Meeting of Rome

Hereno

This thread is private.

The Alvonian government had heard news that Milanese Councilor Luigino Zangari was interested in talks of rekindling an alliance, under direct orders of the Doge himself. The Alvonians were advised to bring their own security personnel to a modest but upscale bar next to the Councilor's house in Rome. He would be waiting in the executive suite with several guards and a folder. Edited by Hereno

Within a few hours, Karoline Dressler would arrive with four lightly armed members of the Schwarze Korps in tow. After being led into the executive suite, Dressler would take a seat and request a glass of white wine. Turning to Councillor Zangari, she would then say in German-accented Italian, "Director Wilding briefed me that there was a possibility of an alliance between us. What is Milan thinking in that regard?"

Councilor Zangari welcomed his Alvonian bar-mate to the suite, and got down to business in response to her questioning. "I'm glad you asked. With all of the happenings not only in Europe but around the world, it is good to know who has your back and who doesn't. The Doge feels that maintaining good relations among the central European powers is paramount not only to our own protection, but to regional sta--"

He paused suddenly as Karoline's drink was brought to the table, along with a refill of his. Taking an impressive gulp of amaretto, he allowed Ms. Dressler to drink to her content before continuing.

"As I was saying, we cannot trust the stability of Europe to those fickle opportunists around us. With that in mind, the Doge is interested in signing a treaty outlining provisions for non-aggression, cooperation, and military defense between Alvonia and Milan. The united peoples of Germania and Italy will prove a bulwark to go down in history."

After taking a sip of the wine, Dressler responded, "I see. Well, we didn't have much of a relation with the former Italian state other than a former Frenchman that managed to evade both Alvonian and Italian border guards. Thankfully, only Hungary-Slovakia and Belarus seem to be the only nations we should worry about, France has served us well before, Snowhaven tends to themselves, we are currently liberating Brandenburg from ultranationalist oppression, and all others we have either allied with or don't mind. As to these provisions, Alvonia would have no problems signing onto any of them. We are always looking for reliable allies."