Turn spies off the first 5 days

I noticed a nation that is 2 days old spied me today. I don't think it makes sense to be able to be spied but I can't even attack him until day 5?

That would certainly make sense.  I didn't know one could spy being that young.

• 9 months later...

I'll be the odd one out and disagree - a little.

Gather info in the first 7 days should probably be allowed. Just like you can spy a nation in peace mode in SE. 

At the same time though, it is probably easier to turn everyone off rather than just most of it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I also agree 100 % when you can't do anything about it, this just makes it frustrating.

Also @ Sigrun, I gave some thought about what you said and I think that if you just wanted to know
Intel on a nation, then on day seven it could be done. 99% of the time you want I for is for war anyways.
So the reason it all should wait till day 7 is because unlike SE there is no Peace option here.

BG

I'll be the odd one out and disagree - a little.

Gather info in the first 7 days should probably be allowed. Just like you can spy a nation in peace mode in SE. 

Everyone starts with the same amount and most people don't build until day 7. So intel isn't very usefull since you can roughly guess how much someone has that early in the game