Removal of Tidy Bowl Man as Moderator discussion and poll

The Zigur

Should Tidy Bowl Man be replaced as game mod?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Friends and fellow roleplayers, it is with a heavy heart that I call for the removal of Tidy Bowl Man as game moderator and replacement by a more impartial and capable individual.

I did not always feel this way. Before I was involved and aware of the unfortunate OOC politics, I had thought that TBM was a fair game mod in an IC sense. However, after becoming involved in OOC discussion of game mechanics, a long campaign of silencing, intimidation and threats to remove me from the game began.

Some people simply cannot handle the stress that comes with responsibility and game management. I believe that as pressure was exerted on TBM, he began to crack, and use his "power" as game mod against us roleplayers to make himself feel better, and blow off steam. Once I began to voice my opinions on subjects like nuclear rules or the over 50k issue, he began to abuse his privileges against us.

[spoiler]

16:27 Tywin_Lannister it is convuluted

16:27 tidybowlman which is why I'm happy to see optrec deader than rat !@#$.

16:27 Tywin_Lannister making it complicated

16:27 tidybowlman see, Tywin really is just trolling.

16:27 Tywin_Lannister base reality on the two nations involved alone

16:27 tidybowlman come on, admit it.

16:28 tidybowlman you trolling.

16:28 Tywin_Lannister how am I trolling

16:28 Tywin_Lannister I dont want to be zerged

16:28  +++ tidybowlman has taken voice from Tywin_Lannister

16:28 tidybowlman Now I don't like liars.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

17:47    Lysergide    Lets go over them shall we?
17:48    tidybowlman    nope
17:48    tidybowlman    dicucssion done.
17:48    tidybowlman    this is now in your court entirely.
17:48    Lysergide    If we allow them, we should restrict their usage of stats. Similar to how we discussed early on before the RP started that if one of us moves to pass 50K NS we screen cap our nation to record the stats so that when we pass it, we continue to play on the screen shot stats and not the actual in game stats.
17:48        +++ tidybowlman has taken voice from Lysergide
17:48    tidybowlman    bye!
17:48    Biohazard    TBM
17:48    tidybowlman    You people want to keep discussing this, you make an actual discussion, on the forum.
17:48    Envoy    so many polls 0_0
17:49    tidybowlman    not a poll.
17:49    tidybowlman    a discussion.
17:49    tidybowlman    had you done it earlier this morning, you could have gotten the GM to halt the voting.
17:49    tidybowlman    now, $%&@ers, time for a beer.
17:50    Envoy    I don't check the CNRP forums as regularly as I do other places, unfortunately
17:50    Envoy    But I do pop in
17:50    Biohazard    aww Markus_Wilding
17:50    Biohazard    thank you
17:50    Biohazard    bud
17:50    Biohazard    =D
17:50    Biohazard    do you have eu4 or eu3?
17:50        +++ ChanServ has given voice to Lysergide
17:51        +++ tidybowlman has taken voice from Lysergide
17:51        +++ ChanServ has given voice to Lysergide
17:51    Lysergide    You are abusing your powers
17:51    Lysergide    If you cannot deal with the pressure of people bringing up concerns to you step down.
17:51        +++ tidybowlman has taken voice from Lysergide
17:51        +++ ChanServ has given voice to Lysergide
17:51        --- tidybowlman has banned *!*@coldfront-8579A403.hvc.res.rr.com
17:51    Lysergide    At this point it reflects poorly on you.
17:51        *** Lysergide was kicked by tidybowlman (tidybowlman)[/spoiler]

Perhaps worse, a ongoing Private Message discussion started by TBM and involving many roleplayers was closed to discussion because people were beginning to speak out.

This sort of behavior is unacceptable from someone who is supposed to be an impartial and fair Game Mod.

Additionally, several of us were told by tidy bowl man that extending the 50k optional recognition option was not on the table, despite the fact that it was extremely popular 45 day option when posted May 21st, earning 2/3 of the vote. In an informal poll recently, 50% wanted to suspend 50k talks, while a clear majority desired to veto votes from nations above 50k.

Why is TBM outright prohibiting a temporary extension of the 50k optional recognition when it is clearly a very popular option with the majority of roleplayers? Why are alternative options being pushed in the shadows without discussion?

In my case, perhaps the worst transgression was the unilateral action by TidyBowlMan attempting to kick me from CNRP2 and ban me from #CNRP2 despite no actual rules broken, because I issued a formal protest regarding discrepancy in the way interpretation of in-game rules are selected to confer major advantages to roleplayers who happen to have larger nations, especially 50k+ nations.

I can come to no other conclusion than that TidyBowlMan is biased in favor of large, over 50k nations and that Game Mods need to more adequately represent below 50k nations. I am sure that TBM only means the best, but like "bad cops," some people are not cut out for positions of authority.

Please discuss and vote in this thread.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

This poll is invalid, but this can serve as a discussion thread.

Personally, I feel TBM has served well as a GM and there is no reason for his removal.

Why is the poll invalid? Doesn't it represent the thoughts of the members of community roleplay like a poll should?

Why is the poll invalid? Doesn't it represent the thoughts of the members of community roleplay like a poll should?

because it is anonymous and as such there is no method to tell who exactly is voting, I could link this on IRC and get plenty of votes to favor whatever option i want.

1. Polls require a discussion thread first and must be started by a GM w/ a time limit in the OP.

2. Polls must be public to ensure that only community members are voting.

We've got ourselves a discussion thread here, nothing more.

1. Polls require a discussion thread first and must be started by a GM w/ a time limit in the OP.

2. Polls must be public to ensure that only community members are voting.

We've got ourselves a discussion thread here, nothing more.

Oh that's what you mean. You see it as an actual vote instead of a poll.

This poll should be public. Otherwise, it's meaningless as a valid poll on TBM's performance as GM. With that said, TBM's been doing a great job as GM so far. If you can't handle the way he's been treating you (and it's hilarious), then you need to grow a thick skin.

This poll should be public. Otherwise, it's meaningless as a valid poll on TBM's performance as GM. With that said, TBM's been doing a great job as GM so far. If you can't handle the way he's been treating you (and it's hilarious), then you need to grow a thick skin.

I am not sure you've ever read a discussion thread on here before you post and it worries me. I was going to bold the parts I was referring to, but I think pretty much all of it suffices. All of the points you've made have already been addressed and moved past.

Personally, I find tbm to be a good GM and, though he may be crass in the application of his duties/powers, they are usually just and make sense for the most part. I do not believe he should be replaced unless he wants to be replaced.

41 out of 38 nations have voted on this poll.

The four votes I cast are simply a reflection of the fact that my undying support for Comrade General Presidente Tidybowlman can not be contained in a single vote.  :awesome: (joke)

Edited by Imperator Azenquor