Diplomatic Dispatch to Novak

Malatose

To: The Government of Novak

Greetings,

As both of our nations share common interest in one of the busiest regions in the world, we invite you to Persepolis to discuss increasing defensive and intelligence cooperation between our two nations.

Signed,

Imperial Councilor, Babak

Upon arriving in Persepolis, Minister of Defense Mohammed Nasser Ahmed would be driven to the Imperial High Command, where he would be greeted by Imperial Councilor Babak of the Sphere of Defense of the Empire.

"Greetings friend." He motioned for his counterpart to have a seat. "Thank you for coming on such a short notice." Councilor Babak sipped from his glass of water, " I have invited you here to discuss an important security matter, which pertains to us both. The Spartan incursion into the Indian Ocean. The Indian Ocean is an important asset to the both of our nations, both economically and strategically. In my humble opinion, allowing a foreign power to "invade" this region puts us both at jeopardy. In my opinion, we should work together and work towards keeping foreign nations out of the region."

"We have taken notice of Spartan ships in the Indian Ocean, however we see dozens of ships in the Indian Ocean over the course of any day. Thus far, their movements have not signaled any intention to mount an offensive in the region. I do agree that we should ensure the waters remain open for the nations that reside, an attempt to control just a vast region would require cooperation from all Indian Ocean nations."

Babak nodded, "You are correct. Hundreds of ships do travel the Indian Ocean; however, such a large fleet from a non regional nation brings forth a lot concerns, for my people and for the other nations in the area. While I agree that other nations do need to cooperate to ensure total regional security, both of our nations need to work together and become the forefront of that movement. For now, I would suggest a treaty, where we could jointly work together to ensure the security of our perspective regions."

Babak nodded and handed a dossier to his counterpart, containing the treaty.

In the spirit of cooperation and dedication to peaceful brotherhood, Novak and the Persian Empire, hereafter known as the 'signatories', do solemnly agree to the following articles. These articles will form the basis of all formal ties between the signatories, and bind them together as allied nations;

Article I: Mutual Defense - The signatories agree to the spirit of mutual defense, in that if one is attacked, it would be considered an attack on the other if assistance is requested. Both nations may decline assistance or involvement from the other, but sharing pertinent important information or noncombatant assistance in the event that assistance is declined is highly encouraged.

Article II: Strategic Communication - The signatories agree to the spirit of strategic communication, to make the other aware of information that could be important to one anothers' sovereignty, and/or to prevent confusion about national interests and goals. Both nations are expected to maintain operational security over sensitive information. Both nations also ascribe to negotiate through cordial, respectable delegation panels or their ambassadors if in the unlikely event that the nations should have a dispute.

Article III: Embassy Establishment - The signatories agree to the establishment of embassies within each others national capitals, and allow for consulates to be constructed in major cities by request of the host nation. Both signatories promise to subscribe that these embassies are to be protected by the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations in 1961.

Article IV: Economic Cooperation - The signatories agree to establish a strong relationship economically, lowering tariffs and export/import restrictions on one another's goods and services, except for certain technology deemed sensitive by their governments. Goods and services provided by one's nation, particularly sensitive military gear, if acquired, is not to be sold without express permission of the original purveyor.

Article V: Cancellation/Alteration - If, for whatever reason, this treaty is to be canceled, the terms of this contract shall be in effect for three months (OOC: One Week), following the cancellation. Alteration of terms must be made by legal representatives of both nations.