FAN Announcement

Yes, if a war starts it will go from great for over 95% of yellow to less. Of course that war would need to start very soon and involve most of yellow to matter, however I can see that was what you were predicting, and its not that just are terrible at judging this stuff.

So, tell me more on how the 3 happiness for 3 income proposal was stupid for tjl to vote for it, as you declared it?  I would like to learn from you...

I wasn't predicting anything. You're not as clever as you think.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAN doesn't like that another alliances senator approves policies on their team? Cool, do something about it.

You do have the right to defend yourself just as tJL has the right to use their senators the way they see fit. I also don't understand why tJL is being singled out. Two other alliances voted the way they wanted to as well. These senators are elected by the people to represent the people. If they're not voting according to their people's views then the people will vote for someone else in the future. So yes this is representative of the people.

This announcement sounds like it came from a conservative news station in my nation know as Faux News.

Edit: These are my firm beliefs despite my views of disliking a few of tJL's allies and liking FAN. Just for clarity.

Edited by Rotavele

FAN doesn't like that another alliances senator approves policies on their team? Cool, do something about it.

You do have the right to defend yourself just as tJL has the right to use their senators the way they see fit. I also don't understand why tJL is being singled out. Two other alliances voted the way they wanted to as well. These senators are elected by the people to represent the people. If they're not voting according to their people's views then the people will vote for someone else in the future. So yes this is representative of the people.

This announcement sounds like it came from a conservative news station in my nation know as Faux News.

Edit: These are my firm beliefs despite my views of disliking a few of tJL's allies and liking FAN. Just for clarity.

FAN did do something about it, they had a nation declare on tJL and nuke them. Although both parties have agreed on not escalating this and talking to each other about the senate in the future instead. So your comments don't make much sense compared to the reality of the situation. Personally I like both tJL and FAN, so I think its good they worked things out; even if tJL had the right to defend themselves and escalate it further on their end if they wanted.

Don't you remember how that turned out last time?!

"It's the eye of the tiger

It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger"

Just saying

Don't worry WC only raids while on the DBDC AA. It's not hypocritical. 

EDIT: That came off as sarcastic and I don't intend for it to be. 

The fact that his in-game alliance affiliation is changed does not matter when you consider that he holds dual membership. He would have to forfeit his membership for it to not interfere with their own charter, and rejoin at the conclusion of his raid for it to not interfere with his charter. Not that any of this matters, because I don't really care about raiding, it's just kind of ignorant to claim to be something else while allowing nations to do it simply because they are founders or large.

I think what Starfox101 is saying is that White Chocolate claims to have dual membership with both Doombird Doomcave and The Javahouse League while holding a government position at The Javahouse League, yet still raiding in contrary to the alliance he holds a government position in.

Correct.

Common sense would dictate that instead of playing to the bored masses you could've spared us the bluster and worked towards an amicable solution to your problems from the start.

Common sense is lacking in these parts it would seem. I guess I'm glad peace isn't.

Hey, that's just boring. If everyone worked for peace nothing would ever happen around here.

Words have been spoken between tJL and FAN to hash out some things between us.  In that discussion the idea of gentleman's agreement regarding senate proposals for the yellow team was tossed around.

Happy to see that FAN and tJL governments were able to sit down together and work something out. Thanks to both.

Someone giving an opinion on the OWF based on personal belief and not politics??? Oh my - that's actually refreshing :D

The fact that his in-game alliance affiliation is changed does not matter when you consider that he holds dual membership. He would have to forfeit his membership for it to not interfere with their own charter, and rejoin at the conclusion of his raid for it to not interfere with his charter.

When Lander Clan is under the DBDC AA, I follow the rules/regulations of DBDC. When under The Javahouse League AA, I follow the charter of The Javahouse League. This is what nations in alliances are supposed to do - follow the internal policies of the AA they hold. As long as both governments are aware and okay with the arangement, I don't see how it matters. They have the right to accept (or not) whoever they want. It's internal policies of each alliance and not something to be dictated by outsiders. Also, if anything, this system (allowing duel membership) is simply stating in public a situation that already exists. If not keeping it behind closed doors offends you, too bad :P Edited by White Chocolate

Here is what happened:

One man in FAN decided (I assume on his own, but maybe not considering this announcment) to declare war on one of the three yellow team senators who voted for a yellow team proposition he disagreed with AND also declared war on one of the senator's alliance mates (who isn't even on yellow team but happened to be in his range). This happened on July 16. The FAN guy didn't do ground attacks the first night, but did send a bunch of demands via in game PM. Neither person declared on sent attacks the first night either.

Then on July 17 the FAN person nuked the people he attacked. The people nuked did what anyone else in the situation would do - fought back.

If this is what passes for a DoW these days, then we truly have achieved global stability.

That's rich.  DBDC scumbag wants traditional CBs and DoWs.

Edited by Schattenmann

That's rich.  DBDC scumbag wants traditional CBs and DoWs.

WC only wants traditional CBs when on the Javahouse AA. She only raids alliances on the DBDC AA so it's not hypocritical. I don't see why you don't understand this, it's quite simple. Edited by Unknown Smurf

WC only wants traditional CBs when on the Javahouse AA. She only raids alliances on the DBDC AA so it's not hypocritical. I don't see why you don't understand this, it's quite simple.

Ok there's no way that you're being serious now

WC only wants traditional CBs when on the Javahouse AA. She only raids alliances on the DBDC AA so it's not hypocritical. I don't see why you don't understand this, it's quite simple

Troll? Not sure if serious or not.

You can't hold dual membership and on one hand advocate raiding aligned nations for no reason, then change your AA and cry about being attacked over a grievance. Unless of course you are a gigantic hypocrite, which in this case, is 100% obvious unless you are a friend of DBDC. See: Hershey.

Dual membership nonsense has always been silly. Unless someone wants to give me dual membership in their alliance and pull all sorts of chicanery without any consequences. Then it's awesome and I support it.

I have missed this FAN. Yellow #5 and the "redo" of D-Day were two of my favorite things in the golden age of this world. (Of course, being in GOLD at the time gave me a different view of the intent of at least one of those things.) 

Hope you all send a message to those that are elected to represent you and fail to do so.