Need a new alliance

Listen, I know most of you want to make this thread about misfits, or the search for an alliance by the OP.  But its not.  Its about the new aa that will be coming next round.  An aa that will be unlike any other in TE or SE, and will be great and excellent.

And TFE is formed.

Listen, I know most of you want to make this thread about misfits, or the search for an alliance by the OP.  But its not.  Its about the new aa that will be coming next round.  An aa that will be unlike any other in TE or SE, and will be great and excellent.

Is it your long term project or a one-rounder?

It's hard to make an alliance "unlike any others" lol

Perhaps we should give NDO the short end of the stick for 3 rounds straight. See how you react? See someone's perspective before assuming they are overboard.

Forgot this piece because 1. when I responded I was still mostly asleep and 2. this is almost as toothless a threat as something you'd expect from TOLWYN or buckaroo13.  You have no power to actually enforce that threat.  Although please, do try, some very easy early round tech would be fantastic.  Also, what Samwise said is true, we've been given the "short end of the stick" as you put it before but we don't get on here and complain about how we're a sad innocent victim who must be mollycoddled because we do not require nor want to be seen as a victim.  Victims in this game do not win (and you wonder why you fail -constantly-?  TE is a war game.  There is competition, and not every story is going to have a happy ending.  I've lost ~20k NS in a war (with Warriors and Misfits, no less), rebuilt, and kept going without a single word of complaint about "unfair spyops" "downdeclares" etc..  We'd rather have attention for our victories than have attention for our defeats and that is why you do not measure up.

I get it, you're mad.  And unfortunately even the path you could improve down is already filled with verbal landmines that you placed there because there's no way you can play competitively - that is, play to win - without eating a huge amount of your own words.  Every single war declared on you is a "downdeclare" in your opinion (even when the statistics show it was an updeclare) so in order to avoid being called a hypocrite you'll have to updeclare.  You've generated so much bad press for yourself even I'm having difficulty figuring out your best way to regain respect.  Maybe

1. stop posting for like, the next 8 rounds.

2. grow a pair in your warfighting.  you're gonna get nuked, blockaded, and spied.  elaborate !@#$%*ing about WAHHH DONATIONS means literally nothing because us "evil donation types" are nuking, blockading, and spying each others' economies on a daily basis when it comes time for war.  if you can't take the heat then this is the wrong game for you.

3. get over your obsession with Paul, it was funny for awhile and now it just comes off a little weird.  i don't even think he takes himself as seriously as you take him.

Thus, the cycle ends up as follows:

1. Someone declares war on Misfits

2. Misfits immediately screams downdeclare for victim status during the pounding regardless of stats

3. Misfits intentionally avoids using certain parts of the game to attempt to raise status, no one falls for it, the pounding worsens and the rebuild is affected

4. War expires, Misfits have difficulty rebuilding, regardless of how the other alliance rebuilds it then becomes evidence that it was a downdeclare (no one actually falls for this) for MORE victim role attention seeeking.

So break that cycle.  I can promise you one thing, if you don't.... nothing will change for you, and all the complaining in the world will only encourage things to stay the same.

LAST EDIT - Or, you could simply step down as de-facto ruler of Misfits and allow someone with an actual concept of leadership and a modicum of dignity to do the job.  This would not only benefit Misfits greatly, but everyone else as well because to put it simply, you've turned what could have been a very good alliance into a pariah with no one to blame but yourself and everyone's sick and tired of hearing all this endless whining.

Edited by Nick GhostWolf

Alright Nick, I'll take everything you said as nothing less than opinion. I've heard from others positive thoughts. As far as our rebuilding goes after wars? I'm sure you noticed most of our guys rebuilt after our wars with the TE Police and attacked again within a day. You seem to be thinking of misfits 2 rounds ago still. I've seen nothing less than us going uphill. As I stated, your opinion is one of many.

2. grow a pair in your warfighting.  you're gonna get nuked, blockaded, and spied.  elaborate !@#$%*ing about WAHHH DONATIONS means literally nothing because us "evil donation types" are nuking, blockading, and spying each others' economies on a daily basis when it comes time for war.  if you can't take the heat then this is the wrong game for you.

You jerk. You're cheating by being one of the few people keeping admin motivated to run TE.

(jk)

DEFCON1, I think I'd like to go with you guys next round. If you could message me, and get me set up in a preemptive trade circle, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Although I would like to avoid the "suicide missions" you mentioned.

Edited by John More Dread

Alright Nick, I'll take everything you said as nothing less than opinion. I've heard from others positive thoughts. As far as our rebuilding goes after wars? I'm sure you noticed most of our guys rebuilt after our wars with the TE Police and attacked again within a day. You seem to be thinking of misfits 2 rounds ago still. I've seen nothing less than us going uphill. As I stated, your opinion is one of many.

To be fair to Misfits, Daenerys was the only target TB and I had in our second war that did fight back besides lobbing nukes.

To be fair to Misfits, Daenerys was the only target TB and I had in our second war that did fight back besides lobbing nukes.

This was something I'd noticed, of all the Misfits I had not expected to rise to the occasion Daenerys was at the bottom of my list, but I'll give her credit where it's due she's becoming a talented TE player.  Nice to see people realize their potential from time to time.

edit - here's an interesting example from within your own ranks you can follow, yung flow.  OWF bitching and excuse-making stopped, real skill and talent suddenly appeared.  When you stop making excuses you are left with only the choice to improve or not, and you are forced to confront the fact that you and only you can make that choice.  You can learn from her, if you refuse to learn from me.  I never thought I'd say this in a million years but Daenerys would make a good leader for Misfits.

Edited by Nick GhostWolf

Basically daenerys and I spoke all round about what direction we will be going with things. These are all internal things going on in misfits but none of you see this end to know what direction we are going for.

Straight down 

I gotta agree with Nick -- the way she realized how bad she was making things, took time to step back and 'grow up' .. As long as she doesn't come back posting the same nonsense bullshit over and over  and over and over that drove everyone to turn against her then she'd be 1000x better than you Yung ..

True I my war with them out all 5 enemies Danaerys was the only one worth a damn as far as fighting went.

This was something I'd noticed, of all the Misfits I had not expected to rise to the occasion Daenerys was at the bottom of my list, but I'll give her credit where it's due she's becoming a talented TE player.  Nice to see people realize their potential from time to time.

She certainly is becoming one, still needs to learn how to continue to build great throughout the entire round not just in the first few weeks.

I actually think the misfits have turned themselves around in a lot of ways, and not just danny.  Their building has been much better and their warchests haven't been comically low, which used to be their guide.

If they stop shooting themselves in the foot -- declaring everyone who disagrees with them butt budies and women, screaming down declare, attacking targets already engaged in dogpiles, or on very friendly terms -- I think they could be looked at as in the upper echelon of TE alliances.

Take it as honest advice and a compliment, or take it as an insult, but I think you guys could be a lot more then you are.

I actually think the misfits have turned themselves around in a lot of ways, and not just danny.  Their building has been much better and their warchests haven't been comically low, which used to be their guide.

If they stop shooting themselves in the foot -- declaring everyone who disagrees with them butt budies and women, screaming down declare, attacking targets already engaged in dogpiles, or on very friendly terms -- I think they could be looked at as in the upper echelon of TE alliances.

Take it as honest advice and a compliment, or take it as an insult, but I think you guys could be a lot more then you are.

They need more update activity for sure, sucks when most of the AA is European and early morning updates just aren't your think. I had the same problem in Hellas for several rounds.