There's none so blind as those who will not listen.

Mogar

Rota give it a rest on accusing me of fabricating stuff. The entire reason i asked for crimea river to be retconned was because i couldnt think of a reason to maintain the RP's course as it would no longer have made sense as tywin was retconned. If anything I did us both a damn favour.

MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH

Not a great example, the Rota we kicked out a lot is not the Rota who came back last month.

To be fair that was only because there literally was no one who would give you land. If even a single person had given up a pixel of his own land there was surprisingly little we could have done about it.

To be fair to you as well, I was a bit of a mess. I remember when I was trying to shoot Shammy's aircraft down with AA missiles when he was 3000 miles away :3

Ok, we've found something we can all agree on at least.

You just sai- nevermind not even going to try.
Edited by Rotavele

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of fucking crybabies, I had threats of nuclear holocaust levied against the Hawaiians (my own people in RL) and Im not even mad, just rerolled, prepared for the next war, and got lolretconned when I was about to win. What an astounding lack of character from these bully players who want to push around little 6k nations but bawl about Triyun pushing them around.

Just lol

Edited by Tywin Lannister

To be honest, I don't quite see how past behavior has to do with anything. I'm not saying that Tryun's/Centurius' actions were justified(I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know), but what does it have to do with cnrp2? Sure, they can go about trying to build some new hedgemony, but the fact is, they are capped, and from the looks of it, they would be pretty isolated pollitically. If you decide that you don't like them, you can run them out of the game just as easily as they can run you out of the game. In other words, everyone would be playing on a more or less even playing field.

Just my 2cents of course.

What a bunch of $%&@ong crybabies, I had threats of nuclear holocaust levied against the Hawaiians (my own people in RL) and Im not even mad, just rerolled, orepared for the next war, amd got retconned. What an astounding lack of character from these bully players who want to push around little 6k nations but bawl about Triyun pushing them around.

Just lol

Was that IC and not retconned? If so, that's not cool and I'd like to deal with it for you.

Also I mean this in the most un-offensive way possible, but the fact that they're your people irl doesn't weigh much here. To be fair, you have to look at it from someone else's stance. I mean if Alabama got nuked and I got un-easy about it because I live there irl, you wouldn't care that much :P.

However in fairness to you, they do know that you're very proud of your people. And given that they threatened to commit genocide against those people shows that they're just trying too hard and in warped ways. Provoking you rather, as Mogar would put it.

Edited by Rotavele

To be honest, I don't quite see how past behavior has to do with anything. I'm not saying that Tryun's/Centurius' actions were justified(I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know), but what does it have to do with cnrp2? Sure, they can go about trying to build some new hedgemony, but the fact is, they are capped, and from the looks of it, they would be pretty isolated pollitically. If you decide that you don't like them, you can run them out of the game just as easily as they can run you out of the game. In other words, everyone would be playing on a more or less even playing field.

Just my 2cents of course.

I agree with this, but on the same token I think more would be willing to give a chance if they could acknowledge that their behavior was not conductive to a collaborative day.

That doesn't answer my question though. How would you, as an rp community, there we go some clarification, stop someone from destroying someone's work. Imagine two nations at 5k ns, one who writes nice and peaceful and the other who likes a bit of war and control. If the later attacks and invades the former how would you resolve it?

Re-posting in the hopes of getting an answer.  

I agree with this, but on the same token I think more would be willing to give a chance if they could acknowledge that their behavior was not conductive to a collaborative day.

"This goes for others, a new nation should not be viewed in the same lens as the old one just because the person rping it did something objectionable in their last nation."

This is part of the ruleset of CNRP2. The idea that previous nations actions shouldn't be held for or against a new one, as long as there is no connection. How can you spout that, yet practice the opposite when people who have not ever RP'd in CNRP2, are subject to such a negative lens? We call that hypocrisy, Mogar. There is not a single action in CNRP2 that points to Triyun behaving poorly, OOC or IC, in this RP. So, as with every other person 50k+, he should be viewed with a clean slate.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

So you're literally wanting them to sit here and say "I was wrong for what I did"? This isn't to get them to apologize for their actions to you. It's to get them in or out of this roleplay. Don't use this game or community to further your personal agenda.

That doesn't answer my question though. How would you, as an rp community, there we go some clarification, stop someone from destroying someone's work. Imagine two nations at 5k ns, one who writes nice and peaceful and the other who likes a bit of war and control. If the later attacks and invades the former how would you resolve it?

Find out how butt hurt each party member is, if any of them express a small ounce of butt hurt the whole thing is to wiped and fought out OOCly until one of them eventually leaves or is outcasted. At least that is the precedent. 

"This goes for others, a new nation should not be viewed in the same lens as the old one just because the person rping it did something objectionable in their last nation."

This is part of the ruleset of CNRP2. The idea that previous nations actions shouldn't be held for or against a new one, as long as there is no connection. How can you spout that, yet practice the opposite when people who have not ever RP'd in CNRP2, are subject to such a negative lens? We call that hypocrisy, Mogar. There is not a single action in CNRP2 that points to Triyun behaving poorly in this RP, so as with every other person 50k+, he should be viewed with a clean slate.

Gotta agree with you here,
Edited by Rotavele

May the retconns ever be in your favor

This is part of the ruleset of CNRP2. The idea that previous nations actions shouldn't be held for or against a new one, as long as there is no connection. How can you spout that, yet practice the opposite when people who have not ever RP'd in CNRP2, are subject to such a negative lens? We call that hypocrisy, Mogar. There is not a single action in CNRP2 that points to Triyun behaving poorly, OOC or IC, in this RP. So, as with every other person 50k+, he should be viewed with a clean slate.

hypocrisy is also calling someone out for being insulting and them insulting them the next line, as Triyun did already in this thread, but I don't see you calling him out about it.

I am willing to give him a clean slate, others may not be so forgiving, most people require the aggressive party to acknowledge fault before forgiveness.

hypocrisy is also calling someone out for being insulting and them insulting them the next line, as Triyun did already in this thread, but I don't see you calling him out about it.

I am willing to give him a clean slate, others may not be so forgiving, most people require the aggressive party to acknowledge fault before forgiveness.

google-translate-600x293.png

"I am going to give you a clean slate, but first: I will throw everything in your face, attempt to humiliate you by making you apologize to me in public, and make you say you were wrong for everything bad ever done in the first game. I do this a neutral party trying to help you. Let me help you."

Edited by Rotavele

I am referring to how CNRP2 is supposed to be a clean slate, I don't care if you two exchange what you both believe to be insults. What actions should he be faulted for in CNRP2?

CNRP =/= CNRP2, Mogar. Move on and work with a clean slate as you would anyone else 50k+ that's new to CNRP2.

I am referring to how CNRP2 is supposed to be a clean slate, I don't care if you two exchange what you both believe to be insults. What actions should he be faulted for in CNRP2?

CNRP =/= CNRP2, Mogar. Move on and work with a clean slate as you would anyone else 50k+ that's new to CNRP2.

To be fair the rest of them did ass kiss to get in, or were asked themselves by CNRP2ers repeatedly to join due to old relationships. I am sure you can already tell who is who.

Edited by Rotavele

I don't have the best track record in cnrp ive been rolled quite a bit by triyun an in no small part of it being my fault for not doing a good job of opposing him. That being said, let them in. At least give em a chance before saying no.
That's all

Also Triyun/Cent coming in would be good for global stability. The current status quo is one large group that dislikes another group. A third option to keep us all into check would be great. At the end of the day, it can help a lot to prevent war with several different ideologies and groups instead of one or two. 

Edited by Rotavele

ITT: It is wrong to kick out people based on a democratic vote, but having one person decide to destroy their entire nation IC is totally fine.

You're not opposed to the voting because of any moral reasons, this is a game. You're opposed to it because you know you won't pass it but still want to play in CNRP2. Perhaps you could get people to vote for your entrance by admitting that CNRP is a garbage heap and that the dozens of players in CNRP2 have a good point in having created a new map with new, different rules from CNRP. Rules that you don't intend to oppose at every turn for your own Risk-playing ability.

Oh wait, that would require an actual commitment to something other than doing everything you can to boost your in-game influence at the expense of others. Frankly, the over-50k NS nations are already bad enough that we already have, not to mention all of the drama caused by trying to be inclusive to Tywin. More players is not always good; sometimes, less is more. And you're already complaining about our rules before even having entered the damn RP. So in my opinion, all of you can stay out and enjoy the circlejerk paradise you created in CNRP for yourselves. You've earned it!

My final words in this thread:

Mogar here's the deal.  want to RP in an open and free world, to be defined in the sense of liberty, the right to make your own choices.  Sometimes just like in the real world, making choices for liberty means competition because two people want the same thing.  I believe that rules should be in place so that two people can compete fairly, but of course there will be a winner based on skill, sometimes means (though less so here). And to be frank when it comes to military matters, yes I'm in many ways yes, because I go to work and read/ help write reports on emerging military and other technologies, and because I've had formal training in military strategy, yes I have a big edge.  None of that is sinister.  It is what it is.

I also find you an annoying person.  I find the fact that when you were allowed in #cnrp, every conversation people were having you made it about yourself.  I found your portrayal several years ago of a society filled with jail bait Asian girls as your wise leadership, both appealing to a misoginistic orientalist stereotype and was angered by the fact you claimed that there was this mass exodus out of my country, to follow you into North Africa with no one knowing.  I felt they had been kidnapped, and thus acted.  But the fact is, between the period where you started turning every #cnrp conversation into a Mogar vs. Triyun thing, and the time I knocked out North African Mogatopia, I did not think of you for one second.  And quite frankly, I couldn't have cared less so long as you didn't do the stuff that pissed me off n North Africa, of where you were so long as I didn't have to listen to your voice.

Why I'm not apologizing to you, is because this is being made all about you.  In each conversation we've had when you talk broader principles it always comes back to your specific plight, and you are never able to argue a case beyond yourself.  Which is why it seems like this is solely about you.  I am simply not going to prostrate myself before you and your flat out wrong narrative in order to appeal to a bunch of people, whom you told not to join CN RP but rather join you in a new RP, CN RP 2, because I am the devil.  And I am not going to apologize to those I've never wronged because they've never met me, talked to me, bothered to hear my side of the story, etc.  I have nothing to apologize to them for.  Nor will I make any promise to do things I am not guilty of, and for charges that cannot stand up to a basic cross examination, because they are so poorly thought out and grossly misconstrued.

What I am saying is this.  I think any community someone joins here, should judge that person by the actions and deeds there.  They should not be judged by their [b]characters[/b] actions in a different RP.  Yes Jia was a bloody reconqueror of China.  But why shouldn't he be?  Are not most of China's greatest heroes?  When he found China it was in the grips of a Dragon Cult, which any serious student of Chinese culture and history would find at best racially and culturally insensitive to that culture by people with frankly little education in East Asian Studies, and very little willingness to learn about it.  Hell beyond the Dragon Cult it was being run by 50, 000 Indians and Meagan Fox.  Yes he came back and cut a bloody path to make it strong.  So did Qin Shi Huang, Hong Wu, so did Mao.  These are deeply flawed, but deeply engrained historical figures who stand up for an idea, Tianxia, which is deeply engrained in the Chinese Psyche.  Jia united the Sinic World.  He's a bloody conqueror but he's a good character.  And I am not Jia, I am proud of writing a story about him, and he was and I am guessing will remain, the greatest military commander any of the CN RPs have ever and likely will ever produce.

But I, Triyun, am not Jia.  I'm not a bloody military commander.  I am white middle class, researcher/academic, whose interests are focused on emerging technologies and east asian studies, who likes to RP, read, and play video games in my spare time.  I wanted to join CN RP, not Jia.  I would like to be let in like everyone else, and I'd like to see where my story for Persia would have taken me.  But if coming in means giving up my dignity and taking responsibility for stuff that I never did.  Then its simply a community I have no desire to be part of, and frankly I feel sorry for people who do, because it seems to be run by those who are mean spirited.

You seem to think I want to paint you as a devil, I simply want you to acknowledge that you have destroyed many, many other RPers storylines over the years and maybe, just maybe, that isnt the best way to go about playing a collaborative game, I use myself as an example because I experienced it first hand, unless you would like me to start a "what did Triyun do specifically to you" channel and get every single one of the 3 dozen nations you listed storys, then odds are I will have to argue my own side of things rather than anyone elses.

I asked you for space in east asia to continue my story as I wished to for Mogatopia 2, you refused, after rolling into Mexico and being isolated, I wanted a place to RP a city state which eventually turned into The Cape, you refused to even give up Singapore, 5 pixels of Asia would be colored something other than Tianxian and you couldn't let it happen. I even agree you have written a spectacular story, but when your story is merely the destruction of dozens of others, why do you feel your storyline has any more value than anyone elses? I want a world where you are free to RP whatever you want so long as it doesn't go against those two core tenants I listed in the OP, and I would absolutely love for you to acknowledge that your IC treatment of people has caused the OOC dislike of you that is not entirely brought about solely by me.

I want you to RP with us, I do not want to deal with Tianxia shitting on everyone Else's RP because lolhorde, it is a simple request to make of you, and if you genuinely wish to be a collaborator and not a destroyer, not a request you should have trouble meeting.