care what you thought.  npo seemed fine with enforcing sanctions or extended war, and aztec didn't care what happened not on their front, pretty much ever that whole war.

That said, it does capture your sense of your importance at the time.

Edited by hartfw

Ai at one point was suggesting that Umbrella get forced to spend their wc's as a condition of peace, no one could find iron, and i'm pretty sure argent didn't care what you thought.  npo seemed fine with enforcing sanctions or extended war, and aztec didn't care what happened not on their front, pretty much ever that whole war.

While I definitely simplified to make a point, this is so far off the mark that I must assume you're joking or that you weren't there.

What it captures is the culture change that Helbrecht mentioned; however, I think he puts too much importance on the fear of backlash.  Some of you were just being dickweeds for the sake of being dickweeds, the "for shame, Schattenmann and JudgeX" arguments against reps were all made by AAs that had taken or enforced them while sniffing MK's ass, others while DH's reign was ensuring that no one could stop you, and those will take reps again when you feel like the crack your noses are next in gives you the leeway to do it without fear of repercussions in the short term, or again when you think global conditions will keep the nuclear heat off you.

Edited by Schattenmann

While I definitely simplified to make a point, this is so far off the mark that I must assume you're joking or that you weren't there.

What it captures is the culture change that Helbrecht mentioned.  Though I am quite important :smug:

Look, man, Sengoku don't have to have facts to be smarter than you.

The real point was that NPO made false promises to not push any kind of agenda that would have resulted in absurd, punitive measures against Umbrella or the coalition of alliances that fought on Umbrella's side in that war that C&G tried so desperately to make DH believe wasn't coming. Then when the time came for negotiating peace, the terms rolled out and everyone NPO's empty promises affected had every reason to either get angry and point out the blatant hypocrisy, putting considerable amount of pressure on the belligerents when that dirty laundry started seeing the daylight. C&G and OsRavan knew all along what was building up before EQ and what NPO was truly planning for, and they made their moves to secure a place in the post-war landscape which would follow, but even I believe OsRavan and ODN in general were legitimately taken aback by NPO and ultimately DuckRoll's decision to flip flop on their promises and that caused actual strife between them. Clearly being blatantly lied to by Brehon wasn't enough to keep OsRavan from abandoning the only allies that actually gave a damn about them and helped reintegrate them back into the global scene by signing with the ultimate instigator of the conflict, and definitely the biggest provocative influence that led to an aggressive war against ODN's closest allies though. 

As for Non Grata, they threatened to pull out of the war if DH et al. didn't accept whatever peace terms that we were offered that they felt were "fair". They had deliberately placed themselves in a position where they could play both sides and were ultimately burnt by that shortsighted decision. They had already been belligerent and two-faced toward MK and GOONS, constantly shit talking us in private. That they didn't think we knew about that made it even more surreal when they came to me not long after EQ had ended asking for GOONS' support in goading Polaris into open conflict through their proxy, a little collective of rogues that called themselves Bear Force One, because they needed our ties to Umbrella and Umbrella's ties to TOP's sphere in order to guarantee the advantage. "If only we hadn't downgraded [the MDoAP] with you lol" - NG Triumvirate. My point being, Non Grata isn't new to deceptive, manipulative behaviors against their allies for their own well being. It was a treaty I was glad and still glad to have canceled because any relationship with Non Grata is simply toxic and unappealing to have for any longer than absolutely necessary.

What it captures is the culture change that Helbrecht mentioned; however, I think he puts too much importance on the fear of backlash.  Some of you were just being dickweeds for the sake of being dickweeds, the "for shame, Schattenmann and JudgeX" arguments against reps were all made by AAs that had taken or enforced them while sniffing MK's ass, others while DH's reign was ensuring that no one could stop you, and those will take reps again when you feel like the crack your noses are next in gives you the leeway to do it without fear of repercussions in the short term, or again when you think global conditions will keep the nuclear heat off you.

nothing i said was inaccurate.  You should try that.

The real point was that NPO made false promises to not push any kind of agenda that would have resulted in absurd, punitive measures against Umbrella or the coalition of alliances that fought on Umbrella's side in that war that C&G tried so desperately to make DH believe wasn't coming. Then when the time came for negotiating peace, the terms rolled out and everyone NPO's empty promises affected had every reason to either get angry and point out the blatant hypocrisy, putting considerable amount of pressure on the belligerents when that dirty laundry started seeing the daylight. C&G and OsRavan knew all along what was building up before EQ and what NPO was truly planning for, and they made their moves to secure a place in the post-war landscape which would follow, but even I believe OsRavan and ODN in general were legitimately taken aback by NPO and ultimately DuckRoll's decision to flip flop on their promises and that caused actual strife between them. Clearly being blatantly lied to by Brehon wasn't enough to keep OsRavan from abandoning the only allies that actually gave a damn about them and helped reintegrate them back into the global scene by signing with the ultimate instigator of the conflict, and definitely the biggest provocative influence that led to an aggressive war against ODN's closest allies though. 

As for Non Grata, they threatened to pull out of the war if DH et al. didn't accept whatever peace terms that we were offered that they felt were "fair". They had deliberately placed themselves in a position where they could play both sides and were ultimately burnt by that shortsighted decision. They had already been belligerent and two-faced toward MK and GOONS, constantly !@#$ talking us in private. That they didn't think we knew about that made it even more surreal when they came to me not long after EQ had ended asking for GOONS' support in goading Polaris into open conflict through their proxy, a little collective of rogues that called themselves Bear Force One, because they needed our ties to Umbrella and Umbrella's ties to TOP's sphere in order to guarantee the advantage. "If only we hadn't downgraded [the MDoAP] with you lol" - NG Triumvirate. My point being, Non Grata isn't new to deceptive, manipulative behaviors against their allies for their own well being. It was a treaty I was glad and still glad to have canceled because any relationship with Non Grata is simply toxic and unappealing to have for any longer than absolutely necessary.

It's almost as if you dont know what the word hypocrite means.

nothing i said was inaccurate.  You should try that.

In fairness to Schatt, we managed to have problems with the exact same people he apparently did in Equilibrium. I just don't really recall Schatt's particular agenda as being important enough to have an emotional reaction to at the time.

What it captures is the culture change that Helbrecht mentioned; however, I think he puts too much importance on the fear of backlash. Some of you were just being dickweeds for the sake of being dickweeds, the "for shame, Schattenmann and JudgeX" arguments against reps were all made by AAs that had taken or enforced them while sniffing MK's ass, others while DH's reign was ensuring that no one could stop you, and those will take reps again when you feel like the crack your noses are next in gives you the leeway to do it without fear of repercussions in the short term, or again when you think global conditions will keep the nuclear heat off you.

I know on my part, I was uninterested in reps not out of any moral disdain for them, but because it didn't fit into any goal I had out of that war. The revenge motive didn't exist there for me. I put some real effort into fighting that war while it lasted - I really only wish that the people that had had the revenge motive had been fighting hard enough to have merited the outcome they wanted. Edited by Auctor