Clone-Droid Army and IMPSOC

Markus Wilding

FOR PUBLIC RELEASE

Civilian starships containing small, formal delegations have been sent to both Bespin and Mustafar to raise contact with forces in control of the systems and establish their identity. 

On Bespin, clearance would be given to the delegation, and upon their landing they would be greeted by seven clones clad in early phase armor, two B2 super battle droids, and one droideka. Among the various high points, droid snipers moved unseen, watching the delegation carefully for any signs of treachery. At the head of the group stood General Conndill Hanepoor, in full dress uniform. "Welcome to Bespin," he said, "I trust there is a good reason for this intrusion?"

On Mustafar, again the delegation would be given clearance to land. This time, however, instead of clones, the delegation would be met by seven B1 battle droids, two B2 super battle droids, and one droideka. No snipers were visible, or operating in the landing area. General Hanhudd moved among the droids, coming to the front, coughing through his mask. Although young, he was still slightly hunched over and his voice was very raspy. "Welcome to Mustafar. We'll start easily - who are you, why are you here?"

thesopranosepisode66_6.jpg

IMPSOC Inquisitorious personnel wear unusual uniforms alien to the majority of the Galaxy

Each delegation was composed of three plainclothes IMPSOC Inquisitorius personnel. All were well trained in a variety of intelligence fields, hand to hand and small arms combat, and additionally held a major advantage over non-force users: they were all Force sensitive humans. Although Inquisitorious personnel were few in number, their use in establishing contact with non-Imperial forces was part of the cautious new IMPSOC doctrine intended to cut the losses suffered by the bumbling, more traditional Imperial forces.

The missions of each delegation had an overt mission that was clearly understood by both parties: determining the identity of the Mustafar and Bespin governments, and whether they were open to negotiation. However, each diplomatic attachment had a secondary purpose: detecting the presence of force sensitives, especially Jedi. Additionally, measures were taken to avoid capture: each Inquisitorious agent was already injected with a time-delayed poison, and the antidote was located on a starship a single jump outside this system. Following standard IMPSOC protocols, the ship's nav computers had been wiped as soon as they landed.

Each delegation remained stolid-faced throughout the initiation of contact, noticing the intentional high visibility of the forces arranged to meet them. Inside, they probably smirked at the rookie display of force. As they left their ships, they carefully observed details around them, the battledroids, the troopers, the weaponry, the faces of civilians, the condition of the infrastructure, the smell of the air, the sounds that filled the air around them.

Although each was no match for a Jedi, working as a group they could hold their own. To this end, they each carried a short lightsaber and concealable blaster. Although they lacked the focus and direct power of the Jedi, they grew up the human way, enjoying unique backgrounds and a wider range of experiences and mentalities; this has more than once helped them overcome isolated Jedi in the past.

------------------------------------------------

On Bespin and Mustafar, they ignored the rude welcome and introduced themselves to the Generals.

"Good day General Hanepoor, we represent IMPSOC territories surrounding this system and wanted to discuss the future of Bespin. As you are aware, Bespin is a key producer of Tibanna gas for the galaxy, and was until recently a longstanding member of this Imperial Sector -- until something happened to the Imperial Garrison stationed here. We would like to ask you a few questions regarding our loss of contact with the Bespin Imperial Garrison."

------

"Greetings General Hanhudd, we thank you for the warm welcome. We are representatives of the Imperial Outer Rim sector assigned to investigate signs of activity in this system. Recently we had sent observation craft to several systems, and Mustafar was one system we found signs of significant activity in. We found this interesting considering this system's former connection to the CIS. The observation craft detected active jamming from a fleet in the system and, following protocol, assumed a hostile presence and jumped to Imperial space. We would like to ask a few questions regarding your presence in this system."

"Hm, interesting," Hanepoor said as the Inquisitorious described their situation, "Well, I'm afraid your men are either mistaken, delusional, or mad - when we arrived here two weeks ago, there was no Imperial garrison. Any resistance that was offered was from the locals...and they quickly learned their place as our battle droids destroyed anyone that dared to stand against us." Looking each man over in his entirety, Hanepoor said after a short pause, "Well, if you have questions, ask away. I'm authorized to answer nearly any question."

----

"Ah," Hanhudd said, before bursting into another coughing fit, "then the Admiral was right. An Imperial ship was detected. Well, gentlemen, we were under the impression that the Empire had died." Another coughing fit. At this point, Hanhudd wasn't sure if it was the planet's atmosphere or his lungs that were bothering him. "Questions? Ask away - though some answers may be classified information I cannot share with non-Command personnel."

"Put bluntly, we need to ensure Imperial investments in Bespin remain secure. Now, we are not necessarily opposed to your presence on Bespin, but you might consider that this system is well within Imperial Space and that you should tread lightly in Imperial territory. After all, you have to admit it is something of a security concern for us. We need to ensure that Imperial Citizens have proper representation on Bespin, and we have been authorized to establish an Imperial embassy in Cloud City and formal recognition between our forces should you allow unimpeded Imperial commercial business to continue in Bespin. What say you?"

------

"General, we are mostly concerned with Bespin at the moment. As we noted, the probe ship was one of several sent to major systems in this sector. This was not an act of hostility, but one of intelligence gathering and exploration. As such we would be interested in establishing a formal diplomatic presence on Bespin should Imperial commercial interests be respected and protected."

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Hanepoor raised an eyebrow at the "tread lightly" comment. "Imperial? And here I was thinking the Empire had died. Regardless, any vague threat you may have cooked up will not intimidate me - I remember giving many myself when I was serving the Empire. As far as an embassy goes and commercial business, I will have to consult my superiors on that. Until I receive an answer from them, you are welcome to stay in Cloud City. Choose any suite you like in the dock's hotel, but be warned - try to enter a restricted area and you will be shot on sight. Once you get settled, I will have one of my communications officers forward you a map of forbidden entrances, paths and buildings." Once the visiting Imperials accepted the invitation, Hanepoor would nod and make himself scarce. If he heard them ask him a question, he would turn and hear them out, ready to give an answer.

----

"Then why bother Mustafar?" the General asked quizzically, coughing slightly. "We build our droids and tanks here, among...other things. Besides, I do not control the goings-on in Bespin; you'll want to visit General Hanepoor there and speak to him." Taking a moment, Hanhudd thought about the situation. "Unless, of course, you already have people there... I'm beginning to get the sense that you're not here simply to tell me about Bespin." Coughing again, Hanhudd continued, "No, you gentlemen have much more in mind. You want to know who we are...don't you?"

Three sets of eyebrows were raised in Bespin, but the Inquisitors took it in stride.

"Thank you for your courtesy, but we have other business to attend to. Here is our direct communications codes... you can contact us as soon as you receive the go ahead to begin formal diplomacy. We look forward to hearing from you"

--------------

"Well, you know we are Imperials, we would appreciate knowing a little about who you are and what you represent. You must have noticed our look of concern at seeing the battle doids..." - No look of concern had actually been revealed by the inquisitors - "... but as you must know last time Imperials were in this system the 501st Legion was manually shutting down a droid factory."  

"Very well, then," Hanepoor said, taking the codes. "Until next time."

----

"Of course. You are currently on the Mustafar outpost of the Clone-Droid Army. We reactivated systems here to construct and train a new, loyal army...all for just war. No silly trades, no debates, just war. It's what we live for, and what we die for."