Japanese-Novak Relations

Mogar

To: Novak Department of Foreign Affairs

Greetings,

As I am currently in Europe visiting the Imperiums friends in France and Snow Haven, I feel I should take the opportunity to reach out to those surrounding my allies in order to discuss a future that ensures a stable and peaceful Middle East, as well as ensure the security of the respective vital trade routes we control . If Novak shares my vision of a peaceful and prosperous Middle East and wish to meet with me, send and I shall be there within the hour.

Signed,

-Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Sovereign of Japan and Joseon, Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure.

Edited by Mogar

The SonicStar would arrive a few hours after replying, the party would be made up of the Empress, two hand maidens and two bodyguards.

OOC: either skip to the meeting or we can do an arrival and travel scene, I'm game for either.

"The Imperium being in control of the other strategic waterway in the Indian Ocean, I felt reaching out to those surrounding the Suez in order to work towards a cordial relationship, as well as expand the markets for the growing Imperium economy, we create the most advanced consumer electronics outside of Tikal, and the cost of our rebuilding from losing 6 of our largest cities was quite staggering, expanding our economic partnerships will allow us to recover some of the costs of the dramatic recovery effort. Of course, there is a strategic purpose to this meeting as well, our navy patrols the eastern Indian Ocean, maintaining a good relationship with the powers in the Western Indian Ocean and perhaps the sharing of intelligence will prevent any threats to either of us in our shared waters."

"We, too, have ships that patrol throughout the Indian Ocean. As the Power on the Indian Ocean, it is important to maintain waterways for merchants across the world,  especially as they head to the Suez. We are willing to work with you on the matter of removing threats early, however what type of treaty were you interested in?"

Mutual intelligence sharing since we have similar interests in that sense, as well as some level of economic treaty, I believe your nation has a sizable number of raw materials and our markets are insatiable for them, in exchange we have advanced consumer electronics as well as nearly every finished good you could think of, all sold for reasonable prices in comparison to most other nations in competition with us in those markets."

• 4 weeks later...

It had been months since the fruitless meeting but both nations had changed dramatically, the Imperium containing 80 million muslims had made relations with Novak a priority, to at least ensure that the Islamic population of Siak Republic was able to visit Mecca and Medina, and perhaps others relations.

To: Novak Department of Foreign Affairs

From: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Greater East Asian Imperial Co-Prosperity Sphere

Greetings,

First, I would like to pass along our condolences to the tragedy that has befallen your leadership, we have experienced the horrors of terrorism ourselves and offer our assistance in destroying out any support from within our own citizenry for those who have caused such awful events. As we have a large minority of Muslim citizens, the Siak Republic government has requested we reach out to our Islamic brothers within Novak to discuss our citizens gaining access to the Muslim holy cities. Qhile we realize that you are currently experiencing a bout of terrorism and in this troubling times may have concerns of allowing foreigners into your nation, we would like to discuss the idea of a more formal partnership of cultural exchange and mutual cooperation on the subjects of intelligence assets, especially regarding terrorist groups. While our nations have had their disagreements in the past, we have maintained a commitment towards working with all those who share our world towards a more secure world for all of us. If you are interested in these negotiations I will make the proper arrangements to travel to Novak to discuss them in person.

With regards,
Minister of Foreign Affairs,

Osamu Saito