Druk Yul-Japanese Relations

Mogar

Dear Empress Hoshiko,

Druk Yul is casting an ever wider net seeking friends and compatriots in neighbors. We started with those who shared our immediate border, now we're moving a bit outwards. As King, I wanted to invite you to Druk Ralung for a state visit. I also wanted to advise you for the formation of SEATO and that as an Asian state Japan qualifies for admissions to the treaty and would be a member whom I would sponsor joining so long as you agree to its standards. The treaty is attached separately and you may read at your leisure. If you should decide Japan wishes to join, then I will convene a meeting of representatives of the existing members for a vote. Gunwai is also considering joining the treaty, they have been approved but are awaiting internal ratification.

Regards,

King Wangchuck of Drul Yul

Honorable King Wangchuck,

I would be honored to meet with you in Druk Ralung for a state visit when I return from Europe, We would be interested in potentially joining SEATO but I would like to discuss it with you in person before giving a concrete reply.

Regards,

Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure

The Mitsubishi SonicStar would arrive a few days later, containing the Empress, Osamu Saito, Imperium's MoFA, as well as two bodyguards and two of the Empress's private staff.

They would be greeted and taken to the temple at Druk Ralung. The Empress and her retinue would be taking to see King Wangchuck immediately. He happened to be meditating in the main temple before one of the most realistic Druk statues that Saito may have seen in her time. it had these jade green eyes that seemed to bore straight into one's soul and follow one around the room. Wangchuck would invite the Empress to sit and meditate with him as his staff served them dinner before moving on to business. They would be given a menu with a choice of Japanese or Local delicacies to fit whatever mood they were in for dining.

Although her formal robes were not exactly the most comfortable to meditate in, she bowed respectfully, a guest in his kingdom. She would sit next to him and mediate, well versed in Buddhist practices, the second most popular religion in Japan, probably the most popular throughout the Imperium though, as Shinto had only just begun spreading again thanks to her escapades during the war. Osamu on the other hand was quite uncomfortable thanks to the statue, he shook his head feeling as though he had seen a ghost, but also bowed and sat cross legged near them, the handmaidens knelt down just inside the entrance silently, the guards taking up positions on either side of the door eyes scanning the room. Osamu would have the local delicacies along with the Empress and the handmaidens would prefer the Japanese Cuisine.

"Thank you for inviting me to your Kingdom, I'm impressed by your nation, this temple, everything, it is refreshing to see another leader who holds religion close, I myself am more Shinto than Buddhist, but we hold both in high esteem in Japan."

Did the statue just wink at Osamu? Maelstrom had in fact blinked his nicitating membranes at them. It was hard to keep your posture rigid and your eyes affixed without occasionally blinking.. and this one.. was staring him down, noting every detail of his form.

The food was served, King Wangchuck continued polite conversation with the Empress, "What is a people without a soul, other than a husk that needs filled with enlightenment? We have all the substances of life about us, but if they are not within us, what does life truly matter?" He smiled. "I love this place. I am honored the people have allowed us to use it and I take great care of it with the monks. Such an institution of culture and history is not something to be trivialized or made one's home and I think not of it as such.. but as a museum of my history.. and myself, though leader of a government.. also part curator. And if I were to stop babling for a moment, just take in the air and the aura of this place, it would put my mind at ease." He smiled to her. "I too am happy to be in the presence of one who appreciates the divine in life."