Babylon and Persia

Malatose

With the Persian Empire now in a state of stability and prosperity, the Imperial government began it's diplomatic push. The first target for this push was the ancient Empire of Babylon, which sat on the Empire's western borders. The Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs dispatched a message to formally open diplomatic channels.

To: The Empire of Babylon

Friends,

We invite you to the Imperial Capital of Persepolis to discuss the building of relations between our two nations. Despite being reincarnations of two of the greatest Empire's that civilization hasever  known, we believe that we have a lot of other things in common. We do hope that you accept our invitation.

Signed,

Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Upon arriving in Persepolis, Babylonian Representative, Ishtar Kuna, would be greeted by an Imperial Representative. After a brief ceremony, A motorcade would transport the foreign delegate to the awaiting Emperor in the Imperial Palace.

"Welcome to Persia.", Emperor Bahadur said, as he directed the Babylonian Representative to a nearby seat. "I hope you enjoyed your brief flight."

"Persia is as beautiful as the setting sun your Imperial Highness. The flight was comfortable, and thankfully short, so no jet lag" she said, smiling slightly before bowing her head to him.

'I must apologise for the tardiness in responding to your communique, our Foreign Affairs Department is soley made up of me, myself and I at the moment. The former department head and chief diplomat started to lose his touch and was removed from his position, so during the transition period, the paperwork built up. For that I do apologise, do not take it as a slight against Persia or yourself Sire."

Emperor Bahadur nodded, "No need to apologize. Indeed, these are busy times that we're in." Bahadur smiled, "I will get straight to the point. Both of our nation's share a great history, as two of the most dominating Empire's in ancient history. This, in my opinion, is the perfect reason for us to work together, both economically and militarily."

'Indeed we do share a common history in the region, and now here we are, thousands of years later once again the seats of power for the middle east and central asia. What sort of policies or proposals did you have in mind for the future relationship we are going to be enjoying?'

"I would like to counter propose a mutually and obligatory strategic partnership of the military variety Sire. But if you would prefer, I can agree to optional defence on the condition that the alliance gets reviews after five years. As for an economic agreement, I can agree to that." said Ishtar, sipping some bottled water.

"How would you feel about student exchange programs?"

"I'm willing to agree to an Optional Defense Treaty, with a five year review. In my opinion, that would be the best course of action. In addition, a student exchange program would be beneficial." Bahadur motioned to one his adjutants, who presented the Babylonian representative with a dossier. Inside was a draft of the discussed treaty.

Article I: Non-aggression and Friendship
Both nations shall remain civil to each other at all times and to agree not to endorse or engage military action against the other signatory.

Article II: Intelligence
The signatories agree to provide any information that could be perceived as a threat to the other signatory.

Article III: Aid
The following signatories agree to provide aid to each other when it is deemed absolutely necessary for the survival of their nation. In other situations it is allowed but not required.

Article IV: Optional Defense
Both signatories agree to contact the other signatory in times of military strife, for them to consider the possibility of them entering the conflict on their respective side. After five years, both nations will evaluate the possibility of an upgrade to an Mutual Defense Pact.

Article V: Cancellation

Violations of any article of this treaty will result in cancellation. If either signatory decides they wish to cancel this treaty, they will give 24 hours notice plus inform the other signatory as to why.

"Are there any modifications you would like to make?"