Hungary-Zapadnayan Diplomatic Relations

Euphaia

Confidential to Zapadnaya

The nation of Hungary-Slovakia invites the nation of Zapadnaya to meet with a Hungarian Government Official and discuss a Non-Aggression Pact between Zapadnaya and Hungary-Slovakia.

Edited by Euphaia

OOC: Euphaia, I just have a request before I reply IC'ly. You would have no knowledge that an MDP between Alvonia and Zapadnaya is about to be signed or that one is being contemplated since the discussions and negotiations between Alvonia and Zapadnaya are not public. I would therefore like to request that you edit your original post to reflect this.

OOC  - Ah you are right.  It is late and I plain didn't think of that.  Lemme tweek my post.

Edit:  Tweaked it.  Can always retweak it some more if you want, too.

Edit: There, I'll just leave the first sentence and the whole second post.

Edited by Euphaia

In response to the request, Zapadnayan Foreign Minister Teodora Petrova would be dispatched to Hungary-Slovakia. Ahead of her arrival, the Zapadnayan Foreign Ministry would send an official reply to Hungary-Slovakia accepting the request for a meeting and including the necessary information on FM Petrova's arrival.

The Hungary-Slovakian Minister of Foreign Affairs, tamas Sandor would meet Teodora at the airport.

"Minister Petrova, I am Minister Tamas Sandor, it is a pleasure to have you here in Budapest."

After walking Petrova to the government limo that was awaiting them and Petrova was sitting comfortably inside, Tamas would continue.

"After tensions in Europe got as high as they did a few days ago, the Hungary-Slovakian government is very keen and very interested in doing all that we can to ensure that peace in Eastern Europe will be lasting, hence the compromise we offered which became the Carthage Accords, and why we invited you here to Budapest.

The Hungary-Slovakia government I has asked me to gauge Zapadnayan interests in mutual trade and a Non-Aggression Pact. If those go smoothly, than my government is also keen on improving and increasing friendly diplomatic relations with Zapadnayan, and in the not-distant future, perhaps even beginning discussions over a Mutual Defense Pact.

For the present time, would your government be interested in exchanging ambassadors, trade relations, and a Non-Aggression Pact between our two nations?"

The Zapadnayan Foreign Minister would politely greet her Hungary-Slovakian counterpart and listen carefully, while periodically making notes. When an opportunity presented itself, Field Marshal Petrova spoke:

“Regarding the situation in the former state of Poland and the resulting Carthage Accords, my government holds stability in the Eastern European region to be of significant importance. We also hold the position that stability in Europe cannot be left to organizations such as the European Community to uphold.

The Zapadnayan government would not oppose expanding the diplomatic ties between our two nations, up to a point. Plainly speaking, my government would be in favor of exchanging Ambassadors, establishing avenues for increased trade and discussing the possibility of signing a Non-Aggression Pact. I can however state quite clearly that we will not sign a Mutual Defense Pact with the government of Hungary-Slovakia now or any time in the near future.”-FM Petrova