Rise! Children of Dido

Centurius

Times had been tough on the peoples of Northern Africa, ever since the fall of global order they had been forced to fend mostly for themselves. Despite protection from African states against foreign invasion the protection against domestic invasion was basically non-existent. Warlords had taken root and weren't planning on leaving any time soon. It truly was the last place you'd expect a new beacon of civilization to rise. However as history had shown so often in those places you least expected it there was potential. Carthage was such a place, ever since the fall the peoples of Tunis had reverted to old believes. They started to call themselves Punic once again and the worship of Allah started to make place for the worship of Tanit and Ba'Al Hammon. It was only a matter of time before this new wave resulted in the formation of government and that time was now. In the ruins of what used to be a palace ten men had come together. Each of them chosen from a section of the city. 

"We cannot risk it, while order may have been established within these walls it is non-existent outside. There is no way Carthage can combat the warlords" Sirom, one of the more conservative members of the Carthaginian senate, said in response to the suggestion Carthage should expand its influence to lands historically under its control. 

"Yet we are vulnerable here as it is and our economy is suffering, only through stability and order can we hope to trade our wares and grow our city" Jabnit, the exact opposite of Sirom said. However in the end nine out of ten voices didn't really matter. Everyone knew real control was with he who held the money and he who held the armies needed. Hiram, starting off as a simple black market weapons trader the fall had made him a man of significant wealth and power. Holding a mercenary army strong in numbers and having been able to quickly secure food supplies the initial years after the fall he had built up enough reserves to live as a king. But he needed more than to live as a king. He needed his line to be recognized as one, a true dynasty.

"Let me suggest the following, Sirom I can understand your fear. So many have died already and we cannot afford to lose more Carthaginian men and women to chaos. My mercenaries however have no such problem. I can dedicate my men and wealth to this cause but as you all know my services do not come without cost." At that point all the men already knew what was going to be required "What I can offer is to make all of us very rich men indeed. Once we dominated trade, we were a power to behold. We can return to that point but only if we are led by a strong leader. Someone beloved by the people and respected by our would be enemies. Someone like my son." Hiram took a sip of his wine before continuing. "I hereby motion for Anysus of Carthage to formally be named King of Carthage and Supreme Commander of the Carthaginian Army." He finished before taking a seat. To no one's surprise the vote passed, after all everyone in the senate liked the potential and Anysus was in fact one of the more well liked members of standing who could actually find support. 

A few days later as the armies of Harim and Anysus had already moved into all directions and secured support from leaders throughout Northern Africa. While full control was not even close to established outside the walls of Carthage there was enough support that the armies could handle what was left to achieve. It was time to formally announce the new state to the world. 

200px-Tanit-Symbol.svg.png

A Declaration from Anysus, King of Carthage

Peoples of the world!

It brings me great joy to formally announce the return of an ancient empire. First beaten by the Romans and later on oppressed culturally the Carthaginian state has suffered terribly. A state almost forgotten to history. It is through this announcement that I formally establish the return of the Kingdom of Carthage. Over the last few days we have obtained support from communities throughout the nations traditionally known as Tunisia, Libya, Algeria and Mauritania and welcome our long lost brothers back to the community. 

I welcome leaders from likeminded nations throughout the world to join me in Carthage for celebrations and diplomacy.

"The Republic of Italy recognizes the sovereignty and independence of Carthage. As a fellow neighbor of the Mediterranean we hope our two nations may establish diplomatic relations as soon as possible."

Aidennic Alexandria is ecstatic that another sovereign nation has risen from the ashes and brought stability to more of Africa. Not only does Alexandria recognize Carthage, we invite them to apply for membership of the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/122198-the-european-community/]European Community[/url]. 

"The United States of America welcomes Carthage and hopes for prosperous relations between our two countries in the near future."

"The Kingdom of Portugal is proud to see another African state arise and determine self rule."

- Executor of State Prince Vicente

"The Imperium welcomes the rise of a new African nation, we look forward to a rejuvenated Africa."

"Free America recognizes Carthage."

"The Republic of Italy recognizes the sovereignty and independence of Carthage. As a fellow neighbor of the Mediterranean we hope our two nations may establish diplomatic relations as soon as possible."

"The Principality of Tikal recognises Carthage's rise from the ashes of yesteryear. May you be more successful and prosperous than your ancient ancestors."

"I thank you all for your well wishes and look forward to future interactions"

Aidennic Alexandria is ecstatic that another sovereign nation has risen from the ashes and brought stability to more of Africa. Not only does Alexandria recognize Carthage, we invite them to apply for membership of the European Community

"I thank you for your welcome and your offer however I fear that at this time Carthage must continue facing inwards to maintain the Kingdom. Afterwards we will consider engagement in blocs and other agreements"